New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    As i recall, it was FPJ that was on top of surveys. Im not sure if the last election was based on a lesser evil vote since majority was doubtful of the results.

As I have posted before, we will never know if we have voted the best person for the job. Only time will tell us if the individual voted is a great leader or a flop.

IMO many did not like FPJ because he lacked the credentials but who would know what might have been if he won that last elections.
    bro, i think it was a toss up between the two. me mga days na lamang si gma, meron naman si fpj. gaya nga nung sabi mo na fpj wasn't liked by many because of the lack of credentials, they may have voted for gma instead as a lesser-evil vote kesa manalo si fpj.

Yes, forums are here to educate those who have the means to the internet but majority of our countrymen doesnt have that advantage. Thats why we have this kind of voters. But still, somebody is going to win and most likely because of our uninformed countrymen. And the intellectuals will still obey those who are in power whether they like it or not.....
    and that is what is called "democracy".

Well I guess a lesser evil vote is better than those who thinks his "infomercials are cute" or "he gave mo 300 pesos vote" or "he is so handsome vote" or "his wife is fcukingly hot vote" etc.....

at the very least, the person who has a lesser evil vote at least evaluated his choice of candidates with a criteria in mind.....
    but that's the thing, bro. we should NOT be thinking that we only have the "lesser-evil vote" choice because we do, in fact, have the chance to practice our duty and power to choose our leader as we see fit. Point is, there is a better choice than the lesser-evil choice.

Honestly, between FPJ and GMA, i would pick FPJ as the lesser evil of the two. Who would trust someone who admitted lying on national TV? I dont know about the others but not me.....
    di ba nangyari tong pag-admit after that election na?

:cheers:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    As i recall, it was FPJ that was on top of surveys. Im not sure if the last election was based on a lesser evil vote since majority was doubtful of the results.
    well, majority perceived GMA as the lesser evil since FPJ has connections with erap, who in the minds of filipinos is tagged as greater evil.

As I have posted before, we will never know if we have voted the best person for the job. Only time will tell us if the individual voted is a great leader or a flop.
    that is why we have past records as reference. similarly, a candidate with a clean sheet record from corruption (and also has a clean sheet of achievements is a bigger gamble).

IMO many did not like FPJ because he lacked the credentials but who would know what might have been if he won that last elections.
    exactly why people should open their eyes. history can repeat itself after all

Yes, forums are here to educate those who have the means to the internet but majority of our countrymen doesnt have that advantage. Thats why we have this kind of voters. But still, somebody is going to win and most likely because of our uninformed countrymen. And the intellectuals will still obey those who are in power whether they like it or not.....
    why not be part of the change and educate them? most people are doing it after all. it all begins with a simple question of why.

it doesnt matter to the one who wields the power. Whether we like it or not, we'll have to follow whoever wins the race whether his intentions are good or bad.
    well, that's the consequence of our collective mistake. the real problem isn't the candidate but the voters. we get what the majority voted for.

that is why media is very powerful..... fact is if being used wrongly, it can be abused. But that is how things are and will ever be and we cannot do anything about it(well maybe if you buy the station itself). And I agree that the best survey is the election itself(unless tampered by COMELEC)
    which is also the new social cancer. what monkey sees, monkey does. sad isn't it?

Well I guess a lesser evil vote is better than those who thinks his "infomercials are cute" or "he gave mo 300 pesos vote" or "he is so handsome vote" or "his wife is fcukingly hot vote" etc.....
    not really as it is in the same league as those you enumerated. they're subjective-based voting after all.

at the very least, the person who has a lesser evil vote at least evaluated his choice of candidates with a criteria in mind.....
    heck, perceived attitudes themselves aren't that realiable with this hobbean mind of mine

Honestly, between FPJ and GMA, i would pick FPJ as the lesser evil of the two. Who would trust someone who admitted lying on national TV? I dont know about the others but not me.....
    ofc, you can say that after that actual election but before that was a different story ;)

anyway it is still a long way to go and I'm still hoping Dick could still push his stats on surveys.....noynoy retained, villar dropped, Gibo and Dick went up so i'm still crossing my fingers.....
    it's not about winning the surveys but proving them wrong. hell, I wouldn't be surprised if erap actually ends up winning and there's also a reason why he doesn't make his own surveys public ;)

And about surveys, IMO, if it would help Gordon paying up to push his stats, maybe he should do it for our sake......
    there you go.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt_taga View Post
    bro, i think it was a toss up between the two. me mga days na lamang si gma, meron naman si fpj. gaya nga nung sabi mo na fpj wasn't liked by many because of the lack of credentials, they may have voted for gma instead as a lesser-evil vote kesa manalo si fpj.
    maybe pero after 4 yrs experiencing bad things under her administration, I'm really surprised why other candidates cannot pull the numbers.

and that is what is called "democracy".
    the sad part of it is that in democracy, majority wins..... and if the majority is uninformed.... well we all know the consequences....

but that's the thing, bro. we should NOT be thinking that we only have the "lesser-evil vote" choice because we do, in fact, have the chance to practice our duty and power to choose our leader as we see fit. Point is, there is a better choice than the lesser-evil choice.
    well we should better explain that to the majority of the voters.... unless we could unify the informed ones.... we would always lose to the uninformed.... its the price of democracy....

di ba nangyari tong pag-admit after that election na?

:cheers:
    hmmm as i recall nagsabi si GMA ng "I Lied" speech niya nung magsabi siya na tatakbo siya sa pagka-pangulo di ba?

Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    well, majority perceived GMA as the lesser evil since FPJ has connections with erap, who in the minds of filipinos is tagged as greater evil.
    I agree.... Filipinos fear that Erap will go scott free if FPJ won..... I guess it didnt matter if FPJ won or not... Erap still is free and the best part of it, he is running for the same position again! WTF!

that is why we have past records as reference. similarly, a candidate with a clean sheet record from corruption (and also has a clean sheet of achievements is a bigger gamble).
    I agree with this point. Since past records are the best reference you have to evaluate a person but with the way things are happening right now we dont know which is which. Honestly, Im getting the inclination of not voting anymore since i dont think a single individual could pull things off. Noynoy might not be corrupt but his associates are and we know that by fact!

exactly why people should open their eyes. history can repeat itself after all
    well it has always been repeating for our country.... only the names have changed...

why not be part of the change and educate them? most people are doing it after all. it all begins with a simple question of why.
    well I always give my insights to my employees if time permits but i do let them choose for themselves. I never asked them to vote anyone just because I employ them. I always tell them to think and evaluate the candidates themselves. even if the candidates I support are my relatives, I never asked them to vote my relatives. Everything is up to them.

well, that's the consequence of our collective mistake. the real problem isn't the candidate but the voters. we get what the majority voted for.
    I agree.... flaws of democracy i guess....

which is also the new social cancer. what monkey sees, monkey does. sad isn't it?
    so true!

not really as it is in the same league as those you enumerated. they're subjective-based voting after all.
    hahahaha! but honestly, some voters think that way! I remember way back before, we got the support of these GROs just because they have a crush with a relative. All they asked for is a kiss in the cheeks.

ofc, you can say that after that actual election but before that was a different story ;)
    Well I guess I am different since I really have this feeling about GMA.... considering the fact that some of my relatives are members of LAKAS. She have this aura of shrewdness around her.... Maybe its just me.....

it's not about winning the surveys but proving them wrong. hell, I wouldn't be surprised if erap actually ends up winning and there's also a reason why he doesn't make his own surveys public ;)
    well surveys are not absolute truths after all....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    well, leading surveys also have an opposite effect. Sometimes it'll trigger more votes in favor of a candidate who isn't leading. Erap in particular doesn't mind losing to "surveys" because that's their campaign strategy.

The only difference with Gordon is that he's more vocal towards what's really happening. Problem is, media - biased as it is, will either mute him or give him air time at midnight.

The thing is, the system is afraid of Gordon, therefore, the system in the form of media favors the one who preserves and perpetuates the system.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    The senate is not a court of law. Whatever decision made in the senate is not based on evidence but only on political consideration. Hence, the issue there is not the guilt or innocence of having committed a criminal act but only if Villar committed an ETHICAL MISCONDUCT. Up until now, there is no final decision of the senate on the issue, puro media lang. Selfishness cannot be the basis in portraying the person as a criminal. If indeed there is any wrongdoing, the same should be prosecuted in a court of law not in the media or the senate which is merely out to politicize the incident. Kung as early as 1998 nung ipinagsigawan ni Joker Arroyo sa lower house ang acitivities ni Villar, bakit hindi sinimulan ng senado or inimbestigahan ng ombudsman, ibig sabihin there is no legal ground to prosecute.
    - I may stand corrected; as Senate sometimes dont take it seriously battling with their other colleagues, if they just take it seriously like a court hearing then this issue was resolved by then...

but really. who really are you campaigning for? am so confused who you are defending now. Or you may be undecided up to this point. Just select the Presidentiable candidate that will help resolve our countries conflict and truly research more and examine your candidate upon selecting one, please. Tnx.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    - I may stand corrected; as Senate sometimes dont take it seriously battling with their other colleagues, if they just take it seriously like a court hearing then this issue was resolved by then...

but really. who really are you campaigning for? am so confused who you are defending now. Or you may be undecided up to this point. Just select the Presidentiable candidate that will help resolve our countries conflict and truly research more and examine your candidate upon selecting one, please. Tnx.
    I'm thinking between Villar and Aquino. But more inclined to support Aquino.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post

If I am an HR officer or a manager of a company, I would pick Gordon. Very experienced in the field of PUBLIC SERVICE. Yung iba kase experience lang sa field ng POLITICS. And Gordon has a definite platform for the country.

Sa ibang candidates, ano na ba mga nagawa nila for the country? Platform kaya, nasa vocabulary ng ibang candidates? This statement makes Gibo an exception, he has plans and definite platform, but I think he needs more experience.

Mas ok pa nga si ERAP, may plataporma sa mga commercials niya like peace in mindanao, boost the agriculture to mitigate hunger etc. though I would not certainly not vote for him, mahirap kase ibalik ang trust pag sinira ng mismong pinagkakatiwalaan e.

Platform ba ang hindi ka magnanakaw? its like as if you're saying the other candidates will just steal money if elected - saying this is as good as an accusation. Ranting kumbaga. Leadership by example? cmon, you cant defeat the hoodlums without getting to them head on!

Platform ba ang maligo sa dagat ng basura? whatever. It is indeed a noble vision to end poverty in our beloved land but how would you do that? concrete plans please. maybe that person would get all men all the rich women in the country just like what he did to himself. (lucky bastard)

Bilib ako kay Gordon, he sure knows what he is saying, may deadlines pa nga sa mga dapat na gawin ng presidente. He even said he would tackle and end the Gloria corruption issues within 6 months (heck maganda to since madami pa kelangan gawin sa bansang ito other than persecuting a person). Track record? he got it. Experience? too many to list here. Expertise? i think he showed the Philippines his capability during his stay as the chair of SBMA - super disciplined, walang tamad, lahat willing mag volunteer and this is a good sign that he can lead by example and act with the constituents at the same time, proactive in other words.

Anyways, that's just me choosing according to my conscience and knowledge of the resume of the presidential aspirants and not to mere bandwagoning made by the surveys.

CHOOSE WISELY!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^^^^ I second that, bro....

if only voters would realize this and check on the candidate on what changes can he provide and how can our country profit throughout his project(s).

Its not just a mere voting for this candidate because he is no. 1 in survey, sikat, or to whatever reason, but to choose a candidate that can make our country a better place to live in and a country where you can settle your financial needs without you going out of the country...

If I am not mistaken, this is one of the platform of Gordon, to make our country a better place to live and a country that you can serve, not to serve other nations due to financial reason(s). Let Pinoy's serve their own country, the only one reason why filipinos are going outside of the country is due to financial needs; but Gordon will try to make it possible to make our country competitive with other countries....

[SIZE=5]Sen. Richard "Dick" Gordon for President[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I third!!
    Meron pa palang hindi sumasama sa discussion na may sense. Barely a month to go we need to inform the uninformed or the nabubulagan at nagbubulagbulagan.
    Sir agentrambo007 we have to worn you that maraming babangga sa inyo I hope your ready. Better yet wag niyo na lang patulan kasi iikot lang kayo at bottomline is panalo sa survey.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    nahelo ako kanina *_*

i speak on behalf of a friend as well

Will you VOTE for Dick Gordon as RP President?