New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ^to be f***ing honest, it's not your fault the majority of voters are nitwits
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    While I agree that the automation could have been better, its still a step in the right direction. Better nga siguro kung touchscreen ang gamit sa voting tapos may print function na lang for the hardcopy of the ballots. Malay natin, mangyari sa future. Sabihin na nating inefficiency/kurakot/budget and dahilan kung bakit hindi ganun ang nangyari, ang importante nasimulan na ang automation.

While I laud people for voting in line with their principles, I believe that this should take a back seat to practicality. Your vote is more powerful when it can change the outcome of the election. I would rather vote for someone else than have man evil liar win. If you voted for Gordon and this guy in orange won, could you really say its not your fault?

*ajOT
    I'm not whining bro. I like Gordon. I like Bayani. If my vote would determine the next Pres/VP I would vote for both. But numbers don't lie. It's still between Noynoy and Villar and I'm more concerned in preventing a greater evil in the man in orange.

Guys you would do well in not getting personal. Name-calling and saying my-idea-is-better-than-yours won't really win the minds of anyone.

Yeap! i would definitely say it is not my fault! and i would proudly say that i DID my part and stand up to what I believe was right for my vote. I Chose who i believe is deserving. The problem with Us Filipinos is that if something bad happen we have this mentality of finding someone else to blame!

if MV wins well, good luck to him. God is always in control. if indeed MV wins then God allowed him to win. And we should respect the one which God allowed to be our Leader! IMHO.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Kung sabagay, kahit sino manalo, mapalitan lang itong si pandak. And sana matalo yung mga congressman na nasa bulsa nya. And sana yung mga pumapasok sa back door ng congress thru party-list matalo lahat para wala na syang pag-asang maging PM thru cha-cha.

Peace to everyone. I respect your opinions.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Guilt or conscience doesnt matter...... only result does......

it doesnt matter if you vote with a clear conscience.... what matters is who won the race.

Most of us here probably voted for Roco but the fact is the midget is the one inside the palace, and we are more miserable than before. with more debt and more government funds stolen. All we could do is curse her.....

Now, we are nearing the election of a new president. Are we going to repeat the same mistakes? Lets hope not.... for the sake of our children.....

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ or it can also be inferred that the reason why the midget won is because the majority chose to have the safe, win-able, or even the leser-evil vote that was the her. isn't it that the results of the pulse-asia survey then showed her as leading always?

thus, in the same light as your argument, we could also say the same for it's reverse.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    but that's why a forum such as this exists so everyone can debate or contribute ideas. this is also why people who persist with their blind beliefs will find themselves butthurt. and tbfh it's our inquisitive minds that make man a thinking being.

where's freewill if you subject yourself to the herd?

how will a candidate win even if everybody likes him, if everybody is mentally conditioned via mass media he can't win? there is but one survey that makes the final word and that's the actual election.

and tbfh, elections is plain BS if our basis for voting is who is the lesser evil. GMA WAS a lesser evil.

./facepalm
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    Guilt or conscience doesnt matter...... only result does......

it doesnt matter if you vote with a clear conscience.... what matters is who won the race.

Most of us here probably voted for Roco but the fact is the midget is the one inside the palace, and we are more miserable than before. with more debt and more government funds stolen. All we could do is curse her.....

Now, we are nearing the election of a new president. Are we going to repeat the same mistakes? Lets hope not.... for the sake of our children.....
    Tama ka dyan kapatid! I voted for Salonga in 1992, I voted for Roco in 1998, I voted for Villanueva in 2004. Heck, only those who have the political machinery made it to the top. At least, yung dalawang manok ko nangunguna!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt_taga View Post
    ^ or it can also be inferred that the reason why the midget won is because the majority chose to have the safe, win-able, or even the leser-evil vote that was the her. isn't it that the results of the pulse-asia survey then showed her as leading always?

thus, in the same light as your argument, we could also say the same for it's reverse.
    As i recall, it was FPJ that was on top of surveys. Im not sure if the last election was based on a lesser evil vote since majority was doubtful of the results.

As I have posted before, we will never know if we have voted the best person for the job. Only time will tell us if the individual voted is a great leader or a flop.

IMO many did not like FPJ because he lacked the credentials but who would know what might have been if he won that last elections.

Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    but that's why a forum such as this exists so everyone can debate or contribute ideas. this is also why people who persist with their blind beliefs will find themselves butthurt. and tbfh it's our inquisitive minds that make man a thinking being.
    Yes, forums are here to educate those who have the means to the internet but majority of our countrymen doesnt have that advantage. Thats why we have this kind of voters. But still, somebody is going to win and most likely because of our uninformed countrymen. And the intellectuals will still obey those who are in power whether they like it or not.....

it doesnt matter to the one who wields the power. Whether we like it or not, we'll have to follow whoever wins the race whether his intentions are good or bad.

how will a candidate win even if everybody likes him, if everybody is mentally conditioned via mass media he can't win? there is but one survey that makes the final word and that's the actual election.
    that is why media is very powerful..... fact is if being used wrongly, it can be abused. But that is how things are and will ever be and we cannot do anything about it(well maybe if you buy the station itself). And I agree that the best survey is the election itself(unless tampered by COMELEC)

and tbfh, elections is plain BS if our basis for voting is who is the lesser evil. GMA WAS a lesser evil.

./facepalm
    Well I guess a lesser evil vote is better than those who thinks his "infomercials are cute" or "he gave mo 300 pesos vote" or "he is so handsome vote" or "his wife is fcukingly hot vote" etc.....

at the very least, the person who has a lesser evil vote at least evaluated his choice of candidates with a criteria in mind.....

Honestly, between FPJ and GMA, i would pick FPJ as the lesser evil of the two. Who would trust someone who admitted lying on national TV? I dont know about the others but not me.....

anyway it is still a long way to go and I'm still hoping Dick could still push his stats on surveys.....noynoy retained, villar dropped, Gibo and Dick went up so i'm still crossing my fingers.....

And about surveys, IMO, if it would help Gordon paying up to push his stats, maybe he should do it for our sake......

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Kung sabagay, kahit sino manalo, mapalitan lang itong si pandak. And sana matalo yung mga congressman na nasa bulsa nya. And sana yung mga pumapasok sa back door ng congress thru party-list matalo lahat para wala na syang pag-asang maging PM thru cha-cha.
    exactly what I wanted to say also....

BTW....2% na si dick gordon pantay na sila ni bro.eddie....hehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009

./facepalm
    well said, bro.

just to add on, consider this...

dun sa mga nag-iisip na hindi win-able yung sa tingin nila na dapat manalo, maaring pareho rin sa iba pang mga tao na nag-iisip about the same worthy candidate. kaya lang, lahat kayo eh iniisip na hindi nga win-able, so boto na lang sa win-able o lesser-evil na kandidato instead. what if all of you collectively represent a significant mass that could spell the real difference in the outcome of the election? so you see, by getting ahead of the system and being "smart", you may all be really doing the reverse and doing much damage to your country.

siguro mas maigi na wag nang i-over-analyze ang sitwasyon at iboto na lang ang sa tingin nyo na karapatdat. then, magtiwala na lang kayo sa demokratikong sistema. wag nang ikutan o utakan dahil baka lalo lang mapasama ang kahihinatnan.

Will you VOTE for Dick Gordon as RP President?