New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    [SIZE=5]10 Principles for Success in 2010[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]By Lynda C. Corpuz
    MONEYSENSE MAGAZINE[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Asked how ordinary Filipinos can improve their lot in life, Sen. Dick Gordon, who has enjoyed a fruitful and accomplished life, shares his key principles for career and financial success:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]1. Be ambitious. Umaasa tayo lagi sa tulong. Kahit anong hirap mo, you have to be ambitious. Being ambitious is not negative.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]2. Have the right work ethic. Bawal ang tamad. Lalong bawal ang tanga. Manage by objective. Instead of a quick fix or instant gratification, practice delayed gratification. We should go for meritocracy. Hindi palakasan. Palakasan pa rin dito.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]3. Learn a skill. Poverty is an absence of choice. That’s why you have to continue learning. You have to learn a skill. I never tell people “good luck.” I always tell them “good skill.” Be creative. Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa. God gave you skills. God will not help you if you don’t help yourself.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]4. Work, save, invest, and prosper. You have to work. Address your needs but always save. Get into a business. Get life insurance or a personal accident insurance kung `yun lang ang kaya mo. We need a provident fund especially for our OFWs. We have 11 million Filipinos abroad. You put them and our people here in a provident fund, we can prosper ourselves. Combine GSIS and SSS funds and come up with a provident fund, just like what Singapore did. People have to learn to save something.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]5. Help. Find extra time to help. Volunteer with the Red Cross. Kapag alam mong ginawa mo, bibiyaan ka. Helping others is a reward in itself.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]6. Lead by example. The Philippines would improve if it elects a leader who can inspire, able to communicate by word and deed, provides a vision, extracts values, and displays integrity. Demand from your leaders. Ask for their qualifications. Look for their record.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]7. Be independent. I had to fight big guys but I couldn’t tell my dad. He encouraged me to learn judo to protect myself. You have to learn to survive. You have to learn to stand your ground. Those guys who tried to bully me, I stood up to them.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]8. Learn from your mistakes. I learn from my mistakes. I learn from other people’s mistakes. There’s only one thing I can never learn: to be overly materialistic. I don’t pay the media to cover me. I don’t pay for my press releases. If my being straightforward is a mistake, that’s a mistake I’ll keep on repeating.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]9. Be assertive. We’re like makahiyas. We shouldn’t be. We shouldn’t be an adapting culture. We’re resilient but we don’t assert ourselves. We’re a happy people. That’s good psychology. We laugh at ourselves. We’re an accommodating culture. We shouldn’t be. We should live by the national anthem, by our oath.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Make fear your friend. During the Mt. Pinatubo eruption, I told myself we’re not going to allow ourselves to die here. I prayed, “If you’re going to take me, take me. Please though, don’t make me look bad as I lead.” You must make fear your friend.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Based on those principles, Villar is the most successful, not Gordon.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    nag-judo pala siya ba't sino ba nambully sa kanya mga sumo

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    Based on those principles, Villar is the most successful, not Gordon.
    succesul on what term? can you kindly clearly define his being succesful....
    yes I know, he is succesful in real estate business terms compared to Gordon; but in other terms Gordon have those principles, compared to Villar, thats why he is running for President, a competitive President.....

what law has Villar made that our country has profited? dont give me an answer of madami; cite it to me and make it be feasible in terms please.... after citing it, how much has he personally gained from it and what are the objectives of passing that law to our country?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Retracted.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; April 2nd, 2010 at 10:12 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    Bro, I concede that your candidate is well-qualified to become the president of this country.
    ajOT, he knows.
    Not only qualified but well qualified.
    What I don't understand is why is he protecting Noynoy and admiring Villar.
    Resume of Gordon
    http://www.senate.gov.ph/senators/se...don_resume.asp
    Noynoy's Resume
    http://www.senate.gov.ph/senators/se...noy_resume.asp
    Villar doesnt have a resume but agenda instead
    http://www.senate.gov.ph/senators/se...villar_bio.asp
    Noynoy

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    ajOT, he knows.
    Not only qualified but well qualified.
    What I don't understand is why is he protecting Noynoy and admiring Villar.

Villar doesnt have a resume but agenda instead
    http://www.senate.gov.ph/senators/se...villar_bio.asp
    Noynoy
    even me, am so confused on who he/she really is supporting between the 2 candidates.... and to take note those 2 candidates are the candidates who are hitting on the no. 1 post on every surveys (daw)....

Yeah I also came to notice that Villar's resume has even nothing to cite on, as his accomplishments on Public Office, is being questioned, as it is more of Personal gains, compared to Profitable Gains....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    [SIZE=7]Better Pilipinas, Gordon na![/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    succesul on what term? can you kindly clearly define his being succesful....
    yes I know, he is succesful in real estate business terms compared to Gordon; but in other terms Gordon have those principles, compared to Villar, thats why he is running for President, a competitive President.....

what law has Villar made that our country has profited? dont give me an answer of madami; cite it to me and make it be feasible in terms please.... after citing it, how much has he personally gained from it and what are the objectives of passing that law to our country?
    He authored 44 laws during the 12th Congress, among them are: RA 9178 Barangay Micro Business Enterprises Act, RA 9189 Overseas Absentee Voting Act, RA 9208 Anti-Trafficking of Persons Act, RA 9257 An Act Granting Additional Benefits and Privileges to Senior Citizens, and RA 9262 Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act. He shepherded into law were the Retail Trade Liberization Act, the New Central Bank Act, the New Securities Code, and the New Banking Act.He authored and passed into law the landmark New Magna Carta for Small and Medium Enterprises (RA 8289). He initiated creative legislation such as the establishment of the Small and Medium Enterprises Stock Exchange and Business One-Stop-Shop centers.

Kaya Villar na tayo. Subok na, matatag pa, at higit sa lahat may pag-asang manalo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    what about C-5 and SCTEx... ooops:rofl:
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Will you VOTE for Dick Gordon as RP President?