New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Turkey is the only democratic Muslim country in the world and the Turks are very sensitive to anyone insulting that fact.
    Indonesia has a democratic government also.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I don't hold it against anyone who immigrates here(and that means everyone, not just Pinoys) if they immigrated here and decided they want to assimilate as quick as they can.

It's a free country. They can do whatever they want without regard to how someone in the home country may feel. If someone from the home country feels vengeful, so be it. This is the US, not the Philippines. If he's in the home country, then he can be vengeful all he wants. But here in the US, nope. That's not going to hold. The US is made up of immigrants from all over the world who cut ties with their home countries. A Pinoy immigrating here is no different. If he wants to speak English so he can fit in, let him have that chance. Once he's settled down to the comfort level he likes, all things Philippines will come back.

When I went to the Philippines, I learned Tagalog because people kept making fun of me and I kept getting into fights. I spoke it pretty bad. But, it was enough for me to get by. As soon as I got back here, "Heave ho! Gone!". It's kind of like Spanish. It never stuck because my thoughts have always been in English. Personally, I think it should be mandatory for everyone here to speak English in light of the treatment I got over there.

Just my thoughts on the matter......

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Why do Pinoys abroad refer to the Philippines as PI?