New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Tax reform will help; sincere implementation of the anti-trust law will help; reducing corruption will help. But these are just scratching the surface. Asset reform should be the key. Unfortunately, no presidential candidate is even talking about this fundamental problem.
    In that sense, we've actually just moved from an agricultural feudal system to a capitalist feudal system. But with much of our infra development (which will spur the growth for other sectors) relying heavily on PPPs, you really can't expect anyone to bring down the hegemony.

I find it unfair though to blame the current administration for it - every one of my friends working in government right now says that there is genuine effort from the inside to reform the system. But how do you fix something so deeply entrenched into society?

Not even BS-spewing Duterte has offered a sensible, radical solution.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    the difference is that capitalism elevated the quality of life for everyone even at the bottom-most strata.

it's not a perfect system but it's certainly a heck lot better than communism.

and before suggesting further regulations, think about how the poor will uplift themselves out of poverty if you increase the barrier of entry into the work force and starting up a small venture.

regulations such as minimum wage have good intentions but ends up harming those it intends to help.

employers would be more reluctant to hire new workers with higher wages for relatively the same productivity and less margin.

in turn, those who have less skills and experience suffer the most because they can't compete for the same spot.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    It is better to have a job than do nothing at all...

And if the company is multinational, they just ship out to more cost effective sites.... That's what happened to a lot of companies here...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ^c'est la vie

that's what happens when social justice warriors strangle the goose that lays the golden eggs

Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Para sa akin hindi masusukat ang yaman ng tao sa laki ng kita niya at taas ng expenses niya. Ang tunay na mayaman. Kayang huminto ng trabaho anytime at kayang mabuhay ng same lifestyle hangang sa ma dead..

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Para sa akin hindi masusukat ang yaman ng tao sa laki ng kita niya at taas ng expenses niya. Ang tunay na mayaman. Kayang huminto ng trabaho anytime at kayang mabuhay ng same lifestyle hangang sa ma dead..

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk
    This thread is about income classes, not wealth per se. Doesn't matter where you spend your income or how much of it you have left. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12