1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Not surprised, malaki ang budget ulit next year

TRILLIONS OF PESOS

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    How can the politicians not love this country
    Yes! They love to be placed in office so that they can steal. I don't think we have even one honest politician. All of them only thinks of kickbacks and how to further deepen their pockets.

If I was the president of the RP, I would be transparent. I will let the people know which are my properties and how much salary I will gain being president via television. The balancing of books must be done on TV too. Any money given to fund something must have a deadline...at the said time it must be televised if there are any results. At the end of my term my earnings and properties must be computed to look for anomalies.

I also do not believe in the congress and senate. I do not believe in councilors or sangunian ng kabataan. I think you can make the mayors accountable for everything that happens in their area even handling of funds.

It is easier to monitor corruption if you lessen the people handling the money. Therefore any corrupt official must be punished by DEATH! No exceptions...even if you are the president.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    More than 800 billion of the 2010 budget is reserved for "Special Expenses"

what the f***?

Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    Yes! They love to be placed in office so that they can steal. I don't think we have even one honest politician. All of them only thinks of kickbacks and how to further deepen their pockets.

If I was the president of the RP, I would be transparent. I will let the people know which are my properties and how much salary I will gain being president via television. The balancing of books must be done on TV too. Any money given to fund something must have a deadline...at the said time it must be televised if there are any results. At the end of my term my earnings and properties must be computed to look for anomalies.

I also do not believe in the congress and senate. I do not believe in councilors or sangunian ng kabataan. I think you can make the mayors accountable for everything that happens in their area even handling of funds.

It is easier to monitor corruption if you lessen the people handling the money. Therefore any corrupt official must be punished by DEATH! No exceptions...even if you are the president.
    If I were president all the current politicians will be the first up against the wall...

that is after taking complete control of the military.

then I will beg for debt forgiveness.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    like i said in an earlier post, here it is

Philippines hires 3 banks for up to $1.5-B global bond sale:source
    http://abs-cbnnews.com/business/01/0...ond-salesource
    MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines, one of Asia's biggest sovereign debt issuers, has hired Barclays Capital, HSBC, and Deutsche Bank to sell up to $1.5 billion global bonds, a government source said on Wednesday.

Last week, the Philippine central bank approved the sale of as much as $1.5 billion in dollar bonds and $1 billion Samurai bonds.
    Philippines to Sell $1.5 Billion Dollar Bonds as Soon as Today
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...T0XZ6hKQ&pos=7
    Jan. 6 (Bloomberg) -- The Philippines will sell as much as $1.5 billion in dollar-denominated bonds as early as today to help plug a record budget deficit.

The Southeast Asian nation hired Barclays Capital Plc, Deutsche Bank AG and HSBC Holdings Plc to sell 10- and 25-year bonds first sold in 2009, according to an e-mail that underwriters sent to investors. The country sold dollar bonds every January since 2005.
    di pa kasali dito ang planned Samurai bonds (Yen-denominated bonds)

later pa yan

The Philippines has 650 million euros ($932.9 million) of debt due in February and $561.5 million of dollar-denominated debt maturing in March, data compiled by Bloomberg show.
    ^^^

hmmm...

maturing debt in Feb and March this year

$932.9M + $561.5M = $1.49B

borrowing $1.5B this month

exacto

galing noh?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Typical just like our masters in the US. Selling more debt to pay old and existing debt + interest. A never ending spiral of debt...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    we learn from the best

(problem is, unlike the US, we can't print dollars. we can only take this so far... then game over... kaya the govt has to encourage more people to work abroad to earn more dollars hehe)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as expected

more borrowing in Q1

Gov’t set on $1-B Samurai bond sale
    http://business.inquirer.net/money/t...urai-bond-sale
    MANILA, Philippines – Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) expects the Philippine government to push through with its plan to float as much as $1 billion worth of Samurai bonds in the first quarter.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    argh!!!!!!!!!!!! utang na naman! tapos singil naman ng singil ang mga ahensya nggobyerno pero yun serbisyo lalong pumapangit! potek! pwede bang pagbabarilin na lang ang mga to!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    We are the slaves of fiat system... The debt keeps on rising, we are getting slammed by the inflation it creates, taxes keep rising. Talaga slaves tayo ng fiat system that we have.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and that's why everyone with savings has to make their savings yield higher than the rate of inflation just to preserve buying power

like running on a treadmill just to stay in place

you can't stop running or else you'll fall off (inflation devalues your savings)

so here we are... running everyday... until we die

slaves to the system

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Where did the Philippines Debt Go?