New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    napanood ko lang sa news na parang gagawin is, babawasan if not tatangalin yung vat sa langis then idadagdag yung mawawalang buwis na yun sa mga alchoholic products and cigars? are you guys in favor of this? why/why not?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    im in favor because im no alcoholic and i dont smoke

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ma cope up ba yun amount na aalisin VAT sa oil pag nilipat sa sin taxes?

lower the taxes then dapat bawasan din ang expenditures, anong expenditures ang babawasan ng Gov't?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    tama yan, tapos increase revenue collection. sobrang inefficient kasi. syempre, improve basic service and eliminate graft and corruption para us honest tax-paying citizens see where our hard-earned salaries go.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I never smoke (and of course, never smoke when driving)....

Also, I signed the pact to never drink and drive....

So for me, smoking and drinking (alcoholic beverages) never mix with driving....

I support this action....

6404:pump:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, it could work, for a short term basis only.
    the reason why government cannot remove the VAT from oil is because more people are using oil than more people who drink and smoke... so if for example, they put oil on 0% vat and put 30% VAT on tobacco and alcohol, malulugi pa din sila.... their revenues will be affected. so wala na silang gagamitin para sa mga junkets nila tsaka sa mga pork barrels nila.

what i could see is just to lessen the impact of the rising oil prices by just temporarily minimizing the VAT to around 5-7% or have it fixed for example, around 6 pesos of VAT per liter of gasoline or diesel. that way, even though fuel prices go up, medyo shielded ng onti ang prices so it will not really go up high that much...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yun yung masakit tumataas ang oil tumataas din yung tax. Should have been fixed...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is a crappy idea...

The whole point of implementing VAT is to standardize the collection of tax.

And also, alcoholic and tobacco products are already covered by a separate sin tax on top of VAT.

One problem really is the unremitted and undeclared tax to the tune of P200 billion peso every year by corporations and professionals.

bigbigcar.com Review: Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is a crappy idea...

The whole point of implementing VAT is to standardize the collection of tax.

And also, alcoholic and tobacco products are already covered by a separate sin tax on top of VAT.

One problem really is the unremitted and undeclared tax to the tune of P200 billion peso every year by corporations and professionals.

bigbigcar.com Review: Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^^i guess tax evaders are really good at evading.... malas lang ng salaried workiers since kaltas kagad from salary bago pa mahawakan ang pera

what is your take on less VAT on oil, more VAT on alchohol & cigars/tobacco