New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's not only the OFWs who are sending dollars to RP. Filipino immigrants from different countries are also sending dollars to their loved ones as well as for their businesses and investments in the Philippines.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Why do i get the impression that people believe the government should create opportunities for its people?

It is NOT the govt's job to provide opportunities for us. We have to look for opportunities ourselves. We create our own opportunities.

i guess some people do not know where government's responsibility ends, and where an individual's responsibility to himself begins.

The job of our democratic form of government is simply to create an environment where its people can be free to dream and chase those dreams.

How we attain our dreams is our own diskarte. It's our responsibility. Not the government's. Problema na natin yun.

Kung pumalpak ang isang tao sa diskarte nya sa buhay, sarili nya ang dapat sisihin. Hindi ang gobyerno.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tagaisla View Post
    ako ay OFW sa kadahilanan na walang tumanggap sa akin sa pinas noong bagong graduate ako,kahit 1 dollar to 10 pesos ang palitan dito pa rin ako dahil ito ang binubuhay ko sa pamilya ko.dapat isipin natin kung ano ang magagawa natin para sa gobyerno hindi kung ano ang magagawa ng gobyerno para sa atin.
    di ko alam bro kung nag iisa ko pero feeling ko madami naman kayong ganyang ofw(like yebo, 5speed, etc).
    i may agree with smooth na trabaho ng govt yun but di pwedeng sila lang. me limitation din sila coz kulang nga tayo sa pera(you can argue coz of corruption, etc etc but thats another story).
    pero feeling ko di sila babalik sa pinas. di naman kasi ganun kastrong a peso. weak lang ang dollar. some financial analyst say temp lang yang weak ng dollar. iistable din yan in 08 pero di na siguro(hopefully) babalik ng 55pesos.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tagaisla View Post
    ako ay OFW sa kadahilanan na walang tumanggap sa akin sa pinas noong bagong graduate ako,kahit 1 dollar to 10 pesos ang palitan dito pa rin ako dahil ito ang binubuhay ko sa pamilya ko.dapat isipin natin kung ano ang magagawa natin para sa gobyerno hindi kung ano ang magagawa ng gobyerno para sa atin.
    common na bukambibig yan bro.madami nagsasabi nyan lalo ng yong iba na sapat na yong sahod pero nunka, yong bulk ng salary nadadivert sa incentives which is dinaman taxable, been there done that.kaya don ba applicable yang kasabihan nayan?

anyways, the least you can do to your country is by paying your duties/taxes (yong tama, alang halong daya) and being a disciplined citizen
    and for the part of the government, is to provide shelter, work or any related matter sa livelihood sa mga citizens nya.the best is, if possible maZERO ang unemployed para mawala ang mga angal and makontrol ang mga prices ng basic needs ng mga tao.

now back to the topic, didiretsahin kona brod, say yong xchange rate e naging 1:1 and it happened na you are one of those ofw's who just receive $350/month.or sabihin nanatin, na me take home ka na $10K a month, and the rate is 1:1 dikapadin uuwi??ang tanong lang kasi dito ay ano nalang mangyayari sa mga tao sa pinas at sa mga uuwing mga ofw kung ang gobyerno e parelax relax pa sa "appreciation kuno ng peso??so, uuwi mga ofw, ang mangyayari dagdag problema nanaman bukod sa mga alang trabaho sa pinas kasi nga dipa nakaprepare.diba dapat habang "nag aapreciate ang peso" e meron ng mga suggestions kung pano matackle ang ganyang scenario?yon lang naman ang gusto ng post na ito.sa ganitong paraan makkatulong kapa sa gobyerno.kaya diko magets bakit nag aarive tayo sa notion na binibintang sa gobyerno.kesyo bakit malaki ulo ng mga ofw.di po ito para sa mga ofw lang, kundi sa buong pinoy.
    Last edited by VtEC; November 5th, 2007 at 11:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Why do i get the impression that people believe the government should create opportunities for its people?

It is NOT the govt's job to provide opportunities for us. We have to look for opportunities ourselves. We create our own opportunities.

i guess some people do not know where government's responsibility ends, and where an individual's responsibility to himself begins.

The job of our democratic form of government is simply to create an environment where its people can be free to dream and chase those dreams.

How we attain our dreams is our own diskarte. It's our responsibility. Not the government's. Problema na natin yun.

Kung pumalpak ang isang tao sa diskarte nya sa buhay, sarili nya ang dapat sisihin. Hindi ang gobyerno.

Yep... absolutely right, with a population of 98 millions and the competition
    is extremely high, it is not easy for the labor dept to attend the problem although they provide much of it. Kapag iasa natin ang lahat sa gov't, that's
    communism. There's so many ways how we can do/help kahit how much
    you don't like the present gov't, it is still everybody's gov't...some people don't comprehend and some don't want to comprehend...di ba nga past and present gov't open the "floodgates of working outside the country"

'working outside the country"
    Last edited by jeffrocks; November 5th, 2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: lacking

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the govt cant do anything about the weak dollar or strong peso

That's why there are no suggestions.

And there's nothing the govt can do if all OFWs decide to return home

That's why there are no suggestions.

There are a lot of things government cannot do.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    so what is the function of the government then if it cant help the people.ala naman pong pinag kaiba yan sa mga countries na nagkakaroon ng gyera wherein madaming pinoy ang nagtatrabaho.aanounce bigla ng gobyerno meron na silang contingency plan/s kung pano or ano gagawin sa mga apektadong pinoy.yon sana ini expect natin dito, na imbes na mga politiko ang mag isip, unahan na natin.anyways, it's just a scenario, let's just wait and see till it happen.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    the big issue here is: why did the OFWs leave in the first place?

the obvious answer is: we're a nation of 87 million and counting, we don't have well developed industries to absorb all the manpower we have.

now what can the government do if OFWs decide to come back?

a. short-term = nothing, except to promote local investments like go-negosyo, etc and giving SMEs subsidies (very unlikely) or at least bigger tax deductions (nearly impossible).

b. medium-term = match available opportunities with manpower skills, so we won't have too much post grads. we are in dire need of technical/skilled workers.

c. long-term = fix the whole goddamn system. start off with reverting to a mix agriculture/services based economy. this is so much more feasible than pushing for manufacturing.

note: i wanted to type more, but then almost 12am and i'm tired. i'll get back on this once i have free time at work.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    it is ofw prerogative to go and work abroad as they find not much income to support their family when they will work here, the govt has shouldnt be blame in everything but partly they should be in the slow economic growth.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Exchange rates won't drop that drastically without a reason and that abrupt anyway hehehe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
what should the government do when ofw's decides to go home??