New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Well for me (Im an OFW) the government should really not do anything about this just for the OFW's per se. Kasi ke tumaas o bumaba ang dollar work is still there. Buti sana kung may same opportunity ka sa pinas eh di dyan na lang, pano kung wala. What I fear most is when the time the viability of getting OFW's have diminished. so pareho parehas na gutom. As in pag wala ng demand for OFWs from philippines.Well each country siguro would do something about the unemployment of their own citizenry than getting foreigners to work for them. Dyan dapat may gawin ang government, kung papaano lalagyan ng value ang OFW's para kuhanin pa rin ng ibang bansa. I think we are slowly losing our edge because we became complacent. What with all the competition from China, eastern europe, jobs would be very tight. If we want to get out of being an OFW supplier to the world then we should develop ways on how we could compete in the global market and not just rely on remittances to float the economy.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    sure this government cannot do anything. maybe more of disappointed if ever this unlikely possibility happens. for those countries that have some internal problems i.e nigeria, lebanon, pakistan etc our government actions is to ban deployment or repatriate our ofw's.

IMO it is unexpected for any mass exodus of ofw's going home in fact the trend of dollar remittance is increasing. to reverse this is quite dim: look at the students enrolling and studying nursing even some of them are doctors- where are they going five years from now?
    maybe if vast oil fields can be discovered sa 'pinas ibang usapan na yan...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    the replies are much better than on the first page .

i just hope the government will capitalize on the current status of the peso or the depreciation of the $.as ive said, this thread is not meant for ofw's alone but for the entire pinoys.i want to see plans or whatever you want to call them and not just plain comments about ofw's. i just want to know the possible contigency plans if ever this thing happens.nagtatanong lang po, wag naman parang ako pa kontrabida dito .

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    so what is the function of the government then if it cant help the people
    The govt is there to build roads and bridges. The govt is there to maintain peace and order. The govt regulates. That's what the govt does.

The people are given rights by the govt to do their own thing.

The govt is just there to keep the people's actions in check. To make sure that people do not violate other people's rights.

It is human nature that people would do anything to pursue their goals. The govt is there to keep people from hurting each other while pursuing their goals.

That's my idea of govt.

I dont expect the govt to feed me, to house me, educate me, to give me a job, to take care of me when i get sick, to bury me when i die.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I don't expect the government can do anything about that if they decide to go back..... anyway, the government cant do anything about that.... siguro maghahanap na lang ulit ng ibang oppurtunities mga OFW

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
what should the government do when ofw's decides to go home??