New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    been monitoring the trends lately, malakas ang purchases ng condo units and cars ngaun pasko mostly from the most secure industry ngaun, the bpo's.

the real estate agents are offering no big downpayments, bigay ka lang 27K monthly you have a chance to own a 1 bedroom condo at 4M in that posh city in C5. hello, 1 bedroom at 4M. i have fil-chinese friends who bought 2 beds condo there at 1.5-2M cash.

in comparison, some car dealers today like the koreans are offering no downpayments sa mga cars, 27K din puwede ka na mag-uwi ng brand new car.

tsk tsk kakatakot ang mangyayari sa bpo employees 2-3 years from now, mostly ata nag-chip-in sila to buy a single condo for future resale. what i see is baon sa utang over a job that is entirely dependent on outsourcing, not self-sufficiency careers.

ang hindi nila alam once na 2-3 months hindi sila makabayad sa "too good to be true" installment schemes na yan, forfeited lahat ng hinulog nila since day 1 along with the unit they bought.
    well, i guess what you said on the last part is true for all cases, regardless if call center ka nagwo-work, or hinde. sino ba naman ayaw magbayad ng cash to get better deals... nde naman lahat anak/apo ni Henry Sy or ni Lucio Tan... san kamay ng langit naman kukuha ang average pinoy ng 2M? the way i see it, those who invest on cars, condos, kahit long term pa cia, are way better than those na walang initiative to invest.

kahit engineer ka pa, doctor, lawyer e, 2-3 years from now, hindi naman naten masasabing stable ang jobs. kahit mga nagbi-business, we're in the same boat.

just my two cents...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    -syang tunay, all you have said are true...
    - but after all had been said and done, after the ifs and buts, after the crisis... the hardships- na specialty ng mga pinoy
    - PINOY exists!!! "SURVIVOR" ang mga Pinoy!!!
    - ulit lang ng ulit ang cycle taon2...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    the banks have to create loans e

that's how they make money

they wanna turn everyone into a borrower... a debtor
    -yes sir... everyone who is Qualified! kapag hindi, d pwedeng maging "bank debtor"

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hindi ba huge spending = healthy economy? my foreign colleagues say they notice huge changes/improvements everytime they visit Manila.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    I was in BPI early this morning to follow my car loan, upon my conversation with the bank manager i open up a topic regarding credit card holder she confirm to me that almost 30% of their credit holder was in big trouble for non payment of their monthly due's... then another 34% of their client is only paying the interest only... possible that it will happen here in our country..as Gen Miting say's subprime part II will happen here..

Well, that percentage is indeed scary. I know of some people who are into this trouble.....

7202:bruce_lee:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Normally, only the immediate family get gifts for Christmas. Everybody else get a Christmas card or home-cooked food like pansit and lumpia.

What's next after Christmas? We donate older stuff to charity. We already donated a couple of older pc's. We also donated a microwave oven, tv, and recliner all of which date from 1996. We still have toys and clothes to donate after Christmas.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    hindi ba huge spending = healthy economy? my foreign colleagues say they notice huge changes/improvements everytime they visit Manila.

Yes, spending should be encouraged to keep the economy afloat, but should be within his or her own means.....

7202:bruce_lee:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    heavy traffic

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i believe it only serves to facilitate activity in commerce. as to its effect to the economy we can't be certain if huge spending is making the economy healthy, healthier... IMO lang po.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post

Kaya lang there's only 1 rich family who are into cars. OK, make that 2. But the 2nd one is in the neighboring town. He has a lambo allowed to park in front of the local SM moviehouse.
    and a ferrari and a blue bentley. kakandidato daw yung anak sa 2010, ang dami na banner na may picture nya sa lugar namin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What next after christmas (2008)?