Oct 2008
    Pasko na nga...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ubos biyaya...
    bukas nakatunganga

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I was in BPI early this morning to follow my car loan, upon my conversation with the bank manager i open up a topic regarding credit card holder she confirm to me that almost 30% of their credit holder was in big trouble for non payment of their monthly due's... then another 34% of their client is only paying the interest only... possible that it will happen here in our country..as Gen Miting say's subprime part II will happen here..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^just don't abuse your credit card.

i use mine to get gadgets in zero interest-12month-installments and plane e-tickets. i stick to it. i only use it in my grocery, when, in a month i have not been making any purchases at all. i pay my due in full and on time...i spare myself from the penalty/surcharges/and other charges.

what i am saying is, i don't imbibe the culture of credit card reliance, even if sometimes it would mean acquiring goods and pay the same only after 45 days from purchase...it's tempting, esp when i think of it as depositing my cash in the bank and the interest it may earn...on the other hand, it's the attitude/character that you also have to build or develop. it's hard to succumb to consumerism and let the same stay in the system.

i don't spend a lot during the holidays...i haven't even bought Christmas lights. gusto ko ng lights? labas ako ng bahay dala ang laptop ko. Yun Christmas na.
    Last edited by ab_initio; December 19th, 2008 at 12:12 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Some of us Filipinos have this (argueably) disastrous trait as well na gusto lagi magpakasaya sa buhay. Kahit walang na pera, at hirap sa buhay, uutang to celebrate some baptismal/birthday/christmas/new year/fiesta...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Some of us Filipinos have this (argueably) disastrous trait as well na gusto lagi magpakasaya sa buhay. Kahit walang na pera, at hirap sa buhay, uutang to celebrate some baptismal/birthday/christmas/new year/fiesta...
    That's true in many province they make utang talaga for the town fiesta..... after the fiesta...gutom

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    I was in BPI early this morning to follow my car loan, upon my conversation with the bank manager i open up a topic regarding credit card holder she confirm to me that almost 30% of their credit holder was in big trouble for non payment of their monthly due's... then another 34% of their client is only paying the interest only... possible that it will happen here in our country..as Gen Miting say's subprime part II will happen here..
    like i said, papunta tayo sa American way of life

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    like i said, papunta tayo sa American way of life
    maybe because we are so focused on sharing that American dream...even our schools are designed to serve them. our efforts are geared to that...we believe that a good life is attained by being a part of that American dream.
    but the truth is, America is not all that..grisham's street lawyer may be a fiction but many say it's real.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Exempted pala sa crisis most of my friends, relatives, and neighbors. If you can believe it, one of the richest people I know has only 2 pairs of shoes and he goes to work in slippers. His only investment is in cash and local real estate. Nope, not real estate to make money ... just to hoard. Probably wouldn't know what credit cards are, and wouldn't care to anyway.

Bakit kaya sa town namin daming ganoon?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yes I do notice the ton of spam I get from loan companies. Unfortunately for them I am allergic to debt The funny thing is they want to lend to people who frankly don't need a loan...

You should move to my home town. You'd fit right in!

Kaya lang there's only 1 rich family who are into cars. OK, make that 2. But the 2nd one is in the neighboring town. He has a lambo allowed to park in front of the local SM moviehouse.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What next after christmas (2008)?