New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Unleaded gasoline (87) cost $2.83 per gallon at the gas station we go to.

1 gal = 3.79 liters

In Philippine pesos($1=P41):

$2.83/3.79L= P116.03

1L=P30.62

I'm not sure if that's cheaper. What's the price of unleaded gasoline in the Philippines? Also, is there even 87 octane gasoline over there? Most I've read in this forum indicates 89 or better.

**SIGH** I remember when it used to be $1.60/gal when we first moved here (AZ) in 2003.

It's still less than say, England where it just hit $7/gal. Ouch! Hmmm. I feel better already!
    and you all americans complaining that fuel in america is now expensive? that's nothing compared to UK price which is currently * P88.88/lit. for diesel and P84.84/lit. for petrol there's a good thing about UK cars though. my 12-yo 1.7L diesel car is till running at 10.5mile/lit (17km/lit). some newer cars are running * 25~27km/lit.

on of the most expensive thing (aside from living here in UK) are cigarettes. 1 pack (20 sticks) of cigarette here cost at least P480/pack.

one of the cheapest thing in the philippines is parking, most are even free.

Parking rates in cities around the world make even priciest U.S and Canadian cities seem reasonable.

Typical parking rates (Daily / Monthly, in U.S. dollars):

* London, City -- $63.68 per day / $1198.00 per month
    * London, West End -- $63.68 per day / $1162.00 per month

* Tokyo-- $84.20 per day / $702.00 per month
    * Sydney-- $45.83 per day / $688.00 per month
    * Hong Kong-- $25.75 per day / $682.00 per month
    * Midtown Manhattan -- $42 per day / $630.00 per month
    * Moscow-- $50.00 per day / $620.00 per month
    * Zurich-- $32.00 per day / $487.00 per month
    * Paris-- $36.45 per day / $324.00 per month
    * Munich-- $27.00 per day / $314.00 per month
    * Toronto-- $20.00 per day / $301.85 per month
    * Frankfurt-- $20.00 per day / $257.00 per month
    Last edited by explorer; January 28th, 2008 at 09:49 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    I think this is wrong... In other 1st or 2nd world countries like Singapore. Their medicine is cheaper that ours.
    I think India has cheaper medicine than us but not Singapore, I've spent more than 2 years there and tried to avoid sickness due to cost. There's no local botica there except "Watson" and "Guardian" with staff who can't pronounce "Paracetamol" that's why it's difficult to implement generics there. A bottle of Enervon (with 30 less potent tablets) is $7. While we enjoy a PHP150/bottle of more potent capsule-based Enervon here. That's why always pack a lot of Biogesic, Alaxan and Multivitamins every time I go back from PH vacation. It's always a general rule of thumb that in every first world country, health costs are not cheap. Here it's even free sometimes.

There's a lot of things that are inexpensive in the Philippines like SMB, clothing, shoes etc. Food will always be cheap because we produce our own.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    here, human life is cheap.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer View Post
    and you all americans complaining that fuel in america is now expensive?
    We're spoiled. No other reason for it.

Of course, there are states where gas is more expensive like CA for instance. There are also regions where it's even cheaper like the US Midwest.

Yep. I'd say most foodstuff are cheaper in the Philippines. Comparing Fast Food.... a McDonalds (or most fastfoods) combo meal averages $4 -$6 something (~P160-P240). That's why a lot of my good memories about the Philippines are about the food.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medical insurance, business taxes, car repair services (minor and major), traffic fines, license and registration fees.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Midget Prostitute

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer View Post
    one of the cheapest thing in the philippines is parking, most are even free.
    I can't remember the last time I paid for parking. Is that parking downtown or just parking in general? Here, People pay for longterm/shorterm parking at the airport and daily in parts of downtown. Everywhere else, it's free.

There's rarely any reason for us to go downtown except maybe if we have a court case/lawsuit.

I may be wrong on this. But clothes should also cost less in the Philippines
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 28th, 2008 at 01:28 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dagdag lang sa things which we find cheaper here:

cable tv subscription
    pro and amateur basketball game tickets
    mailing and handling fees (for courier and door-to-door delivery)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Almost anything that you can buy in Greenhills,- mura sa Pilipinas vs the US....

Kasama na iyang Greenhills shopping kasi sa itinerary ng mga bisita naming Puti.....

5202:threadmil:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Dagdag lang sa things which we find cheaper here:

cable tv subscription
    I'm curious. How much is various cable packages over there?

Here, Cox Cable has a minimum package of $11 (P451)/mo for 20 channels and I think $40 (P1640)/mo for 71 channels. We have the latter in the master bedroom. But because we also have Cox Cable broadband internet and telephone, we pay $26 (P1066)/mo for the 71 channels cable.

We also have DirectTV/Filipino Channel (includes both ABS and GMA) for the rest of the house (living room, my den, family room/informal dining/kitchen, and my older daughter's bedroom). DirectTV is satellite tv. We pay $111(P4551)/mo. But it has a ton of channels including a number of premium channels plus the 6 channels and 2 radio stations of the Filipino Channel package. It's pretty expensive. But my wife insists on having the Filipino Channel.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 28th, 2008 at 03:27 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What is inexpensive here in the Philippines that is expensive in other countries?