New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?”

Epicurus – Greek philosopher, BC 341-270
    sus pilosopo lang si Epicurus eh

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    What I meant is:

If there is no god, then the theory of evolution must be correct. Now if we all came from apes then we will all be wild up to this point of time. Then so, somewhere along the line there was a "selective" intervention who shaped those apes' behaviors and characters which became men. So the Theory about Ancient Aliens must be true as well?

So this will boil down to if you believe that god exist, you also believe that we all came from Adam and Eve. If you believe that there is no god, do you admit that you came from apes?
    I believe in god and the theory of evolution.

In the beginning there was nothing. And god said let there be light. Boom! Big bang! Tapos na form ang planets. Then nag cool down, yung ibang parts naging lupa. Then nagkaroon ng animals, plants, etc. Evolution. Then came humans.

God (for me) is the energy. Yan lang ang explanation para sa akin na may sense. I was created in his own image. Yes, same energy. Like the insects, planets, everything. God created them too in his own image.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    may warning din sa Bible about being too carried away with faith

"an unthinking person believes everything, but the prudent one thinks before acting"
    Proverbs 14:15

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    I have come to believe that everything in this world has happened by chance and that what has survived in the history of this world is simply due to natural selection.Now,really! What a seed can do is simply a consequence of natural selection and everything a seed does just started out as an accident? After learning more science,one start to wonder if evolution can explain everything,or even just the little things that we see a round us.Indeed,the probability that chemistry and physics combine in just the right way so that a seed will grow into a tree is so infinitesimally small.And that just one form of life.There are many,many others.So,one starts to question the theory of evolution.But,what if evolution is guided( by a Supreme Being ) ?Now,that would explain a lot of things.Inevitably,one starts thinking about religion and its teachings.Eventually,I will become very religious again?---------Eduardo A. Padlan,research physicist at the US National Institute of HEalth

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F-5kpyD4cE]Billy Idol - Plastic Jesus - YouTube[/ame]

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i believe in the theory of evolution. now does that make me not believe in God? No. the theory only proposes (yes, a mere proposition, since it is a theory but a theory that nonetheless is being proven everyday) that the bible account of how man was made was wrong. the bible, after all, was written by men who presented things as their knowledge at the time allowed them to. if they had known about evolution during the time the book of Genesis was written I am sure the story of creation would be totally different.

i believe in the afterlife, no doubt. my daughter proved it to me. 2 days after my father's death he appeared to her during lunch. she was 3 years old, and 3 year olds don't lie or make up stories. she did not even knew what death meant at the time. when i asked what her lolo looked like she said "nakadamit ng parang sa angels". now what better proof do i need to believe? so if there is an afterlife, there must also be a God who gave us souls. otherwise we are only animals.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Spiritual deafness leads to eternal death...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    re evolution, i like the explanation that a reiligion teacher gave us back in college: ano bang malay ng sinaunang tao sa universe, DNA, mutation, etc.? Siyempre the bible would try to explain things in a way that could be understood/accepted at the time.

e.g. "In the beginning there was darkness, and the Lord said Let there be light"

- this could very well be describing gases forming the sun which brought "light" to the universe/solar system("darkness"). Or it could be referring to the Big Bang.

Here's the thing though, science can explain how things evolved, but it can't explain who started it all. i don't believe in coincidences, and i cannot accept that something this complex would be the result of chance.

i believe in God, though most of the time we don't understand God's ways.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    The answers to all your questions is in the Bible, just read and ponder.
    Can't find the answer? Read the bible.

thatisthestupidestreasoningofalltime!

As if naman lahat nandun!

And after a few minutes sure ako may violent reaction.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    I believe in god and the theory of evolution.

In the beginning there was nothing. And god said let there be light. Boom! Big bang! Tapos na form ang planets. Then nag cool down, yung ibang parts naging lupa. Then nagkaroon ng animals, plants, etc. Evolution. Then came humans.

God (for me) is the energy. Yan lang ang explanation para sa akin na may sense. I was created in his own image. Yes, same energy. Like the insects, planets, everything. God created them too in his own image.
    Got any evidence for this theory of yours? Baka nakasulat lang yan sa all-knowing-book-of-all-time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast