^^ add ko pa....

- Texas Instruments
    - Motorola (4K job cuts)
    - Boeing (10k jobs)
    - Philipps
    - SBMA

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It's all over us. Worse, no one knows when all of these will be over....

Our facility in the country recently announced a 40% reduction in HC... Now, that's staring at us in the eye.....

7404:laundry:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    the past few weeks, Intel has been hit. Microsoft has been hit....

Yes, and government officials and employees?..... Hhhhmmmm.....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Yes, and government officials and employees?..... Hhhhmmmm.....

they wont be hit. they are going to be paid because we are paying our taxes.

meron pa...

any excess of the taxes that we are paying go to the government projects coming from loans, which the taxpayers are also paying....

to site:

last year, i paid/deducted around 400k in taxes from employment.
    when i established my business, i paid, lots and lots of fees for the documentations.
    tapos during the end of the year, i was assessed with 2% tax, even though the business has negative profit.
    tapos when i had my first client this year, i had to pay 300k for VAT and around 42000 for income taxes.

and i cannot even enjoy it.... yun ang nakakasama ng loob. tapos nakikita natin sila na ang yayaman.... sheeesh...

sensya na...venting my ire lang....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I understand your situation bro.,- although I do not have the exact experience. These people in the government, get their monthly dough + 'other benefits' and job security while IMO, doing relatively less than most of us...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    NEC (Japan) - 10K job cuts worldwide......

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    At the Laguna Technopark and Carmelray Industrial Park ang dami nang na lay-off. Most of these are contractuals and casuals. Yung mga natitira namang regular employees, either shortened work-week (4 or 5 days a week na lang), partial shut donws, etc.

But here's the crazy part! In the senate and congress, there are 7 pending bills which will severely curtail contractualization. One bill even wants to outlaw it and make it a criminal offense. Sira ulo talaga! How could we be more competitive kung ganyan ang labor policies natin?

The different employer groups are lobbying to block the passage of these bills. But considering that next year is election year, and that these bills will be very popular to the masses, it will be an uphill battle.

Hay naku! Dapat talaga batukan yung mga politicians natin para matauhan.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung Fedex Subic....shutdown na. 800 workers losing their jobs .

Nakakalungkot yung scene sa ANC news kanina......

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    huh?? ang mahal mahal kaya ng rates ng LBC. Mas mura sa FedEx. I've sent laptops, ipods, UPS systems via air. mas mura sa FedEx or 2Go. sa LBC grabe triple yung charge. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Cliff diving

Philippine Exports Decline the Most Ever in December
    Feb. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Philippine exports in December fell nearly twice as much as forecast as the deepening global recession cut orders for electronics and clothing.

Overseas sales dropped 40.4 percent to $2.67 billion, a report by the National Statistics Office said in Manila today, the most since Bloomberg started tracking the data in 1981. The median estimate of 10 economists surveyed by Bloomberg News had been for a 23.9 percent decline

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
What companies/industries are hit by global economic crisis and are laying off?