New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    lakay/apo can be both good or bad...depending on who's point of view
    Oh. Okay.
    Obviously, I'm a little rusty with recent events/people in the Philippines. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    With Taiwan as a flashpoint.... You never know.

Bro.,- maybe. But Taiwan is such a chameleon. And, they have so much investment in mainland China. (while maintaining mistresses there.....). Also, the reason why I stated,- 'in peace time'

5909:burn:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The Western companies can't pull out of China (if they want to be competitive still) since there is no other better alternative of cheap labor, good infrastructure, booming economy (while the US is in a recession which the government denies) in one package that China can only give. Sure there is Vietnam which has even cheaper labor than China, but Vietnam always experiences power shortages their roads sucks, sometimes they don't even have internet access in some areas. China has the bargaining chip, not the West.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The Western companies can't pull out of China (if they want to be competitive still) since there is no other better alternative of cheap labor, good infrastructure, booming economy (while the US is in a recession which the government denies) in one package that China can only give. Sure there is Vietnam which has even cheaper labor than China, but Vietnam always experiences power shortages their roads sucks, sometimes they don't even have internet access in some areas. China has the bargaining chip, not the West.
    Sure there are. The rest of Southeast Asia (including the Philippines) plus India have vast reserves of skilled manpower on tap. I'm sure they'd love nothing more than a spat between the western powers and China and take some of the business away from China. The Philippines may be a question mark for now because of the current situation there. But, if a business-savvy government takes control and makes the country more business-friendly, you never know. I'm one of those who still think the Philippines can get out of its current rut.

Stability is what most corporations want. Obviously, China's authoritarian regime has done a good job keeping the peace. But even China has it's potential flash points like Taiwan, Tibet, and the Muslim-dominated western provinces.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07zmehXVlsY"]YouTube - Silent, Silent Chinese[/ame]

just watch with an open mind and an open heart

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    YouTube - Silent, Silent Chinese

just watch with an open mind and an open heart
    Actually, most if not all, of what's in that video is true. Makes me wonder what'll happen if a Democratic candidate gets elected as the new US President. Democrats are among the most critical of the PROC and The NY Times is their mouthpiece..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Actually, most if not all, of what's in that video is true. Makes me wonder what'll happen if a Democratic candidate gets elected as the new US President. Democrats are among the most critical of the PROC and The NY Times is their mouthpiece..

McCain for President. At the rate Hillary and Barrack are tearing each other apart...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i actually have no a lot of ideas about US politics...maybe when the democrats win,and go super hardline on china, they can "contain" china by intoducing newer strains of virus' :D it makes me wonder sometime how new viruses come out of china all the time just recently when china has existed for so long anyways...doesnt it make you guys think as well? :D one poster even posted that china got rich recently from hardwork(sweatshops) and the west got rich through colonies and exploitation...it was said that britain got it power from the colonization of indai.the jewel in the crown

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Is the West being to hard on China?