New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    China may have all the eggs. But, the western corporations are still the goose. When the goose leaves China, who will lay the eggs? This isn't the Philippines were corporations have free reign. Western corporations will follow whatever their home governments tell them to do. If their government tell them to get out of China, they will comply or else risk the consequences especially when their government has the military muscle to back it up.

It will not work if it will just be a partial pull-out of the world from China. It should be a total pull-out in peace time, because of competition. Highly unlikely in my opinion, but I sincerely hope it happens. I realize that I am being selfish here, but the world has already 'lost' so much livelihood to them....

5808:bee:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    only as recent as hawaii...they went there,occupied,and paraded the last hawaiian monarch on the street in shackles...

here...may nakakalala pa ba ng balangiga massacre? and also the treachery of the american forces against the 1st philippine republic?
    china isnt clean when it comes to records but other western countries specially the US isnt clean either...one thing i can say is that at least,modern china doesnt use "false flag operations" for its interests...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    The creation of the US alone may be considered the biggest ethnic cleansing in history. Remember how they treated the Native Indians, and how they banished them into reservations. Most White Americans are still racist, especially in the deep south. Most Western business analyst were wary of the Chinese economy, thinking their overheateting stock market would cost a major world crises if it burst. Guess who is the cost of Subprime mortgage crises still damging the world economies now...greedy americans.
    The "Taming Of The West" certainly can be considered a shameful time in US history. There certainly were atrocities and massacres from both sides. But disease was still the primary reason why there's so few native Americans. They simply didn't have a defense against Old World diseases. That's why many here are so scared of modern day diseases such as Ebola.

Interesting sidenote though. We live in Apache and Navaho country. Up north in Nevada, it's Paiute country. In fact, my wife's cousins have Paiute blood because of their dad who's a "halfbreed".

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    China may have all the eggs. But, the western corporations are still the goose. When the goose leaves China, who will lay the eggs? This isn't the Philippines were corporations have free reign. Western corporations will follow whatever their home governments tell them to do. If their government tell them to get out of China, they will comply or else risk the consequences especially when their government has the military muscle to back it up.
    necessity is the mother of invention :D kung wala,gagawa sila :D parang yun local automotive industry natin,kung wala,gagawa tayo ng jeepney :P

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

It will not work if it will just be a partial pull-out of the world from China. It should be a total pull-out in peace time, because of competition. Highly unlikely in my opinion, but I sincerely hope it happens. I realize that I am being selfish here, but the world has already 'lost' so much livelihood to them....

5808:bee:
    With Taiwan as a flashpoint.... You never know.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    necessity is the mother of invention :D kung wala,gagawa sila :D parang yun local automotive industry natin,kung wala,gagawa tayo ng jeepney :P
    China was self-sufficient long before they became the manufacturing hub of the world. They've had their own car industry, defense industry, etc for a long time now. Remember, there was NATO. There was the Eastern Bloc. There's People's Republic Of China. 3 distinct spheres of influence.

But being self-sufficient is a far cry from being a superpower.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yes it is :D but its still a big deal to be able to produce something your own :D
    but getting back to the topic...yeah. i guess the western media is just being too biased at times...we must remember the lessons from the marcos era...that not everything that works in the western world will be guarateed to work in another region...tgnan mo nang mawala si apo,naglabasan ang mga tsonggo ngayon at di na tayo umasenso hehe...sayang sana hindi na nawala si lakay,he may not be perfect but at least he knows whats best...the most recent example is iraq...ngayon...sino makapagsasabi na better off sila ngayon kesa nun panahon ni saddam? some regimes are tyranic for a reason. not every regime will change overnight :D

and yes,hypocrit ang madami sa western powers hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yes it is :D but its still a big deal to be able to produce something your own :D
    but getting back to the topic...yeah. i guess the western media is just being too biased at times...we must remember the lessons from the marcos era...that not everything that works in the western world will be guarateed to work in another region...tgnan mo nang mawala si apo,naglabasan ang mga tsonggo ngayon at di na tayo umasenso hehe...sayang sana hindi na nawala si lakay,he may not be perfect but at least he knows whats best...the most recent example is iraq...ngayon...sino makapagsasabi na better off sila ngayon kesa nun panahon ni saddam? some regimes are tyranic for a reason. not every regime will change overnight :D

and yes,hypocrit ang madami sa western powers hehehe
    Who's Lakay and who's Apo? Are they good guys?

Going back to topic..... I still don't see where the article says "Western" powers are involved. It looks like an African matter to me.

Add: If it makes anyone feel better, that matter with China over Tibet barely made the news here. I'd hazard a guess, it's an internal matter for China.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 23rd, 2008 at 06:55 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    only as recent as hawaii...they went there,occupied,and paraded the last hawaiian monarch on the street in shackles...

here...may nakakalala pa ba ng balangiga massacre? and also the treachery of the american forces against the 1st philippine republic?
    china isnt clean when it comes to records but other western countries specially the US isnt clean either...one thing i can say is that at least,modern china doesnt use "false flag operations" for its interests...
    There's still an independence movement in Hawaii. Unfortunately, there are so many immigrants (including Pinoys and Japanese) that any vote for independence will ultimately fail.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    lakay/apo can be both good or bad...depending on who's point of view

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Is the West being to hard on China?