New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    bibigyan ka ng citizenship pero on one condition...

gagawin ka munang bala ng kanyon hahahaha!
    I guess they need some body armor. You know disposable foreigners

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    hehehe, grabe naman ito.. but i think this is a good opportunity, not unless ikaw ang front line nila then no. but if you will work as tactical analyst or some field anaylst okay lang rin hehe =)) kahit nurse para sa mga marines =))

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Trying to figure out what temporary immigrant visa DOD is talking about since there is no such thing, the only ones coming to mind are the employment based L, H, and E visas. However, those are non-immigrant visa based on a petition by the employers and somehow I don't think most US employers would be too happy to be spending thousands of dollars to bring in people only to have DOD undermine them of their staff. If DOD does proceed with this plan the immigration laws would have to be revised to allow for this recruitment.

The DV immigrant visa are for countries who do not have a large immigrant rate to the US. Filipinos already make the yearly quota for each immigrant category so they can't use the DV visa.

As for serving in the military in exchange for citizenship, nothing wrong with it if you really want to be a US citizen. Service members have real good benefits while in active duty and even after retirement. You can get discounted car purchase shipped anywhere you are stationed, free housing, free medical, DOD schools for your children, tuition if you want to go to college, and more. Yes you can be sent to combat but as Empy posted there are lots of jobs in the military that doesn't put you in direct combat situations.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    honga naman, it is not as straightforward as "Die for Uncle Sam" as others may want to believe or make others believe; my brother in law joined the Air Force as a techie guy in maintenance while my bilas was in Human Resources... 100% no combat exposure... :2thumbsup:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    i remember my uncle joined the the US navy, got recruited in subic naval base back in the 90's so this is nothing new.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Want to be an instant US citizen??