The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

[SIZE="3"]Villar won’t file raps against Arroyo[/SIZE]

As I See It
    By Neal Cruz
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 01:02:00 10/02/2009

If and when Sen. Manny Villar becomes president, he will not, he said, file charges against President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. But he would not prevent others from doing so. He would allow the wheels of justice to punish those who need punishing. But he will not interfere to save anybody.

That was what he said, in answer to questions, during the Kapihan sa Manila forum last Monday at the Manila Hotel. I am not an avenger, he said in effect, but I will not coddle the corrupt either.

Asked what would be his priorities in case he becomes president, Villar answered that it would be the economy and jobs. An improved economy and more jobs are important to raise the standard of living in any country, he said. With a higher standard of living, graft and corruption would lessen. People would not steal anymore because they are living well already.

Villar also asked his colleagues in the Senate to end their investigation of the so-called C-5 insertion issue. Villar has been accused by Senators Panfilo Lacson and Jamby Madrigal of inserting another P250-million appropriation in the budget for the construction of the C-5 extension through his property. It has been a year since the investigation began, Villar said, and until now these allegations remain allegations.

Lacson and Madrigal have presented what they claimed were pieces of evidence, but none of them could pin down Villar. Otherwise, the committee, which is composed mostly of Villar’s rivals in the presidential election next year, would have already issued a guilty verdict.

This inquiry has been overstretched already, he said, as part of a bigger effort to disgrace him and ruin his chances in the presidential race.

The C-5 extension project is a real project that is now benefiting thousands of commuters and cargo vehicles every day, 24 hours a day, he said.

Because of the Senate inquiry, Malacañang, in order to distance itself from the controversy, has impounded the budget intended to complete the project.

But this project was envisioned as part of the seamless road connection scheme linking Metro Manila to nearby provinces under then President Ferdinand Marcos. The project had been constructed on a piecemeal basis since then, Villar said.

“To date, we have yet to get anything out of this investigation,” he said. “It only serves as a vehicle for mud-slinging and unproven accusations. There is a limit to everything. Somehow there must be closure, one way or the other.”

One year is too long for an investigation, Villar emphasized. If the evidence is strong, there should already be a committee resolution finding him guilty. But a year-long search for proof is way too long and already unhealthy.

“This project is a much-needed road network, and it is unfair to have it mired in politics,” Villar said. “It is grossly unfair and insensitive for Jamby and Ping to milk this issue at the expense of the affected residents, commuters and communities.”
    Last edited by explorer; October 4th, 2009 at 04:49 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    This is from above which Villar said:

Asked what would be his priorities in case he becomes president, Villar answered that it would be the economy and jobs. An improved economy and more jobs are important to raise the standard of living in any country, he said. With a higher standard of living, graft and corruption would lessen. People would not steal anymore because they are living well already.

-------------------

My response: WHO THE FXXX IS HE KIDDING?!!! The first people who steal from the Filipino people are THEY, the government officials ALREADY LIVING WELL. I would kneel in front of any future president to come up with a way to put the DEATH PENALTY on any CORRUPT official, no matter if he is the highest ranking officer like the president or the lowest one. I believe being elected is a privilege...once you abuse it...you automatically forfeited that privilege. So if you deserve to go to prison...no special treatments nor special rooms/houses nor special food. You eat, live, sleep, and sweat hard like any criminal even if you are the EX-President!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Villar just wants to go off the radar of GMA. Pulitico talaga ang hudas.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    akala mo trapo, totoo akala mo

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    VILLAR: I won’t file raps against Arroyo.

GMA: I won't file raps against Villar for double-charging his land sale in Las Pinas to the government.

QUID PRO QUO lang yan ng mga TRAPO.

Lahat sila kasi may kasalanan sa taong bayan.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hindi iyan iboboto ng mga taga LPC.....

8701:soccer: