New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The state? Crack the whip? We wish.

It takes big money to win elections. And guess where that money comes from?

"You scratch my back, I'll scratch your balls..."

I'm starting to sound like uls...

:hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hahaha

I make you rich, you make me rich

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And yet again survival of the fittest. The strong want to associate with the strong, and leave the weak to bite the dust.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    exactly

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Philippine Star

Business

[SIZE=3]Heat is back on big oil companies[/SIZE]

BIZLINKS By Rey Gamboa

Monday, November 10, 2008

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ *font-face { panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:&quot;&quot;; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:12.0pt;&quot;Times New Roman&quot;; mso-fareast-&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} p.NoParagraphStyle, li.NoParagraphStyle, div.NoParagraphStyle {mso-style-name:&quot;[No Paragraph Style]&quot;; mso-style-parent:&quot;&quot;; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; line-height:120%; text-autospace:none; font-size:12.0pt; mso-fareast-&quot;Times New Roman&quot;; color:black;} *page Section1 {size:12.5in 1547.7pt; margin:.6in 28.45pt .6in 28.45pt;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->
    Being publicly listed, at least Petron, is able to share its bounty with local stockholders and the government, which until now holds 40 percent of the company’s equity.

[SIZE=3]Shell, however, is still unlisted in the local stock market and has managed to elude the deregulation law’s decade-old provision[/SIZE] that requires crude oil refining firms to list in the local bourse. Thus, Cong. Gullas noted that only its foreign-based shareholders get the bulk of the benefits from oil’s price volatility.

The government should punish Shell!!!

Regulators should force Shell to list in PSE.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Though the deregulation law do not require distributors and importers of oil to list in the local bourse, amendments (in the deregulation law)should be introduce to include these oil companies and force them to go public...especially Chevron, Total, Unioil, Seaoil and other oil players.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Independent Power Producers (IPP)should also go public.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Petron, a publicly listed company might be bought (or controlling stake)by San Miguel Corporation (another publicly listed company)from Ashmore (UK).

Well, San Miguel is just bought a big chuck of Meralco from GSIS.

Im not sure if this is good for the public.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    What happen to the privatization of NAPOCOR?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by True Faith View Post
    What happen to the privatization of NAPOCOR?

Well, actually there are rumors going around that some corrupt government officials do not want NAPOCOR privatized because of the commissions that they get from anomalous government contracts (like the purchase of coal from Indonesia)...

Puro talaga buwitre nasa gobyernong bulok na ito..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Utilities Should be Publicly-Listed