New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    the problem lang naman kasi with getting more than what you paid/invested for, mukang nadadala sa pagtanda. like for example, pag naging official na yun tiga-UP either private or public institution, puros demand like you deserve it like a given right.

ok lang yun sulit paminsan-minsan. but not all the time, give and take. try to appreciate the services of the people around you, kahit lugi ka paminsan-minsan. if the agent was very courteous pakainin mo or appreciate him.

ako nga, agent na ang nagbebenta ng kung anu-ano sa'min. ako pa taya minsan sa lunch or dinner meet. i don't mind bec. the long term relationship with the agent also matters.

like in school, if you really care for the welfare of the school and your professors. yun tinaas ng tuition mapupunta din sa kanila and in return will provide better services to you .

wag yun puro kabig. there is danger in that also kasi pag bata ka pa ganyan na mentality mo, what more sa future.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Related news...

Philippine Star

CHED not worried over budget cuts for 21 colleges

By Rainier Allan Ronda
    Updated December 30, 2008 12:00 AM

Commission on Higher Education (CHED) chairman Dr. Emmanuel Angeles III is not worrying over the reported cut on the budget of some 21 state universities and colleges (SUCs) made by the Senate, saying any such move would still be decided in the bicameral budget committee.
    According to Angeles, he had not yet received any official word of a big cut in the budget of certain SUCs.

“I am not aware of it, nasa bicam pa yan (it’s still in the bicam),” Angeles told The STAR in a phone interview.

He, however, [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]admitted that any large cut made in the budget of SUCs would work to the disadvantage of the educational institutions,[/SIZE] [/SIZE]especially in their capacity to improve their faculty and facilities.

[SIZE=4][SIZE=2]“If they have expansion programs to [/SIZE][SIZE=3]accommodate more poor but deserving students, or if they have plans to improve their facilities to raise the quality of instruction, these will need more funding,”[/SIZE][/SIZE] Angeles said, adding if their budget was reduced, the SUCs “cannot expand.”

CHED, he said, cannot step in to help since it has a separate budget with its own allocations.
    “CHED has its own mandate to fulfill,” Angeles said.

Guarded optimism

“We hope the Commission on Higher Education or the SUCs themselves can be given a chance to appeal or argue for the restoration of the slashed amount in the bicameral conference committee,” said Presidential Adviser for Political Affairs Gabriel Claudio, referring to the body composed of representatives from the Senate and the House of Representatives that would reconcile their respective versions of the P1.415-trillion national budget for next year.

Senators, however, increased the subsidies for next year of most government-owned tertiary level schools.

[SIZE=3]The increases range from a low of P634,000 to a high of P362 million. A large number of these schools received an additional P1 million.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The University of the Philippines, the country’s premier state university, received the biggest increase of P362 million from the Senate after its 2009 budget was raised to P6.8 billion or [SIZE=2]equivalent to the combined budgets of 47 state colleges and universities from the Ilocos Region, the Cordilleras, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, all the way down to Southern Tagalog and the Bicol Region[/SIZE].[/SIZE] – Paolo Romero

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It should be noted that napakaraming branches ng UP system and it houses and maintains some of the country's (in effect the government's) facilities such as the DNA lab, the astronomical science facilities, marine research facilities, farms, hospitals etc.

I came from Diliman and it's heaven for me. In the future, gusto ko mga anak ko dun din mag-aral. The 300% tuition increase was surprising though . I studied there because aside from the trees, it's all I can afford then. I sent myself there using my own money, though I still lived with my parents.

Puro kasi magnanakaw nasa gov't kaya ayaw nila gumastos sa education which will in effect, empower the lower class masses which comprises 80% of the country.
    Last edited by Horsepower; December 30th, 2008 at 04:59 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
UP and the SUCs: Anti-Poor???