New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Uncooperative bishops tagged ‘primates’
    A SENIOR Catholic bishop lambasted his colleagues who refused to join him and four other bishops in condemning the Arroyo government, comparing them to “primates” who see, hear and do nothing.

Dagupan-Lingayen Archbishop Oscar Cruz said it is not enough for his fellow prelates who wish to keep silent on political issues to remain inside the “comfort zone” of KBL or “kasal, binyag at libing (weddings, baptisms and burials).”

“With these four primates as their examples, people will experience silence and serenity just like the quiet and stillness in cemeteries, practically the whole year round,” Cruz said.

Cruz and the four bishops earlier called on the people to launch radical moves to change the government. This runs counter to the order of the Vatican that all priests must steer clear of politics and other issues concerning government.

Meanwhile, a senior Catholic bishop said now is not the right time for an impeachment bid against President Macapagal-Arroyo.

Butuan bishop Juan de Dios Pueblos said while there are less than two years before the President’s term ends, any attempt to oust her at this time will disrupt the nation’s efforts to cope with the global financial problems.

“I’m not for GMA, I’d like to be clear with that. But looking at our country, we have to be nationalistic in giving priority for the good of the country,” De Dios Pueblos said.

He said that if CBCP members insist on impeachment and oust-Arroyo moves, they can bring it up at the CBCP assembly in January.
    http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php?...ec=8&aid=77499

---

Ayaw ko magsimba kapag si Cruz ang nasa simbahan.
    Last edited by russpogi; November 6th, 2008 at 04:16 AM. Reason: added quotes...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    well, a pastoral letter is not exactly an Executive Order or a Municipal ordinance. one can choose not to follow it even if they wear the same robes.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Reading this post makes me remember what I learned from Noli Me Tangere. That during that period the "prayles" have a big influence in the government.

Now, i think their influence is not that big anymore but i bet they want to have more influence on the government.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Napaa judgemental naman nitong si Cruz. Just because others don't follow his actions or orders doesn't always mean that they are not doing anything good for the country, or for the church..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Feeling importante si Oscar Cruz et al dahil sa partisan media natin. Dapat sumama na lang sya sa NPA at ituloy ung laban nila sa bundok.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    buti na lang baptist kami
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    mahirap din hindi sumunod sa mga obispo natin, lalo na yun mga hindi pa nakumpilan dyan hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    So much like the medieval inquisitional attitude