New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    he's involvement is beside the point na, inamin na niya yan...what's disturbing is bakit meron wiretapping? akala ko ba before sa garci tapes, eh walang capability ang military? at least yan ang sinasabi nila...and ang isa who orderedthe wiretapping? and who did the wiretapping?

yan ang dapat malaman dahil hinde wala naman national security involve dito?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Lozada says taped talks on JdV funding spliced
    SENATE witness Rodolfo Lozada Jr. yesterday admitted that it was his voice that appeared to be asking for P200,000 from Jose de Venecia III in a wiretapped conversation that is now accessible through the Internet.
    But Lozada said the conversations were spliced in such a way that it would appear he was asking for that much money in exchange for his cooperation in the ongoing Senate inquiry into the multi-million-dollar deal between the government and a Chinese firm for a national broadband network.
    In an interview with Standard Today, Lozada said that former Commission on Elections Chairman Benjamin Abalos Jr. and the Intelligence Service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines were behind the recorded conversations.
    ‘‘I know Abalos and the people at Isafp are behind this wiretapping. They are spying on me and Joey,’’ Lozada said. ‘‘I don’t think I should be the one to be investigated over these conversations. It should be them because wiretapping is illegal. All of the conversations were spliced to fit their own version of the truth.’’
    Lozada was initially hesitant to grant the interview, insinuating that Standard Today had always been critical of his testimony.
    ‘‘Why are you interviewing me? Di ba taga Manila Standard ka?’’ he said.
    When told that the paper only wanted to get his side for fairness, Lozada remarked: ‘‘I think you are a good person, but maybe you’re in the wrong newspaper.’’
    The allegedly wiretapped and spliced conversations between Lozada and De Venecia were all uploaded in the Web site www.patriots4truth.blogspot.com, which is part of an online file sharing network.
    In the recordings, Lozada was allegedly asking for P200,000 a week from De Venecia as petty cash fund.
    ‘‘If I really received that much money weekly from Joey, then I would not be saddled with debt by this time,’’ Lozada said.
    He denied he was selling 15 hectares of land along Roxas Boulevard to the Chinese Embassy as could be heard from the recording.
    ‘‘I think I struck a mother lode here. We’ll put them in the [Cultural Center of the Philippines] Complex. Can you imagine? They will have the same stature as the American Embassy, even better,’’ Lozada was heard as saying in the recorded conversation.
    Lozada explained that he was probably talking about a project for the Philippine Forest Corp., which he previously headed, and not about any property near the Manila Bay area.
    ‘‘If there was mention of 15 hectares, then that was probably a conversation I had when I was still with PhilForest. They just spliced these tapes. All these allegations are not true,’’ he said.
    Lozada’s credibility first came under fire when Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago exposed his alleged anomalous dealings as president of PhilForest.
    Lozada allegedly awarded leasehold rights to at least 10 of his close relatives on 95 hectares of land in Antipolo City under the corporation’s 100-hectare ‘‘Lupang Hinirang’’ project.
    Santiago also questioned Lozada’s P15-million insurance paid for by PhilForest, a charge he quickly admitted but explained that the beneficiary was the corporation and not him directly.
    Apart from the irregular purchase of 35 pure-bred Australian Boer goats worth P325,000, which he admitted when questioned by Santiago, Lozada also reportedly made extravagant use of the corporation’s funds for the purchase of a P1.9-million Toyota Camry 3.5Q and a P1.4-million Toyota Hi-Lux.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Transcript of Lozada-de Venecia Wiretapped Conversation