New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am proud to be a technical school graduate, dyan lang sa Meralco Foundation, hirap kasi kami, 9 na bro and sis.

In demand kasi sa midul ist yung course ko na instrumentation. Dito kasi sa pinas mababa tingin nila sa amin and grabe ang discrimination pag wala kang degree, nag-local na rin ako before, unlike pag sa labas ka and multinational company, they are after sa experience and skills mo. Luckily got a 28 days/28days rotation in an oil and gas company.

SHARING IS CARING.....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Galing! I want to study automotive at Meralco Foundation but I missed the enrollment.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by welscua View Post
    I am proud to be a technical school graduate, dyan lang sa Meralco Foundation, hirap kasi kami, 9 na bro and sis.

In demand kasi sa midul ist yung course ko na instrumentation. Dito kasi sa pinas mababa tingin nila sa amin and grabe ang discrimination pag wala kang degree, nag-local na rin ako before, unlike pag sa labas ka and multinational company, they are after sa experience and skills mo. Luckily got a 28 days/28days rotation in an oil and gas company.

SHARING IS CARING.....

Yes !

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Tuloy ang training at trabaho ng mahigit 40,000 skilled welders from the North kasi baka ituloy ng hanjin yung Shipyard sa Misamis....

Ang daming vocational graduates ang magkakatrabaho...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My first hand experience in school (Diesel and Gasoline mechanics respectively) is that most people wouldnt want to get dirty or lift anything heavy and if ever they do is out of yabang but nothing gets fixed . How can anyone expect any output from this people. There just there for the diploma to get out of the country and work.

You really must have the passion. I have an MBA and bachelors both from De la Salle and yet doing mechanical/engine electronics challenges me and makes my mind and body work. I am not saying I am good but i am very happy with what I am doing. What i always say to my co workers and former classmates is "If you love your job, you dont need to work for the rest of your life".

1000th post na pala (palang)ako and I feel good saying what I just said!!!
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; May 17th, 2008 at 09:21 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What I hate the most are the "Mang Boys" when it comes to cars. hehe. Tapos ayaw naman madumihan ang kamay sa kotse.

Congratulations on your 1000th post! I'm sure you helped a lot of people with your posts (including me at the workshop)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thank You!
    Its a pleasure and honor for me to help, teach and share.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Ganun?

kasi barkada ko M.A. degree holder sa UST and na-admit sa PhD prgram sa Osaka University with scholarship pa.

barkada kong isa M.A. sa UP. natanggap sa graduate program sa Manchester Metropolitan University sa United Kingdom.

Yung isa, fellow sa UCLA pero dito nakatapos.

Mga grad ng ADMU, UP, DLSU at UST accepted sa US ang transcript so puedeng magpursue ng graduate studies. Australia, New Zealand at ASEAN tumatangap ng graduate dito PInas...
    Anyway...baka iba circumstances nya.

Pero pagkaintindi ko depende sa qualification mo not necessary na deficient ang educational system natin...

Those are top 4 Univ grads bro. They comprise a miniscule part of our population. And I think only 1 (if any) of them have a voc-tech program -- more than 1 year pa nga yata. Again, if we try to short cut our voc tech people, reputation natin ang nakasalalay.

If you ask me, kaya mababa ang tingin sa tech grad dito ay dahil doon. Pilit ng pilit na paiksiin ang panahon ng training. IMO, 1 year schooling (to learn how to learn so that the tech grads don't get left behind in the future), 6 months training, and 6 months apprenticeship should do the trick.

Instead ano'ng gusto gawin ng gov't? 6 months -- all in. Matuto man ng tech skills yun, malabong matuto yun kung pano mag-aral at mag english. Paano ngayon kung nagbago ang tech?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Those are top 4 Univ grads bro. They comprise a miniscule part of our population. And I think only 1 (if any) of them have a voc-tech program -- more than 1 year pa nga yata. Again, if we try to short cut our voc tech people, reputation natin ang nakasalalay.

If you ask me, kaya mababa ang tingin sa tech grad dito ay dahil doon. Pilit ng pilit na paiksiin ang panahon ng training. IMO, 1 year schooling (to learn how to learn so that the tech grads don't get left behind in the future), 6 months training, and 6 months apprenticeship should do the trick.

Instead ano'ng gusto gawin ng gov't? 6 months -- all in. Matuto man ng tech skills yun, malabong matuto yun kung pano mag-aral at mag english. Paano ngayon kung nagbago ang tech?

Agree.

pero Don Bosco iba....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    2 yr course lang ako pero mas malaki kinikita ko sa ibang bank managers minsan hehehe

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Technical/Vocational grad in Demand