New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 66bunny View Post
    Here we go. Instead of uniting the country against corruption, silipan na.

Did they ever think that some of our politicans have business on the side just to sustain their "lifestyle of the rich and famous" status?

Di naman lahat galing sa corruption.

It's like there's a written law that any public official isn't allowed more than two vehicles and a house not bigger than a bungalow.

And one of the supposedly military "traitors" in EDSA 1 became a president.

Give the guy a break. And yourself too.
    Business on the side?

So tell me, what business on the side can you do while you are a Lt. in our armed forces?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    usually ang business on the side ng mga Amerikanong Lt. at Sgt. ay gun-running hehehe

hindi ko lang alam dito. pero come to think of it, if a soldier is seeking chaos and war, baka nga gusto nya magkaron ng conflict, which will result in sales of arms. ala Lord of War

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Some active-duty officers in the AFP own security agencies, at least in the mid-90's, when I was still at the PMA. Ang cover nila, consultant lang sila. Some are also entrepreneurs, one classmate I know put up a laundry shop, although he let his close relatives manage it, since he was on a field assignment.

Hindi naman ganun ka-strikto ang AFP, as long as you don't engage in side business during office hours, ok lang sa superior officer mo. Better to go legit than engage in criminal activities.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Galactus, I know... my in-laws are with the Armed Forces too.

I should have rephrased my question... what business on the side can you do while you are a Lt. to enable you to buy a T&C Executive house & 8 cars?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    "let those who have not sinned be the first to cast a stone"...peace bros

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    IMHO, nagkamali na naman tayo sa pag-papa-upo sa katulad ng taong ito.
    Some people need to commit the same mistake more than once to learn.

Also, hindi yata applicable yung...
    "let those who have not sinned be the first to cast a stone."

We are talking about a nation's leader here, not just a somebody on the side.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Tantrums of the demigod

By Antonio J. Montalvan II
    Inquirer
    Last updated 01:05am (Mla time) 07/02/2007

The storyline has always been clear: accusers are no different from the accused. Ours is a politics of personalities who all represent the same socio-economic and political interests. Does anything surprise us? Nothing should. Under our hypocritical political system, anything is possible. A mutineer becomes senator. Lintang Bedol gets kid-gloves treatment for dereliction of duty. Lani Cayetano gets elected as congresswoman. Dato Arroyo gets minted as the latest dynast in his family. The fightingest anti-Marcos Pimentels are now dynasts too like the late dictator's family. And the Binay family is in power eternally. And more of their ilk in the rest of these 7,100 islands.

I may not agree with all that is said. Pero, this statement above; dapat naka-saksak na yan sa isipan nating lahat! Pero, hindi rin naman ako nagulat nung manalo si Trillanes - ganun talaga e. Eventually, matututo rin tayo - matagal pa nga lang.

Most people who voted for Trillanes voted for him not because they knew Trillanes, but because, they hated the president.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sa maikling salita, mahirap i reconcile ang pagiging war freak ni Trillianes sa magiging trabaho nya sa isang consitutitional body like the Senate...I don't buy and believe his idealism because it will never work for him. It's either he becomes a magdalo forever and fight for his cause or he becomes a legitimate figure in the senate and fight for what he again believes in ...within the bounds of the constitution...hindi siya puwedeng maging doble cara..

And one more thing, he's not even a model soldier to start with...
    Last edited by Hanren; July 18th, 2007 at 12:42 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if you will watch "Syriana", one US politician there said

"Corruption is govt. intrustion into market efficiencies in the former regulation. We have laws against it precisely so we can get away with it. Corruption is our protection. Corruption keeps us safe and warm. Corruption is why you and I are prancing around in here instead of fighting over scraps & meat out in the streets. Corruption is WHY WE WIN!"

some words that really struck me.

I've always thought that idealism is just a stage in the development of any individual intelligence. for me, idealists are the less enlightened ones ...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hollywood is just giving us hints on what's happening in the real world. People are just too blind not to acknowledge this.

Someday may magiging V (V for Vendetta) and Preston (Equilibrium) type of heros na papatayin lahat ng corrupt. Sana nga may mala Shooter type din dito satin remember the line "I'm a United States senator.. blah blah" then sabi ni Markymark "Exactly" tapos binaril hahahahaha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Tantrums of the demigod (Trillanes' Tantrums)