New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    pagolf folf lang mga japon... may umbrella girl pa! sa kanila ni caddie wala.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kwento nga dati ng aunt ko, some expats work for only 6 months in a year; ung other 6, pa bandying bandying lang, beach hopping, etc...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ok para sa expats hirap naman para sa locals...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pansin ko nga mga expats dito lang nakaka-afford mag yacht club

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's TRUE.. yung mga officemate ko na expat pag dyan na assigned tuwang tuwa kasi housing allowance nila 70K per month sa Ayala Alabang na sila nakaka kuha ng gaon presyo ng upa.. they live like a king pag andyan sila sa manila.. pag sa own country hirap sila sa ganon life style.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the only problem is that wages is not proportionate to the current economic status of the Phils....as i have told my friends that Phils. is still the best place to live in terms of C.O.L.....i do hope the govt remedies this soon....id love to go back na kasi...there's still no place like home!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :cool: so....anybody want to offer me an expat job over there?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    pagolf folf lang mga japon... may umbrella girl pa! sa kanila ni caddie wala.
    mahal kase sa US, per hour ang bayad and in dollars dito, bigyan mo lang ng 500 petot, ayos na. Magkano lang naman sa yankee yun 500? kulang kulang sa 10$?

Ang maganda is pinoy ka tapos expat ka sa ibang bansa lalo na pag multinational company. what the expats get here, you also have as a filipino expat to the US for example

Quote Originally Posted by marlon22701
    the only problem is that wages is not proportionate to the current economic status of the Phils....
    yup! ang hirap talaga. I've you've been to a plush village or subdivision you see huge houses which cost 30-40 mil, a fleet of cars, a platoon of helpers and drivers... then there are some families cramped in 1 small room in a shanty. although the gov't has programs for the poor(naturally the rich don't need it) but the middle class is somewhat left out hehehe

sometimes you see the low wage in our country as an advantage to lure companies to invest but then the gov't wont give tax breaks(they'll milk the company for money), the power rates are high... tapos haluan mo pa ng rallies and political mumbo-jumbo haaaayyyy.... I still love it here tho, places like tagaytay, baguio, palawan... minsan mas ok na lang na tumira dun at magkaroon ng simpleng buhay hehehe
    Last edited by cardo; November 15th, 2005 at 08:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
SURVEY: Philippines offers lowest living costs for expats