New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    yes we are but we are not part of the ignorant and gullible, at least I know I'm not.

Unfortunately, it's the ignorant and gullible who are the majority of the voting population.

that's alot of self righteousness on your shoulder.

:fly:

Edit careful hernia I hear is very painful. :spider:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    there's no sense educating the one's who like to become ignorant for life. for them it's a virtue.

I guess, I too should give up(on you) then.

Last edited by GasJunkie; March 13th, 2007 at 12:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post

Why? What's wrong with airing your opinion on the kind of voting public we have?

effect much???

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie View Post
    that's alot of self righteousness on your shoulder.

Edit careful hernia I hear is very painful. :spider:
    naaaah, I'm not being self righteous.

I'm just calling it the way I see it.

Re: Hernia, that's what I heard too.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie View Post
    I guess, I too should give up(on you) then.

i appreciate the concern but that's one(me) less for you to have sleepless nights with. direct your sympathy elsewhere ... dami naman dyan

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Huh??? who told you I did???

edit It just flew over your head. try harder....

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Is this the reason democracy can't work? Study find humans are too dumb to pick the right person to lead us | Mail Online

Is this the reason democracy can't work? Study find humans are too dumb to pick the right person to lead us

By Leon Watson
    Last updated at 9:46 PM on 29th February 2012

It's a study that would have been music to the ears of Hitler, Stalin and the rest of the 20th century's brutal dictators.

But it may make uncomfortable reading for the rest of us.

Scientists have suggested the theory of democracy has an unfortunate flaw - that most of the public are just too stupid to pick the right candidate

According to the theory, the democratic process relies on the assumption that a majority of citizens recognise the best political candidate, or best policy idea, when they see it.

But a growing body of research has implied that democratic elections produce mediocre leadership and policies.

Research led by Professor David Dunning, a psychologist at Cornell University, shows incompetent people are inherently unable to judge the competence of other people, or the quality of those people's ideas...

Prof Dunning said: 'Very smart ideas are going to be hard for people to adopt, because most people don't have the sophistication to recognise how good an idea is.'
    Dr Mato Nagel, a sociologist in Germany, recently implemented Prof Dunning and Prof Kruger's theories by computer-simulating a democratic election...

When such an election was simulated, candidates whose leadership skills were only slightly better than average always won.

Dr Nagel concluded that democracies rarely or never elect the best leaders.

Their advantage over dictatorships or other forms of government is merely that they 'effectively prevent lower-than-average candidates from becoming leaders.
    :whoa:
    Last edited by donbuggy; March 3rd, 2012 at 07:14 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    democracy is the tyranny of the mob
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No surprises.

Elections are not a selection of the best leaders. They are a selection of the most popular leaders with the best taglines. Nothing more... nothing less.

-

Is Obama a better choice than Hillary Clinton? Obviously not. Hillary has more experience, more intelligence and better credentials. But people don't like her. So they picked Obama.

Is the Democratic Party better than the Republican Party? It's arguable. Both are beholden to corporate sponsors and contributors. The Republicans waste a lot in uncollected revenues by giving breaks to wealthy industrialists. Democrats try to push agendas that waste money on state programs. In a country that was sick of oil wars, the Republicans weren't going to win. So even if Obama's opponent was more experienced and more qualified, Obama was always going to win.

-

Locally... look at who people put into office. Children of politicians. Career politicians. Actors. Newscasters. All based on popularity, nothing more.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    in a democracy, people (i.e. the masa) get what they deserve.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Suffrage plus democracy equals POVERTY!