New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Although the Philippine Constitution states a separation of church and state I don't see it present in government. I recall when I went to college in the Philippines and I would be required to go to immigration and the place had quotes from the bible all over the place. That should not be permitted if there is true separation between church and state. Remember not all Filipinos are Catholics or Christians for that matter.
    I agree. I would even go further and state that not all people belong to any religion. The right to believe and worship carries with it the right to disbelieve. Paano naman kaming mga atheists? hehehehe.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    well the simple rule is(if you believe in God coz i do): God owns your arse, but the church doesn't. hence, God decides what the fate of nations will be. fact from the bible: God owns israel yet israel fell plenty of times. why? coz israel was wicked so it just suits them. in the same way, people got greedy with their wallets so in turn, they get facepalmed by their own wallet. hypocrites trick people, no0ne is trusting them(maybe except for a few)
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Although the Philippine Constitution states a separation of church and state I don't see it present in government. I recall when I went to college in the Philippines and I would be required to go to immigration and the place had quotes from the bible all over the place. That should not be permitted if there is true separation between church and state. Remember not all Filipinos are Catholics or Christians for that matter.
    actually sir, if we are really to take notice of all these bible passages, our constitution can sue our constitution for this matter: imagine sa preamble pa lang

"[SIZE=2]
    We, the sovereign Filipino people, imploring the aid of Almighty God, in order to build a just and humane society and establish a Government that shall embody our ideals and aspirations, promote the common good, conserve and develop our patrimony, and secure to ourselves and our posterity the blessings of independence and democracy under the rule of law and a regime of truth, justice, freedom, love, equality, and peace, do ordain and promulgate this Constitution. "

but we're not doing that bec. we're not an atheistic society.
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    God has nothing to do with the the Church per se.

Well... the Church is dedicated to the organized worship of God, but the use of the term "God" in the Constitution does not name a specific aspect of God or religion. If it were Yahweh, Jehovah or Allah written there, then that'd be something.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Separation of STATE and CHURCH...in theory yes but in practice its another thing.

The 300+ years of Spanish colonial rule still persists and had not been undone by 50 years of American occupation.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And yes this church intervention into governance is I think one reason for poverty. Let's face it the country just cannot create as much and as fast jobs and resources as fast as people here are giving birth. That leads to poverty and the so-called "UNEVEN DISTRIBUTION" of wealth.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Separation of church and state is ideal, but can't be as there will be areas where they interact with each other. And in some cases, they have opposite opinions or directions and the people are naturally divided.

6909:seehearspeak:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    And yes this church intervention into governance is I think one reason for poverty. Let's face it the country just cannot create as much and as fast jobs and resources as fast as people here are giving birth. That leads to poverty and the so-called "UNEVEN DISTRIBUTION" of wealth.

although all roads seem to pinpoint to the Church's policy on birth control as the major cause of population boom here, i dont like to blame our Chruch for that matter.

hindi lang naman tayo ang Catholic nation sa mundo, there are others like Spain, Italy, Iceland etc. but do they experience this population boom?

if you ask me, talagang mahilig lang talaga ang pinoy and they like to blame the church to justify their uncontrolled appetite.

much of the population boom here in our country are concentrated on those below the poverty line or more particularly those street kids (whether here in the Metro and provinces) whom i believe were never baptized nor received communion, and also were never educated the Catholic way.

tingin ko pareho lang sila ng mga tao sa "godless" Africa, tag-gutom pero gawa ng gawa ng anak.

so we should stop this idea, that the Church is the one to blame. if not for the Church, this country will never be stable at least in the spiritual aspect. even in isolated areas in our country where there is hardly a 100% local govt. functioning, kahit papano a makeshift church is there.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    God has nothing to do with the the Church per se.

Well... the Church is dedicated to the organized worship of God, but the use of the term "God" in the Constitution does not name a specific aspect of God or religion. If it were Yahweh, Jehovah or Allah written there, then that'd be something.

although i like to believe it that way sir, that the term God in our constitution is a general god regardless of the many religions that we have here, i think otherwise. this argument is best left on those who like to argue about equality in religions or non-religions and all that new age stuff.

we have realize that the original authors of our constitution are from a Catholic Christian background and our country itself, is a predominantly Christian nation. hence, whether we like it or not, as citizens of this nation, we are "influenced" by our own major religion. kaya nga even in courts or inductions, we swear by God.

================

there is seperation of Church and State and this has been written in our constitution. if at times, we are inclined to believe that there is no seperation when the Church meddles into state affairs or the State meddles into our religious beliefs. then tayo ang problema. kasi we are not following the constitution to the letter. pilit natin pinapaniwalaan na there is no boundary line.

but actually there is, if we will just follow the constitution and dismiss these events as just acts of freedom of expression, nothing more.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    POPULATION BOOM.....give these people jobs...so that they will be busy and at the same time have money to spend for other things....di lang puro *** naiisip at gawing past time.

It is now becoming a cycle of no jobs...resulting in poverty...more offsprings....no good education....hard to find jobs....poverty...on and on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
The State and the church