New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Will you vote for the administration bet, Gibo?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 53.49%
  • No

34 39.53%
  • Undecided

6 6.98%
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    I hope you guys were able to watch GMA7's Kandidato show last night. If not, try finding it on youtube later this week. I doubt if any other presidential candidate can match Teodoro when it comes to being specific and making sense.

He's the right guy to fill in the Presidency for this time. He knows what to do and is ready to start from day one. I don't really understand why others don't see this.

Please, to all the doubters, take time and watch forums, interviews, and the likes to see what this man can offer to the country.
    At the end of the day, he will only protect GMA and those in cahoots with her from prosecution against corruption and injustice. The people are asking for justice and not just economic prosperity.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    although i'm for gordon, i've heard a lot of good things about gibo specifically the way he answers questions straight to the point. and the only time i was able to watch him answer a question live is probably the only time i've heard a non-trapo answer.
    Gibo & Gordon are lawyers... They should be good enough to answer tough questions... I like Gordon more, he can talk like a statesman and be very very frank to the point he can tell you your tamad.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Money us NOT the root of all evil. Those Pedophile catholic priests who abused children did not have money as their motives, for example.
    Hehehe. Which is a regular thing with these priests.
    Sending their children to orphanages for convenience.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Gibo & Gordon are lawyers... They should be good enough to answer tough questions... I like Gordon more, he can talk like a statesman and be very very frank to the point he can tell you your tamad.
    Presidential election is not debating tournament or moot court. Leaders should also be credible and must have charm to inspire people. It seems Gordon lacks the second one, to my mind.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    tbh, Marcos really did deserve a proper burial. It's only because of the self interest and inability to move on by some group of people that he still isn't buried. Typical hypocrites.
    I also think he deserve to be buried as a army captain or private if his family wishes.
    With a simple burial stone. Tama na iyon. But let us release his military records first.
    As a former President he should be entitled to a state funeral.

I just don't know how he became a captain while my grand dad fought as a third lieutenant,
    earned combat promotion to 2nd lieutenant in Bataan.
    Last edited by mark_t; March 5th, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    At the end of the day, he will only protect GMA and those in cahoots with her from prosecution against corruption and injustice. The people are asking for justice and not just economic prosperity.
    Prosecuting and even conviction of a plundering President, apparently did not help solve the corruption. How will the prosecution of GMA be any different?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Presidential election is not debating tournament or moot court. Leaders should also be credible and must have charm to inspire people. It seems Gordon lacks the second one, to my mind.
    Erap was credible and charming to the masa. He inspired us with "walang kamaganak, walang kaibigan" But what did he do? He remained lazy, drunk and let minions rule.

What will happen if we vote a similarly incompetent president with a lot of "charisma and credibility"? Do you think that person will suddenly become energetic and competent?

I don't think so.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider View Post
    Prosecuting and even conviction of a plundering President, apparently did not help solve the corruption. How will the prosecution of GMA be any different?
    Because the people should see that GMA should be imprisoned not only placed in a house arrest. That is the problem of giving special treatment to rich and powerful criminals. If Arroyo can get away with this, it is just instilling into the minds of every Filipino that robbing the people is just okay and one is even rewarded if he or she robs billions. It is not really a solution to corruption but a lesson against those corrupt officials, it is a lesson in simple value formation and good manners and right conduct.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider View Post
    Erap was credible and charming to the masa. He inspired us with "walang kamaganak, walang kaibigan" But what did he do? He remained lazy, drunk and let minions rule.

What will happen if we vote a similarly incompetent president with a lot of "charisma and credibility"? Do you think that person will suddenly become energetic and competent?

I don't think so.
    The problem with your premise is you're making a false assumption that a person is incompetent. Everyone is competent, it is his values that would be determinative of whether he or she would do good for the country. Gibo has no strong values that would satisfy me as a voter because he himself betrayed the party that led him to the corridors of power. He is a subtle power grabber no different from GMA. As long as opportunity would give him the upperhand, he would abandon those who helped him.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hmmm difficult to reconcile this with the success of olongapo and attitude of its locals. tsk tsk

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
So why Gibo?