New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Should political election survey results be banned from going public?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ok to let survey results to be known

10 43.48%
  • Better to let survey results stay hidden

12 52.17%
  • No opinion

1 4.35%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Another survey has Gibo leading this time:

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=67

Funny. Different surveys, different results. Oh well....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^not really, it's a fly by night survey firm, nasaan yun iba nilang survey though the years? nasaan sila yun mga past elections or the least last election?

it's a political gimmick for the tailenders, para ma discredit yun result ng dalawang leading survey firms (SWS and Pulse Asia).
    Last edited by shadow; May 1st, 2010 at 09:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Perhaps. That's why any entity conducting election-related surveys and publishing the results for public consumption should be required to disclose their methods and the people commissioning said surveys.

To reiterate, I do not want surveys or the publication of their results banned. I just want full disclosure. I'm with Altis6453 on this one.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009

http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php/...w-surveys.html

TWO top survey firms – Pulse Asia and Social Weather Stations – are packed with relatives of Sen. Noynoy Aquino, casting doubt on the credibility of the surveys conducted by the two agencies.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    As long as there will be an established watch dog to determine if the surveys are indeed scientific and not rigged. Filipinos still vote for their preference, only a few are "strategic" voters, (those who vote according to trends).

I for one is a combination of strategic/conscience voter. I usually have 2-3 preference for president but decide later based on what I see and hear in the media and surveys. Bandwagon effect is really part of the campaign dynamics, you can never really count that out.

My top 3 choices for President are as follows Aquino, Teodoro and Gordon. But since the imminent risk/threat of another Erap or worse Villar presidency is very likely, I'd sacrifice conscience vote to favor Strategic vote.

Aquino is my strategic vote
    Gibo is my conscience vote
    Gordon if I only use my mind and analyze the credentials

In the end, the right to information is universal and absolute. Surveys are information too. How you use or interpret it is another thing.
    Last edited by daimengrui; May 4th, 2010 at 03:06 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MANILA, Philippines—A Quezon City court has denied Bagumbayan standard-bearer Sen. Richard Gordon’s petition for a temporary restraining order against two polling firms conducting pre-election surveys.
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...-polling-firms

As usual another FAIL! for Gordon...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    By the way, this shows the SWS and Pulse surveys have been dead accurate as far as the results of the survey and the partial results we are getting from TV right now as being read by Comelec at the PICC in Pasay...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1000, meron pa kayang mag question ng result nila next time?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Si Gordon..........

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Nagtataka nga ako dun sa exit polls nung supporter ni Gordon-Bayani, yung kulelat pa rin ang nangunguna. Fantasy world yata! Hahaha

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Should political election survey results be banned from going public?