New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Should political election survey results be banned from going public?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ok to let survey results to be known

10 43.48%
  • Better to let survey results stay hidden

12 52.17%
  • No opinion

1 4.35%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    nope! whiner lang at sore loser ang ayaw magpalabas ng survey result or kulelat, if that said candidate is leading, I'm sure hinde lalabas ang issue sa survey results.

based on the results of the top survey firms, wala pa naman nag contradiction sa results nila eh.

leading pa rin mga leading, kulelat pa rin ang mga kulelat.
    Parang si Sen. Gordon, angal ng angal sa mga surveys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    the question is why should they be banned? so what's wrong if it influences people? Last time I checked we live in a democratic country right?
    bec some candidate is a perennial tailender....

so blame everything else except himself.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Has anyone here participated in any of the surveys from SWS, Pulse Asia, etc? Or anyone you knew have participated?
    a good question to ask:
    - were you surveyed?
    - do you know or seen anyone anyone been surveyed? except from TV ads and other means of media....
    - as to whom did they conducted the survey(s)?
    - what means of livelihood did they surveyed? why?
    - where do they conduct survey?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Surveys may be to serve as also the guideline on how the candidate is doing good in his campaign
    Let not be, the survey, serve as the guideline on whom to vote, do not let be disctated on the survey nor dont vote for a candidate kung sino ang sikat, laging no. 1 sa survey at laging napapanood sa tv, but instead, vote for a candidate whom you believe that will uplift our country and will help resolve our countries conflict immediately.... it is your country, it is our country, it is the country of all our children(s), choose and vote wisely....

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Surveys may be to serve as also the guideline on how the candidate is doing good in his campaign
    Let not be, the survey, serve as the guideline on whom to vote, do not let be disctated on the survey nor dont vote for a candidate kung sino ang sikat, laging no. 1 sa survey at laging napapanood sa tv, but instead, vote for a candidate whom you believe that will uplift our country and will help resolve our countries conflict immediately.... it is your country, it is our country, it is the country of all our children(s), choose and vote wisely....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    double post
    my apology

ikaw ang Simula sa Pagbabago
    VOTE Wisely Pinoy

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Just in: http://ph.news.yahoo.com/gma/2010042...t-d6cd5cf.html

Key point:

"Such unjustified secrecy lends credence to suspicions that the surveys do not measure public opinion but are in fact being used to manufacture and manipulate public opinion in order to create synthetic support for certain candidates at the expense of other candidates whose real strength is deliberately downgraded, if not downright ignored, by the survey," he said.

Tatad has a very valid point that there really is a need for full disclosure!

According to the article, even the Comelec itself admits that surveys may unnecessarily sway the vote f the electorate.

And this is true! I've been lurking in a couple of sites that tackle this current election and looking at comments made by posters, a prevailing theme is

"my candidate is XXX but as he's not [doing good/progressing] in the surveys, I'll just vote YYY because I don't like ZZZ to win."

The funny thing is that a lot of the XXX is either Gibo or Gordon, while the YYY is Noynoy if ZZZ is Villar, or YYY is Villar if ZZZ is Noynoy.

So yes, the surveys can be thought of conditioning the minds of a lot of the electorate unless a full disclosure of the processes, including the principals who commissioned it, is made.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh come on....who has the biggest money to spend? si Villar diba, then dapat siya na lagi ang number one sa surveys...bakit hinde ganun ang nangyayari?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    So far, the surveys I've seen are pretty credible. Only the pretentious tail-enders lang naman ang nagre-reklamo, nananginip kasing manalo. Pag nag-top si Acosta or si Perlas, then that's the time to complain about inaccuracy...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    [SIZE=4]Forbid surveys during election [/SIZE]

By Ramon Tulfo
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 23:14:00 04/23/2010

I’ve asked hundreds of people who they think is the most qualified presidential candidate based on experience, competence, intelligence and integrity. Most of them said Dick Gordon.
    But most said they will not vote for Gordon because he’s a tailender in the popularity surveys.
    It’s a pity Filipino voters select their candidates based on “winnability,” popularity or money, and not on principle.
    That’s the reason why we should never complain about our government.
    We deserve what we get.

Let’s do away with popularity surveys during the election season, or at least during the campaign period.
    True, it’s unconstitutional to prevent the publication of survey results because that would be violating the freedom of the press.
    But publishing survey results is also undemocratic as it tends to influence the great mass of naïve voters.
    If discussing the merits of a criminal or civil case in public is prohibited by the courts as it might influence the decision of the judge hearing the case, why can’t we do the same with the results of popularity surveys?
    If judges, supposedly men and women of letters, could be influenced by the discussion of the pros and cons of a criminal or civil case in media, more so the ignorant voters who are easily swayed.
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...uring-election

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Should political election survey results be banned from going public?