New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dnomyar View Post
    the farmer beneficiaries cannot by law sell nor mortgage the lands awarded to them within the prescriptive period of 10 years from the time it was awarded to them. so, in order to make agrarian reform to work, the government should support the farmers by providing capital to make their respective land productive. likewise, support does not only mean providing capital but also technology transfer by mobilizing farm technicians, who will train and guide the beneficiaries on scientific farming and other agricultural pursuits. In Taiwan, agrarian reform was successful because of government support from providing land, capital and assistance in harvesting and marketing of their produce. But, it's easier said than done, it still boils down to individual discipline and genuine government intervention to make land reform really work. hope springs eternal!
    knowing how 'creative' some squatters are...i won't be surprised if the farmers will 'sell' their piece of land's 'rights' to other fellow farmers at a bargain price even just a few months after they received their land titles...in that way they can get away with that 10-year minimum period before they can officially sell their lands.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    anong trabaho dapat gawin ni Pnoy? it's a problem between a private company and the SC...ang dapat tanong anong gagawin ng HLI?

bebenta din ng mga beneficiaries mga lupa nila. ano naman gagawin nila ang liit na, binasag na nila...and they also need to pay back yun utang ng HLI sa SMB daw na 2B since sila na may ari...

mga simple minded lang ang tingin na nanalo yun mga beneficiaries...in the long run they are the losers.
    it is obvious that jansky has no clue what agrarian reform program is all about...akala nya libre ipamimigay ang lupa. i bet that he doesn't also know what the economies of scale means to the success of the agriculture. say to say most farmers don't also know what economies of scale is.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Wala ring mangyayari sa mga beneficiaries na yan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ha-ha! alanghiya....marami pala sa kanila, walang perang pambili ng lupa.
    gusto nila....libre na.
    ano sila....HILO?

'kala nyo ha.....

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/nat...e-luisita-free

Luisita farmers, hiling kay PNoy na ibigay na lang ang lupa

Ang kinikita ngayon ng mga magsasakang ito sa Hacienda Luisita, P75 sa bawat 1,000 tubo na kanilang maani.

Marami sa kanila ang hindi na diumano narasanan ang maging bata dahil napilitan nang sumunod sa yapak ng mga magulang na maging manggagawa ng azucarera.

Sabi nila hindi nila alam kung matutuwa sila sa naging desisyon ng Korte Suprema.

Ang planong sistema, bibilhin ng gobyerno sa Hacienda Luisita ang 5,000 ektaryang ipinamamahagi ng Korte Suprema. Bibilin naman ng mga magsasaka ang lupa sa gobyerno at babayaran sa loob ng 30 taon alinsunod sa Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Law.

“Sa atin pong Pangulo, kung ipamimigay po ang lupa dapat po libre na para ‘yung mga tao wala naman pong pambayad,” ani Rodrigo Galang, magsasaka sa Hacienda Luisita.

Pakiramdam tuloy ni Aling Arsenia, mas napasama ang nangyari sa kanila kaysa sa stock distribution option na inaalok sa kanila noon ng hacienda.

“Gusto namin ang share para may 13th month, may bonus, may trabaho ka pa. May service bonus pa iyon,” sabi ni Aling Arsenia.

Ayon sa tagapagsalita ng Luisita, nag-iisip na sila kung magsasampa ng motion for reconsideration pero hindi raw para baligtarin ang naging desisyon ng Korte Suprema kundi marahil ay para raw linawin lamang kung ilan ba talaga ang makikinabang at ang kasiguruhan na mabibigyan ng tamang kompensasyon ang mga may-ari ng hacienda na mawawalan ng lupa.

Wala naman daw kasi sa batas ng land reform na ipinamamahagi nang libre ang anumang lupa.

“Sa lahat ng agrarian reform o land reform sa ngayon, kinakailangan magbabayad ang magsasaka dahil ang umiiral nating sistema, hindi namain confiscatory,” Atty. Antonio Ligon, tagapagsalita ng Luisita.

Pero naniniwala ang ilang militanteng kongresista na nasa kamay ni Pangulong Aquino kung pagbabayarin pa niya ang mga magsasaka lalo’t matagal na panahon naman na nilang napakinabangan ang lupa.
    Ron Gagalac, Patrol ng Pilipino

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ mga utak skwater talaga...I heard that each farmer would get around 700 sqm. I doubt that size of land can be profitable. If those farmers can form a cooperative, baka pwede pa. But knowing how philippine cooperatives end up due to politics and infighting.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yari, afer all the deaths ng kanilang mag kasamahan fighting for it, ngayon kala nila nanalo na...alat pala

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hahahaha gusto libre? Intindihin kasi nila muna bago magpauto sa mga leftist...doon sila humingi ng pera pangbayad sa mga leftist

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    If those farmers can form a cooperative, baka pwede pa. But knowing how philippine cooperatives end up due to politics and infighting.
    6,000+ farmers, then they'll form around 3,000 cooperatives.

I do hope that something can be done to really uplift the lives of the farmers for good and contribute to the productivity of the land. With what we see and the gut feel i have, its going to be a long, though job to do that.

The long history of these haciendas actually began well based on what I've read before. The first generation haciendero had good relations with his farmers, he provided what was needed and the take was well enough for all parties. As the old man would die, his kids and grandkids, who grew up away from the people and studied at abroad would implement more capitalistic practices and this would this lead to the downturn of the relations and eventual uprisings against the landlords and the feudal system (this would then lead to the formation of the Huks if i recall it correctly).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    6,000+ farmers, then they'll form around 3,000 cooperatives.

I do hope that something can be done to really uplift the lives of the farmers for good and contribute to the productivity of the land. With what we see and the gut feel i have, its going to be a long, though job to do that.

The long history of these haciendas actually began well based on what I've read before. The first generation haciendero had good relations with his farmers, he provided what was needed and the take was well enough for all parties. As the old man would die, his kids and grandkids, who grew up away from the people and studied at abroad would implement more capitalistic practices and this would this lead to the downturn of the relations and eventual uprisings against the landlords and the feudal system (this would then lead to the formation of the Huks if i recall it correctly).
    you can't achieve productivity in any thing if they are split or broken into pieces. that's the reality of productivity. even in big corporations that are managed by professional managers, getting productivity is a challenge if there is no systems and procedures in place. even if the people are skilled and experienced, productivity requires proper coordination and that's where systems and procedures and skillful managers are required. you think these farmers can cooperate and agree to create a coop with leaders to manage them? if they can't agree with the Conjangcos to manage them, why can they with their fellow farmers?

even if each farmers are given 2 hectares each, it won't be enough to uplift their living. 0.7 hectar without irrigation is something no experienced farmer in his right mind would spend money on fertilizer to cultivate the land because he will end up losing money. if the land is well irrigated and has a continuous water supply for the whole year, then they could probably get something from it...but i suspect if they are 10 in the family, their rice output will probably be 'just enough' for their yearly consumption...that is based on experience from a family of rice farmers myself.

also, if the lands are distributed to farmers, obviously some lands won't have access to roads or irrigation. even if they have access to roads and irrigations, if water supply is not enough to irrigate all lands...these farmers will end up killing each other. i've seen it happened in my town where there are only less than 30 farmers (covered by their self-made irrigation) wanted a water supply to their farms on a certain day...with 6000 farmers...then good luck to them.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    actually, some of the interviewed people in the hacienda would rather have the status quo since they will lose some of the benefits that they are enjoying, like 13th-month pay, christmas bonus, etc

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
SC order distribution of Hacienda LUisita