New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Who placed them there in the first place (politicians)?

Filipinos...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i think the thread starter missed on some minor details on his San Mig in can story.

those 337 ml SAn Mig in can (the normal sized can in the Phils) is still manufactured in our country.

the one from Thailand is actually a 500ml variant.

hindi lahat ng San Mig in cans natin ay imported from Thailand. hinde natin alam, baka ipinasok lang yan ng SMB sa Pinas para malaman kung kakagatin ng Pinoy yung ganung kalaking beer in can. tapos pag OK pala eh ganyan na din yung manufacture nila dito sa atin.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    but it still doesnt alter the fact that the Philippines is not a fun place to operate a manufacturing facility.

More companies have shut down their factories here than new ones are put up.

The ones that are still operating arent expanding... they are even downsizing.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    i think the thread starter missed on some minor details on his San Mig in can story.

those 337 ml SAn Mig in can (the normal sized can in the Phils) is still manufactured in our country.

the one from Thailand is actually a 500ml variant.

hindi lahat ng San Mig in cans natin ay imported from Thailand. hinde natin alam, baka ipinasok lang yan ng SMB sa Pinas para malaman kung kakagatin ng Pinoy yung ganung kalaking beer in can. tapos pag OK pala eh ganyan na din yung manufacture nila dito sa atin.
    Yeah , maybe that's how they plan it to be... Im just appaled that Im seeing less and less "Made in the Philippines" Seal around.

I just came from Raon where dealers were telling me that the Crown brand of speakers were now China instead of the Locally made ones before.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tumataas na ang sweldo ng trabahador sa pinas kaya ang malalaking company are sourcing out cheaper labor fee... maarte pa ang trabahador na pinoy meron welga meron strike pano gaganahan ang big company to invest...

there's one japanese based company in luisita tarlac, i think it is sanyo, wherein when the workers demonstrate a stike, and rebel the company the company will close down.

i think i will agree with that idea, kung makatao naman nag pamamahala ng boss, sapat na pasahod at naaangkop na gawain ang ipapagawa na mga manggagawa... minsan kasi andaming hinihingi ng mangagawa dahil sa udyok ng kasama, udyok ng kaibigan, di nila isiping mas mabuting magtrabaho kesa alang sweldo...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tumataas na ang sweldo ng trabahador sa pinas kaya ang malalaking company are sourcing out cheaper labor fee... maarte pa ang trabahador na pinoy meron welga meron strike pano gaganahan ang big company to invest...

there's one japanese based company in luisita tarlac, i think it is sanyo, wherein when the workers demonstrate a stike, and rebel the company the company will close down.

i think i will agree with that idea, kung makatao naman nag pamamahala ng boss, sapat na pasahod at naaangkop na gawain ang ipapagawa na mga manggagawa... minsan kasi andaming hinihingi ng mangagawa dahil sa udyok ng kasama, udyok ng kaibigan, di nila isiping mas mabuting magtrabaho kesa alang sweldo...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    LoL. Politicians are locally made kaya low quality sila?

Correction, marami sa kanila US bred...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Yeah , maybe that's how they plan it to be... Im just appaled that Im seeing less and less "Made in the Philippines" Seal around.

I just came from Raon where dealers were telling me that the Crown brand of speakers were now China instead of the Locally made ones before.
    I agree, nakakalungkot talaga. kaya record breaking lagi ang trade deficits at unemployment natin.

If foreign companies go out of the country, understandable, kasi they are driven by profits..pero ang local company like San Miguel, bakit ganun?Sana konting malasakit, they should intensify local procurement, production and employment.

E sa totoo lang, it seems Thailand has this resolve of kicking the ass of its "twin" economy, the Philippines...e actually milya-milya na nga sila sa atin...

We are losing big-time...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
San Miguel Beer: Made in Thailand!