New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; March 11th, 2013 at 11:39 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Not to mention too many would be "heroes" on the forum like stickers who want to want to join the Royal Army in Sabah.
    I'm sorry if you find my post heroic but the only real heroes I know are carved in the coins. I don't want my face circulating, or paid for some stupid stuffs in the streets either. And who told you I'd go to Sabah, why would I go there and in the process protect everyone here? what is there for me to gain? If you find my opinion about Patriotism Dead, go ahead prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Paikot ikot may mga analysis pa military strength....sus kung sumusuporta kayo kay Kiram stop typing and start fighting....punta na sa airport at kuha na ng flight papuntang mindanao..then get to a boat going to sabah..geeez.

Anyway....masarap ba sa IHOP? Lol
    walangya, had to google IHOP kalo ko naman related sa Sabah.. u got me there.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    I'm sorry if you find my post heroic but the only real heroes I know are carved in the coins. I don't want my face circulating, or paid for some stupid stuffs in the streets either. And who told you I'd go to Sabah, why would I go there and in the process protect everyone here? what is there for me to gain? If you find my opinion about Patriotism Dead, go ahead prove me wrong.
    :
    It's not so much patriotism, but jingoism. The real inhabitants of Sabah were not crying out for liberation from Malaysia, mind you. Neither were they clamoring to be part of the PH.

It was a sorry band of armed men who were looking for trouble in another land AND FOUND IT. There's little sympathy for that kind of adventurism disguised as a reclamation of sovereignty.

Patriotism is doing what's good for a person's country. Not for the good of a few who style themselves as the "Royal Army" who take it upon themselves to invade another territory, international relations and migrant workers be damned. Ang tagalog nito ay meron lang me gustong idamay ang nakararami sa k*t*rantaduhan na ginawa nila sa ibang bansa para maka dagdag singil sa upa.

That's not patriotism. That's just rent negotiations with the barrel of a gun.
    Last edited by Altis6453; March 11th, 2013 at 12:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    It's not so much patriotism, but jingoism. The real inhabitants of Sabah were not crying out for liberation from Malaysia, mind you.

It was a sorry band of armed men who were looking for trouble in another land AND FOUND IT. There's little sympathy for that kind of adventurism disguised as a reclamation of sovreignty.

Patriotism is doing what's good for a person's country. Not for the good of a few who style themselves as the "Royal Army". Ang tagalog nito ay meron lang me gustong idamay ang nakararami sa k*t*rantaduhan na ginawa nila sa ibang bansa para maka dagdag singil sa upa.
    In any event, as a matter of post-colonial self-determination, the people of Sabah voted overwhelmingly to join Malaysia in a referendum held in 1962, which was organised by the Cobbold Commission.
    Nakapamili na nga yung mga Sabahanians eh, so who would be more than concern to push the claim aside from those who have direct interest over it? No one but the Sultan of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Ito nabasa ko lang.

Ito pa. Nice point. Chop-chopping the historical truth | Inquirer Opinion
    However, I have greater concern for the Filipino people as a whole. If the Sultanate of Sulu wants P-Noy to support the claim to Sabah, against whatever odds, then the Filipino people, in the majority, must be the ones to demand it. Those who are passionately for the recovery of Sabah must first sell the idea to the majority of the Filipino people. Before anything, Filipinos must decide what they know is theirs, what they feel is theirs, and what they will die for because it is theirs. The Sultanate, if it believes it speaks for the Filipino people, before going for Sabah, should go for the hearts and minds of the Filipino people.
    This is where it boils down, if in your own country you cannot convince everyone of the claim, how much more can you convince the other parties.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    However, I have greater concern for the Filipino people as a whole. If the Sultanate of Sulu wants P-Noy to support the claim to Sabah, against whatever odds, then the Filipino people, in the majority, must be the ones to demand it. Those who are passionately for the recovery of Sabah must first sell the idea to the majority of the Filipino people. Before anything, Filipinos must decide what they know is theirs, what they feel is theirs, and what they will die for because it is theirs. The Sultanate, if it believes it speaks for the Filipino people, before going for Sabah, should go for the hearts and minds of the Filipino people.
    This is where it boils down, if in your own country you cannot convince everyone of the claim, how much more do you expect from the other parties involved in it?

It's not so much patriotism, but jingoism. The real inhabitants of Sabah were not crying out for liberation from Malaysia, mind you. Neither were they clamoring to be part of the PH.

It was a sorry band of armed men who were looking for trouble in another land AND FOUND IT. There's little sympathy for that kind of adventurism disguised as a reclamation of sovereignty.

Patriotism is doing what's good for a person's country. Not for the good of a few who style themselves as the "Royal Army" who take it upon themselves to invade another territory, international relations and migrant workers be damned. Ang tagalog nito ay meron lang me gustong idamay ang nakararami sa k*t*rantaduhan na ginawa nila sa ibang bansa para maka dagdag singil sa upa.

That's not patriotism. That's just rent negotiations with the barrel of a gun.
    In any event, as a matter of post-colonial self-determination, the people of Sabah voted overwhelmingly to join Malaysia in a referendum held in 1962, which was organised by the Cobbold Commission.
    Nakapamili na nga mga Sabahanians kung san nila gusto, kaya rent lang naman talaga habol ng Sultan eh. Why would anyone here really care about his actions? Eh as far as everyone is concern, we dont give a sh*t as long as the Malaysians keeps bombing Sabah only and killing the Muslims there or even the Sabahanians.. Do we really care if they die? We would just take action kung involve na personal interest and family natin di ba?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious. Always remember this, sa panahon ngaun idealists, nationalists, patriots, they're just used bec. Of their anger/angst/spirit.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    OT: di ba malaysian firm ang my hawak ng SLEX at my contract pa sila sa phil gov't for 20-30 years ROI? Wonder why PNoy didn't push thru about our claim of sabah?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    OT: di ba malaysian firm ang my hawak ng SLEX at my contract pa sila sa phil gov't for 20-30 years ROI? Wonder why PNoy didn't push thru about our claim of sabah?
    You talking about Metro Pacific? It's owned by First Pacific, which is in turn owned by the Salim Group, who are Indonesian:

Salim Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    why single out Pnoy? how about cory, ramos, erap. gma?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    why single out Pnoy? how about cory, ramos, erap. gma?
    A basta! Si Pnoy pa rin may kasalanan ng lahat!
    Signature