New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the whistle blowers get arrested and the accused are free and stealing more money...i will not be surprised if the next revolution (if there will be) will be bloody. sigh...even if i have a very young son at the moment, if only i could change the course of politics in the country i'm willing to bet my life (or even lose it) just for the sake of future generation. the system is so sick. :fire:

[SIZE="3"]Navy whistle-blower braces for arrest[/SIZE]

Nestor P. Burgos Jr.
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    May 15, 2009

source: http://services.inquirer.net/mobile/...05226-xml.html

ILOILO CITY, Philippines—Whistle-blower Lieutenant Senior Grade Nancy Gadian has told her sister she was bracing for arrest but would not turn herself in to military officials.

Gadian told her elder sister Nedina Gadian-Diamante through a cellphone message Friday she was bracing for an arrest after the Philippine Navy issued an order of apprehension for desertion.

However, when asked through a text message if she would surrender, Gadian explained there were many things to consider about the apprehension order so she still had to consult with her lawyer.

"She sent a text message that she will be turning her cellphone off as part of her precautions," Diamante told the Inquirer in a telephone interview on Friday.

Diamante is based in Iloilo while the rest of her family, including Gadian, are residing in South Cotabato.

Gadian, 41, former head of the civil military operations of the Western Mindanao Command (Westmincom) during the Balikatan exercises, has given media interviews through the telephone but has not disclosed her location for security reasons.

Gadian has accused senior military officers of pocketing over P40 million in funds intended for the joint US-RP military exercises in Mindanao two years ago.

On Thursday, the Navy issued an apprehension order for her failure to report for work after her 30-day leave that she filed on April 22 expired.

She also faced an investigation before the Navy's Efficiency Separation Board (ESB) for alleged lavish spending and insubordination. Gadian has repeatedly denied the charges and called them "baseless."

In a telephone interview on Thursday, Gadian, a single parent, said she has readied herself for the consequences of her coming out but maintained that she was still concerned about the safety of her 13-year-old son and 11-year old daughter.

"I received text messages that I'm being tracked down. I've expected this to happen and I'm taking precautions," she had said.

She said she would pursue what she has started and would not stop even if the charges against her were dropped.

"The interest of the entire organization or country should not be sacrificed for just one person," Gadian said.

Diamante said she suspected that she was being monitored after she saw unidentified men observing her house in Iloilo City.

Gadian's lawyer Eman Nobleza said the issuance of an apprehension order was "a normal procedure" of the military but insisted that his client was innocent.

"Nancy resigned effective May 1. She's not AWOL (absent without official leave) or a deserter. She has committed no crime," Nobleza said in a telephone interview Friday.

Nobleza said that if the Navy refuses to honor her resignation, its legality should be resolved first by the appropriate courts.

"As far as we are concerned, her resignation is valid. Under the Constitution, no one can be forced to work," Nobleza said.

While he has not yet seen a copy of the order of apprehension issued against his client, he said they would question its legality.

Nobleza said he does not know his client's whereabouts and have only been communicating with her by phone.

He said it would be up to Gadian whether she would turn herself in.

"It's her decision whether she's going to report to the military authorities or not. I'm only her lawyer who gives her legal advice. At the end of the day, it's her decision," Nobleza said.

[SIZE="4"]NBN whistleblower arrested[/SIZE]

By DJ Yap
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 10:45:00 04/29/2009

source: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...ing-for-arrest

MANILA, Philippines – (UPDATE 4) Rodolfo “Jun” Lozada was arrested Wednesday by a police team following an order issued by a local court the day before.

Lozada, the whistleblower in the alleged anomalous national broadband network agreement with China’s ZTE Corp., has been staying in La Salle Greenhills in San Juan under the protection of nuns.

In an interview ahead of his arrest for perjury, Lozada said he was prepared and would not post bail.

Reporters have been camped out on campus since Tuesday evening. Security is tight and media can enter the school only with the permission of Lozada's security.

Lozada briefly appeared to watch one of his young sons play on the football field.

Lozada was the Senate witness who blew the whistle on the alleged bribery and overpricing in the aborted $329-million National Broadband Network deal between the government and China's ZTE Corp.

Lozada, wearing a black shirt with a picture of national hero Jose Rizal and the words “Pepe goes to market,” was whisked away in a waiting mobile unit was on his way to the Manila Police District for processing after he was read his Miranda rights by arresting officer Alfredo Valenzuela of the Manila Police District.

Lozada was flanked by a group of supporters, including his lawyer Jose Manuel Diokno, Sr. Mary John Mananzan and other nuns of the AMRSP, and Carol Araullo and Renatos Reyes of militant group Bayan when he was read his rights.

The same supporters followed the mobile unit carrying Lozada in a van bearing the markings of the AMRSP.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    141st tayo sa pinaka corrupt? ibig sabihin may 140 countries na mas corrupt? anong bansa tong mga to antindi siguro

Baka reversed ranking....

7909:taunt:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
RP 'sick, on brink of failure,'!