New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    eh di tong mga to pala e mahihirap ding makaintindi? sana if ever matupad ang malaking rollback eh matuwa rin kayong mga nakakaintindi kung bakit di dapat mag rollback ng biglaan...pesteng rollback to oh.
    ASSUMING po yan... if the government can control OPEC and contract buyers then they can implement this BUT the market is very volatile... one day up to $85 another day drops to $65. hindi nila pwede assume lahat.

if the govenment really wants to intervene with the gas prices, subsidize nila anything OVER $70 per barrel. kung mas mababa naman... kumita sila. then for sure stable at 40/l gas natin.

theres one draw back though... who will pick up the slack... sino pa kung hindi tayong mga tax payers.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    or tax them on excess profits....
    Sir in fairness to Angelo Reyes, though i dont know this guy, e nagbanta sya na tataxan nya ang excess profits ng oil companies here kaya nagbaba ng pabutal butal...i say its still not enough...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    ASSUMING po yan... if the government can control OPEC and contract buyers then they can implement this BUT the market is very volatile... one day up to $85 another day drops to $65. hindi nila pwede assume lahat.

if the govenment really wants to intervene with the gas prices, subsidize nila anything OVER $70 per barrel. kung mas mababa naman... kumita sila. then for sure stable at 40/l gas natin.

theres one draw back though... who will pick up the slack... sino pa kung hindi tayong mga tax payers.
    i don't see any intention or plans that the gov't wants to subsidize it. wala ako nabasa. besides yes andun na tayo that if that certain delivery was paid at $200 a barrel then naturally they will sell it at over P60 or even P70 a liter - fine... but what if they ordered today at $70 a barrel then on the following month it becomes $100 do you think hindi muna sila magtataas? dun nga sila magaling e.

i'm sure nag iimbak na yang mga yan ngayon hangga't mura. mga tanga sila pag nag antay pa sila ng 2 or 3 months para bumili ulit na palagi nilang sinasabi - kalokohan di sana matagal na silang lugi.
    Last edited by XTO; October 24th, 2008 at 03:28 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i don't see any intention or plans tha the gov't wants to subsidize it. wala ako nabasa. besides yes andun na tayo that if that certain delivery was paid at $200 a barrel then naturally they will sell it at over 60 or even $70 a liter - fine... but what if they ordered today at $70 a barrel then on the following month it becomes $100 do you think hindi muna sila magtataas? dun nga sila magaling e.
    IF they order today... that WILL come months after sa gas pumps. uubusin muna kung ano ang at hand. so naturally hindi kita epekto kagad. di ba?

also hindi magoorder yan ng month on month kasi mas mahal expense sa shipping pagpatingi-tingi bili.

i'm sure nag iimbak na yang mga yan ngayon hangga't mura. mga tanga sila pag nag antay pa sila ng 2 or 3 months para bumili ulit na palagi nilang sinasabi - kalokohan di sana matagal na silang lugi
    so kung hindi sila hintay ng mas matagal... saan nila lalagay yun... kung puno pa majority ng tank nila?

shempre mas ok na bulk buying kasi may perks like less transport cost, less handling cost, less holding cost. kung month on month, baka hindi lang 47/liter ngayon.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    We’re talking about big 3 here who has their own refineries ha? have you seen their fuel depots in pandacan? na kayang mag supply ng 50% ng pilipinas? bukod pa yung refineries nila sa Bataan at Batangas.

Do you think di nila kaya mag imbak?

According to a position paper of the "Big Three" (Petron, Caltex and Shell), the depot supplies:
    Fifty percent of the country's total demand for fuels, including 1,787 retail stations in Regions 1 to 4, including 459 stations in Metro Manila alone
    Seventy percent of the shipping industry's needs nationwide
    Ninety percent of lubricant requirements nationwide
    Seventy-six percent of all aviation fuel needs nationwide
    Twenty-five percent of the demand for chemicals nationwide
    Last edited by XTO; October 24th, 2008 at 04:52 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    We’re talking about big 3 here who has their own refineries ha? have you see their fuel depots in pandacan? na kayang mag supply ng 50% ng pilipinas? bukod pa yung refineries nila sa Bataan at Batangas.

Do you think di nila kaya mag imbak?
    nope, they will always order at capacity to lessen the cost. mamaximize nila invetory nila para no tanks would be unused.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    might not be a CPA, but i have my background on analysis of FS.
    Ok, if you say so, (but I highly doubt it).

its a simple logic really, why build tanks that you have no intentions of filling? sayang puhunan sa pagawa.
    There is such as a thing as economies of scale. During lean periods, companies do not maximize their inventory of stocks, because it's not profitable to do so. Hindi naman consistent ang demand ng fuel products. (In the West, mas malakas ang consumption sa winter kesa summer). Dito sa Pinas, last time I reviewed energy consumption, malakas din sa last quarter and summer months and medyo flat in-between.

Like during the time na masyadong mataas ang presyo ng langis. Di sila gaano nag-import, kasi malulugi sila. They normally maintain naman a stockpile which will last for about 90 - 120 days in anticipation of an unlikely demand. Pag mababa ang presyo sa merkado, mataas din ang orders nila.

Funny, if you indeed claim to have a background sa financial analysis, dapat alam mo to. Napaka-basic nito. (Hmmph, pretender ka lang yata)
    Last edited by Galactus; October 24th, 2008 at 05:09 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Ok, if you say so, (but I highly doubt it).

There is such as a thing as economies of scale. During lean periods, companies do not maximize their inventory of stocks, because it's not profitable to do so. Hindi naman consistent ang demand ng fuel products. (In the West, mas malakas ang consumption sa winter kesa summer). Dito sa Pinas, last time I reviewed energy consumption, malakas din sa last quarter and summer months and medyo flat in-between.
    believe what you what sir....

maybe your talking about DISECONOMIES of scale... economies of scale states that lower cost in the long run BUT output increases.

that is not maximizing profit... you are simply encouraging to increase cost of shipping and handling... rather than have a small cost of storage.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Question: Why is the price per barrel falling? There was a report in the TV news that said it had to do with the possibility of less usage in the US which represents the biggest oil using market. If that is the case isn't it to the benefit of the oil producers that people get a lower price so they buy? Obviously the Philippines is not a big market so it doesn't matter. But by keeping the price up there will be less consumption of petroleum products thus the oil producer's lowering of price did not work for them? In the end the middle man profits but not the producer.

Just asking

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Economies of scale are the cost advantages that a firm obtains due to expansion. Diseconomies is the opposite.

Economies of scale may be utilized by any size firm expanding its scale of operation. The common ones are purchasing (bulk buying of materials through long-term contracts), managerial (increasing the specialization of managers), financial (obtaining lower-interest charges when borrowing from banks and having access to a greater range of financial instruments), and marketing (spreading the cost of advertising over a greater range of output in media markets). Each of these factors reduces the long run average costs (LRAC) of production by shifting the short-run average total cost (SRATC) curve down and to the right.
    Economies of scale, also called increasing returns to scale, is a term used by economists to refer to the situation in which the cost of producing an additional unit of output (i.e., the marginal cost) of a product (i.e., a good or service) decreases as the volume of output (i.e., the scale of production) increases. It could also be defined as the situation in which an equal percentage increase in all inputs results in a greater percentage increase in output.

Shell and Petron import crude oil, since silang 2 na lang ang may refineries dito. They import more when the price of crude is low.

IMHO, stop hyping your credentials, obvious kasi na you don't know what you're talking about.

rollback!!!