New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    major contibutory factor is yung "EVAT" mind you 12% more added burden on market price of all commodities...

better yet, scrap EVAT!. sa tingin nyo sino nakikinabang sa pesteng EVAT na yan.. sasabihin na naman ng mga taong gobyerno para sa infrastracture??? nanilang lahat! only the main players in the govt benefit from it.

we should not hate the oil companies,, it's practically business and profit is part of it otherwise bakit ka pa magveventure sa business kung palugi ka din lang..

WE SHOULD HATE THE ONE WHO IMPOSED EVAT WHICH IS THE REAL CULPRIT not only on oil price but to all price comodities natin.

ban all official travel of goverment people particularly overseas which is costing too much particularly those who are travelling on delegation wherein pati asawa't mga anak eh kasama sa official travel. and that's what we can very UNETHICAL!

OT na ako pero just pointing out what contributed in the high oil price.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    major contibutory factor is yung "EVAT" mind you 12% more added burden on market price of all commodities...

better yet, scrap EVAT!. sa tingin nyo sino nakikinabang sa pesteng EVAT na yan.. sasabihin na naman ng mga taong gobyerno para sa infrastracture??? nanilang lahat! only the main players in the govt benefit from it.

we should not hate the oil companies,, it's practically business and profit is part of it otherwise bakit ka pa magveventure sa business kung palugi ka din lang..

WE SHOULD HATE THE ONE WHO IMPOSED EVAT WHICH IS THE REAL CULPRIT not only on oil price but to all price comodities natin.

ban all official travel of goverment people particularly overseas which is costing too much particularly those who are travelling on delegation wherein pati asawa't mga anak eh kasama sa official travel. and that's what we can very UNETHICAL!

OT na ako pero just pointing out what contributed in the high oil price.

Your partially correct.The govet is also to blame.

But I suggest isama pa rin mga oil companies

greedy sila and there is no justification to that!

Magsama sila ng administrasyong ito na puro pasakit sa tao ginagawa...
    Last edited by jpdm; October 25th, 2008 at 08:36 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post

The government is also riding on the upsurge of the oil industry. "If you cannot beat them - Join them".

From Wikipidia:

After his failed bid for re-election to the senate in 2007, Recto joined the board of Union Bank.
    Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, on July 23, 2008 named him as the new director-general of National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    While many people hate the EVAT, there is no denying it has improved our credit standing among foreigners. Now they are more confident that we can pay our debts.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Pag wala ung EVAT, our sovereign credit rating will drop

and investors of our sovereign debt bonds will demand very high interest rate from us
    Last edited by uls; October 25th, 2008 at 12:49 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    What if kung EVAT sa petroleum products saka sa electricty lang ang tatanggalin? malaki kaya ang epekto?

I really hate EVAT pero malaking tulong talaga ito sa bansa..... sana lang eh malimitahan ang pangungurakot sa gobyerno.... para naman mapakinabangan ng bayan yun EVAT

pero it is really ironic that Sec Ralph Recto ang nangunguna sa pagbatikos sa oil companies! samantalang sya ang proponent ng EVAT. mukhang nagpapabango ah! tatakbo siguro ulit to!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Im surprised you said this. When you hit me with you shame thing, you are attacking me personally. It was a hit out of nowhere.

Why did you singled me out? Because of my attacks on oil companies?
    Because every time someone disagrees with you, you call into question their motivations.

I don't have time to dig up every single thread, but you have called everyone from Monseratto to Mazdamazda a mouthpiece for some organization or another. Frankly, it's tiring, and has no place on the forum. If you can't argue your case with logic, then name-calling, repetitive spamming ("ah, basta... rollback") and etcetera are poor substitutes.

O may personal grudge ka ba sa akin?
    Nope. For it to be a personal grudge, I'd have to know you personally. Whenever you want to have coffee, we can meet up. From my meetings and chats with dprox, I know you're in our general area.

This is the gist of the boycott thread...nauna na kasi galit ng iba...
    The problem with the boycott thread is the logic behind it.

Hit the big three so that gas prices will go down.

Nuh-uh.

To force gas prices lower, you have to lower the cost of the biggest contributor to the price of gasoline. Crude oil.

To lower the price of crude oil... you have to create the simple economic condition of higher supply and lower demand.

To lower demand? Stop buying gasoline... period!

This is why world crude oil prices are in free-fall... Americans can't afford oil... and due to the stock market plummeting, other countries are tightening belts, too.

The high demand that kept oil prices at the 70-80 level before speculators pushed it over 100 is now gone.

So, lower fuel costs.

While the selective boycott others have proposed here or there would have a different effec.t

What happens is that individual gas station owners in lean market areas who chose to franchise big three may suffer. When they go out of business... they're replaced by an "independent" or another "brand name" who takes their place. It may lower the price half-a-peso to one peso... but it ain't going to force everyone to magically drop the ten pesos certain parties are telling people is "proper".

Eventually, force one of the "big three" out of business, and a new one takes its place.

As the dealership structure and organization matures, they become more capital hungry. To appeal to a more mainstream clientele and project an image of trustworthiness, and to be able to provide better service, they raise their prices till they're at par with the big boys...

The cycle begins again.

Like I've said, if you want to save money, go ahead, buy wherever you want... but there ain't no magic bullet to hit Ralph's magic number. And the government knows it. They make big noises about "pleading" with the big three to lower prices... but the Government still has a large stake in Petron... if they really wanted lower prices, they could muscle Petron to undercut the competition and lower their prices a whole 5 pesos. If the natural price of gasoline is actually 10 pesos below what it is now, this still gives them 5 pesos per liter of excessive profit, while making them smell like roses to the adoring public. And it would force the other two to lower prices to compete. In fact, this was one of the reasons the government put money into Petron all those years back... to establish it as a dominant market force and price-leader for the others to follow.

So why don't they? That's where the whole case and the whole "makamasa" sound bite releases of the government just fall to pieces. They have the ability to influence market prices... yet they don't do more than make noise and "pa-pogi". Because they either know that the prices are at the right level, or they're in on the profit-taking. Or both.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    kung EVAT pag uusapan correct me if im wrong, pero alam ko si recto ang pasimuno nyan e...

back to topic rollback 5pesos para masaya ang mga pinoy...makatulong man lang sa madla ang big 3

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    langya iniwan ko itong thread na ito page 4 ngayon page 9 na ...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Masaya na ako kung nag-rollback ng 8 pesos bago mag 2009. At the 1 peso/week rate, aabot din iyan...

rollback!!!