New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ya why doesn't the govt just nationalize the oil industry?

Kick the multinationals out, and shut down the local players...

Just 1 freaking oil company.

State owned.

GOCC.

Something like NAPOCOR (money loser, owes billions, subsidized by national govt, kept alive by taxpayers)

Yan ang gusto ng mga tao right?

An oil company run by the govt.

Maganda naman ang record ng govt sa pagpatakbo ng business right?

BTW

OT lang... meron ba sa inyo govt employee?

paki check ung GSIS nyo.

malaking pera nalugi nyan sa investments sa financial markets abroad.

ayaw lang i-reveal.

Pati ung GSIS mutual fund biggest loser dito.

Magaling gobyerno natin e.

Bilib na bilib mga tao sa gobyerno.
    Last edited by uls; October 23rd, 2008 at 02:12 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If you find it (the prices) high then don't buy that is all I have to say to people who complain on the prices. I am just a student of free market economics so morality has no bearing with me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nakakatikim din kaya gov't. from these oil companies????? :toma: palagay ko yun ang makakasagot

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    nakakatikim din kaya gov't. from these oil companies????? :toma: palagay ko yun ang makakasagot
    actually, what i think is: any amount that is not given back to the consumers in the form of fuel price rollback goes to malacanang's campaign fund raising for the 2010 elections

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    well at least nag rorolbak pa rin kahit papaano
    even they say 1 peso is not enough for meal but 1 peso is still 1 peso
    better have 1 peso rollback every week then no rollback every week

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, Sec Recto, transport groups, consumer oil price watch, forumers, men and women in the streets, commentarists, columnists ,etc are crying the same thing - 5-7 pesos one time rollback. Isn't that a sensible demand?

They are not that dumb not to know the word "greed" when they see one.

Isn't it unethical whenever these multinationals report billions of dollars of earnings and yet we see ordinary folks (especially public transport drivers) here in Philippines trying to make both ends meet?

I don't buy the big three's arguments at all. They have all the financial resources to hire spin doctors.

Haven't you noticed - tuwing nagro rollack o nagtataas sila-sabay sabay? Ano sila may mga ESP? Or are they talking behind our back while laughing their way to the bank?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Haven't you noticed - tuwing nagro rollack o nagtataas sila-sabay sabay? Ano sila may mga ESP?
    kung ang raw material sa inyong industriya ay nag mahal, hindi ba lahat ng ka-industriya mo magtataas ng presyo ng produkto?

Kung nag taas ang presyo ng harina, hindi ba lahat ng bakery nagtataas ng presyo ng pan de sal?

kung nagbaba ng presyo ang mga ka-industriya mo, hindi mo ba din ibababa ang presyo mo?

---

Isn't it unethical whenever these multinationals report billions of dollars of earnings and yet we see ordinary folks (especially public transport drivers) here in Philippines trying to make both ends meet?
    Isnt it unethical for us car enthusiasts to spend tens or even hundreds of thousands of pesos pimping our rides when there are many kababayans going hungry?
    Last edited by uls; October 23rd, 2008 at 03:45 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    buti na lang may biodiesel sa area namin. 42.25 per liter! as of now

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    If you find it (the prices) high then don't buy that is all I have to say to people who complain on the prices. I am just a student of free market economics so morality has no bearing with me.
    I agree. But hey, if these oil companies find the business moral ground too high to be climbed, then they can go elsewhere, too. In a time of economic crisis, free market economics will not always reign (and will not always last).

Btw, even if I don't buy gas or diesel, I am still indirectly affected by this whenever prices of other stuffs go up.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well if you force them to pull down prices beyond what they want and decide to leave us, then we are screwed. High price is better than no gas at all. Price controls never work, you have to leave the supplier and the consumer to sort this out. If consumers are not buying enough they will have to lower the prices down. Obviously, at these prices marami pa ring bumibili so that meas the price is acceptable to the market.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
rollback!!!