New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Simply, show them your "call" history on the phone
    I'll never show anything on my phone to enforcers or police for that matter unless they can secure court order.

So they still should prove that driver is indeed speaking with someone on the phone rather than just singing along sa music. Re. Distracted driving law

It's hard to enforce plus dark tints pa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maglagay na lang ng sticker ni Du30 sa windshield wala ka nang huli hahaha!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I don't understand why people need a law to keep them from using their phones while driving.

Sobrang obvious naman diba, kung nagtetext or nagfafacebook ka, edi hati attention mo.

Bluetooth connectivity, Waze, etc were made with the objective of keeping your focus on the road. Hindi naman nakakadistract mag-GPS habang nagddrive. Wag ka lang tititig sa phone mo, pero common sense naman yun diba.

Bluetooth calling is still more distracting than a simple conversation with a passenger, because you're expected to reply instantaneously as opposed to a face-to-face conversation where lulls are more common, especially if the lull is because the driver had to focus on his main task - driving.

That said, I still believe that handsfree calls have mitigated the risk enough to make it plausible to take a phone call while driving, though I still think that if the call isn't urgent, just delay it until you're done driving.

At the end of the day, sa dami ng nakadark tint sa Pilipinas, hindi parin makikita ginagawa ng driver. At malamang hindi naman mahuhuli yung mga dapat hulihin. But again I ask, bakit kailangan pa ng batas para lang itigil nito pagphophone niyo habang nagddrive?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Because everyone thinks they are one of the few intellectually and physically superior individuals who has mastered the art of multitasking.

Problem is, there is no such thing.

Tapatalked

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kelangan ng batas cause everyone's a smart aleck. Sasabihin lang ng hinuli "Anong batas ba nilabag ko? Kung wala, di mo ko pwede hulihin." And technically, he's correct.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yan ba babantayan ng enforcers? Simpleng violation nga di nila mahuli

Tsaka once nabangga or nakabangga na natural bibitiwan na ang pesteng celpon

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I think wala pa rin nakaisip nito...

If we follow the logic of this bill (di pa sya batas AFAIK)... bawal na rin ang mga jeepney drivers na walang assistant para kumuha at manukli ng bayad.

I'm not against this bill. Pero sana maliwanag ang IRR (Implementing Rules and Regulations) for this.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    The senate bill says as long as you are not holding your phone, then you are ok. Hand-free, bluetooth headsets are allowed. Not sure how they are going to merge this with MMDA's no-contact policy.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2731571
    The senate bill says as long as you are not holding your phone, then you are ok. Hand-free, bluetooth headsets are allowed. Not sure how they are going to merge this with MMDA's no-contact policy.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
    the bill is defective.
    when you use the phone, however you put it, you still have to distract yourself from the road ahead.
    ... less distracting? ... does that mean, the damage in the fender bender is only 50% ..?
    or is it... you get 50% less accidents..?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    how exactly will they know if someone is distracted or not?

Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast