New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hope na may scienctitic test kung ano ang effects sa engine, either good or bad, para ma clear natin....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by niky
    Well, Americans buy into the intake vortex thing, the fuel tank catalyst thing, AND the electric supercharger... you'd be surprised what kind of idiocy US consumers are also capable of.
    agreed. people here can be just as stupid as the people over there. plus, there's more of us

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    And you support a thriving "fuel savers" industry... can we ship all these people over there? So they'll get so rich that they'll forget about the Philippines?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm a true skeptic of this Khaos thing but I'm not an automatic believer either of a PhD holder talking theories. What we need is somebody who has actually tested it? Anyone?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Actually we've had at least two members who have had this tested (plus one dealer). It's already been discussed in another thread. In general, they've given the device some glowing reviews.

What we need is a fully-equipped, independent agency to have this device thoroughly tested for ALL five gas emissions, not just two, three, or four out of five.

But personally, my rule of thumb is: if the results are still achievable without shelling out a ridiculous amount of money, so much the better.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 25th, 2004 at 04:37 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its seems that blu_gsr_98 gets about 13.27 km/L with his khaos equipted Mitsu Lancer GSR on the highway. (from his post in another website)

I did 12.8 km/L on the highway driving from manila to subic freeport (and some driving around while there). I was also cruising around 100 to 140 kph on the expressway. I could have marginally done better milage if I kept to 90kph max. I also wish I had my vacuum gauge installed by then. (Only got installed last week).

Fuel used: Shell Unleaded.
    Car: '99 Toyota Corolla 1.6 a/t
    Extra weight in car: me(overweight kasi), wife (definitely NOT overweight, hehehe!) and overnight stuff.

13.27 km/L vs 12.8 km/L = 3.67% difference
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 25th, 2004 at 05:38 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So far, it's only blu_gsr_98 who seems to have reliable results regarding the effects of this... remember, another mitsu club member posted about mileage being somewhat better, but with a noticeable deterioration in performance.

Two members of Ford Club Philippines have complained that the device interfered with their MAF and caused really poor performance.

I've gone anywhere from 7km/l to 11.5 km/l in mixed cycle driving just by changing my driving style... I could get better, but I have a really itchy trigger foot. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by niky
    So far, it's only blu_gsr_98 who seems to have reliable results regarding the effects of this...
    maybe its something like the stick the "POWERED BY HONDA" sticker on your car and gain 10 hp effect?

was it measured by the state of the art seat-of-the-pants dyno?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    maybe its something like the stick the "POWERED BY HONDA" sticker on your car and gain 10 hp effect?

was it measured by the state of the art seat-of-the-pants dyno?
    LOL... you guys have that story, too?

AFAIK, it's the number of VTEC stickers that determine HP... but most people seem to agree, it's plus 10 hp per sticker.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    alam niyo ba na may mga kilala dad ko telling him to buy it too..kaya sabi niya sakin kanikanina lang na baka bili daw sha.. cge.. kasi sha naman gastos.. kaso sa kotse ko ata ikakabit kasi 2.2 makina.. or sa expi.. hala.. cge kung matuloy man to ill tell u the results.. kasi wala talga ako magagawa kasi kung gusto niya no choice ako eh.. pero ok lang kaya or shud i force him not to do so..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
QC govt orders khaos for all its vehicles