BIGOT

A person who regards his own faith and views in matters of
    religion as unquestionably right, and any belief or
    opinion opposed to or differing from them as unreasonable
    or wicked. In an extended sense, a person who is
    intolerant of opinions which conflict with his own, as in
    politics or morals
    ; one obstinately and blindly devoted to
    his own church, party, belief, or opinion.

The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye: The more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    — Oliver Wendell Holmes

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    BIGOT

A person who regards his own faith and views in matters of
    religion as unquestionably right, and any belief or
    opinion opposed to or differing from them as unreasonable
    or wicked. In an extended sense, a person who is
    intolerant of opinions which conflict with his own, as in
    politics or morals
    ; one obstinately and blindly devoted to
    his own church, party, belief, or opinion.

The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye: The more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    — Oliver Wendell Holmes

Going with that line of thought, so it's bigotry to go resent or express disapproval against Satanism, Lesbianism, Terrorism and Homo***ualism?

so it's like a non-bigot accepts everything as absolute and does not disapprove of anything? like an idiot?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Going with that line of thought, so it's bigotry to go resent or express disapproval against Satanism, Lesbianism, Terrorism and Homo***ualism?

so it's like a non-bigot accepts everything as absolute and does not disapprove of anything? like an idiot?

Maybe we can add that up to the current written definitions of bigotry. We can try. You just might be able to enlighten us.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Do you even know what bigot really means? You're the one who's prejudgmental here. How many times do I have to say I don't shun homo***uals because of their disorientation, but rather what they do? It's the actions some of them are inclined to do that I hate, alright?
    I'm not being pre-judgmental at all. I'm merely basing what I say on the things you have said yourself. And i quote:

We shouldn't judge candidates for their ***uality.
    which is a good thing to say, but then, you contradict yourself by following it up with:

Gays and lesbians are sick in the head; I believe there's a defective brain tissue in them that can be adjusted to straighten their ***ual orientation. If Danton's advocacy is geared towards curing people like him, then maybe his intellect is worth sending to the senate.
    take note, this mentions NOTHING about *** between two people of the same gender. you say ALL people who have an alternative ***ual orientation are "sick in the head". in other words, the following statement is not true at all:

What I condemn is the homo***ual act, which includes same-*** marriage and improper intercourse involving pathetic paraphernalia. Gays and lesbians should have their rights as far as they are humans.
    make up your mind! are you against gays and lesbians, or homo***ual activity? because you keep contradicting yourself. next, allow me to show proof of YOUR being pre-judgemental

Look man, it takes a homo***ual to do a homo***ual act, and those guilty of it are indeed the ones who need professional advice.
    why does it seem like you assume all gays and lesbians engage in homo***ual practices, or other "bizarre ***ual activity"? (not that i think there's anything wrong with that, but that's an entirely different topic)

and the most shocking statement of all:

If gays want to be treated like humans, they shouldn't dress like women, or go challenge nature by having an organ swap or put breasts.
    in other words, you're saying that just because a man dresses like a woman, or a woman cuts her hair short so she looks like guy, that automatically means she doesn't deserve to be treated as human? how do you want to treat them? like pets maybe? what, will you put them in a cage to try to "cure" them? maybe you want to do to lesbians what men did in olden times by raping them to turn them into "real" women? because the moment you stop treating other people as human, that's when atrocities like these happen.

And since you're not gay, well, according to you, why in the world are you so concerned anyway defending your poor helpless 'baklas' and tomboys? So what, are you an advocate of things like man having *** with another man, cross-dressing or something? Do you condemn me for disliking matters like that? Fine, I'm wrong because I'm against 'men' putting on breasts, 'women' being called Daddy by the children they're taking care of, holding contests on who's the most crooked of them all, and so on. Is that what you wanna hear? Ok now that you have, are you happy now?
    i am concerned about defending them because i believe that all people should be treated as equal and that they should not be considered "sick in the head", or that they should not be treated as anything less than human just because they are different. also, if you look at my previous posts, i have not been advocating *** between people of the same gender, nor cross-dressing. what i have been pointing out is your lack of respect for you fellow human being, no matter how different they may be from you. what i'm wondering about now is why are YOU so concerned about putting them down? to answer your question, that's what i think a bigot is: someone who goes out of the way to put down people who have different beliefs than him.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Ok, so who's voting for Danton Remoto?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If homo***uality is ok, then you shouldn't mind that your child grow into one in the future.

Being gay or lesbian, I have to say, isn't normal, regardless whether or not that person performs any related activity. It's our duty to respect them as human beings, but we should also help them straighten up their orientation. I know it's a very difficult thing to do, sometimes even impossible given our limited knowledge of the etymology of homo***uality, but there's no sin in trying.

Finally, Mr. Squala, I get your point, but try rephrasing your statements to avoid any confusion within the thread ok?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    we cannot separate what people do and what they are.

who are we to judge if a certain sector is "sick in the head" just because they like to things differently than most of us?

what is "normal" anyway who are we to say what we do is "normal" and what homo***uals do is "abnormal?"

everything is relative. homo***uality has been around a long time. so lets deal with it. the sooner we accept, the better for all of us.

bigotry and discrimination is a sign of ignorance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ^^^^^^^

this :drool:

:fly:

edit bbt = +++++++++

edit2 posting in an epic thread

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Squala,

let me guess, are you a fundamentalist christian?

I'm not gay but you give me the creeps.

www.religioustolerance.org.
    Last edited by bad driver; April 22nd, 2007 at 01:38 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Do you even know what bigot really means? You're the one who's prejudgmental here. How many times do I have to say I don't shun homo***uals because of their disorientation, but rather what they do? It's the actions some of them are inclined to do that I hate, alright?

And since you're not gay, well, according to you, why in the world are you so concerned anyway defending your poor helpless 'baklas' and tomboys? So what, are you an advocate of things like man having *** with another man, cross-dressing or something? Do you condemn me for disliking matters like that? Fine, I'm wrong because I'm against 'men' putting on breasts, 'women' being called Daddy by the children they're taking care of, holding contests on who's the most crooked of them all, and so on. Is that what you wanna hear? Ok now that you have, are you happy now?
    I'm not black and also not a jew either but I am against slavery and the holocaust.... you need some help. seriously screwed in the head.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Prof. Danton Remoto