New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the catholic church is so hypocritical, confusing and complex. there was no mention of st mary as a wed mother, yet jesus was baptized without criticism.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pis tayo...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^ayan ba si ebach?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^yep...
    https://plus.google.com/app/basic/+L...k%26sview%3D27

Pati yung church nag so-sorry...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i wonder if the kids of Team Tatay are baptized.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    What is entirely wrong is that this so-called priest ignored the very basic tenets of the Catholic Church by publicly humiliating the girl. There was no compassion, no charity. Only condemnation which seems to be the preferred method of spreading the Gospel these days.
    just like the parents. if they were as forgiving too, they should have talked to the priest and proved that they were good parents.

but I don't care. maglason sila pareho.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nag sulat kamay na gusto personally kausapin at humingi ng paumanhin sa napihiyang babae.... The parents will no longer pursue a legal case against the priest and the Redemptorist Church...

Priest asks for unwed teen mom’s forgiveness in handwritten letter
    By Ivan Angelo de Lara |INQUIRER.net1:00 pm | Wednesday, July 9th, 2014

MANILA, Philippines – After issuing a public apology for berating an unwed teenage mom during her child’s baptism, a Catholic priest in Cebu on Tuesday reached out to the 17-year-old mother through a handwritten letter.

“Allow me to express my deep regret for the painful action I’ve done to all of you and those who witnessed it. I had no intention of saying that in front of all of you. I deeply regret this and I beg you to forgive me for what I did last July 6, 2014 in the chapel of the Sacred Heart,” Father Romeo Obach of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer (Latin: Congregatio Sanctissimi Redemptoris – C.Ss.R) said in the letter which was written in Cebuano. The young mother received the note on Wednesday.

He wrote that he also wanted to meet the young mom again so that he could apologize to her personally.

The Commission on Human Rights visited the young mother on Wednesday. In a tweet by Cebu Daily News, she said she and her family would no longer pursue a case against the priest.

On Sunday, Obach scolded the teen mom during the baptism of her baby for “sleeping with a man who was not [her] husband.”
    “Makauulaw.Magpabunyag ka og walay bana. Nakig dug ka og laki nga dili nimo bana. Wala ma mauwaw Naka dungog ba na nako, dai? Wala ka mauwaw? (How shameful. You come here to have your child baptized without a husband. You slept with a man who is not your husband. Do you hear me, girl? Aren’t you ashamed?)” Obach said. The video of the incident, which was posted by the baby’s grandmother on Facebook, quickly became viral.

On Tuesday, Obach issued a public apology for the “words [he] said and the rude attitude [he] showed” during the baby’s baptism.

“I deeply regret that I have done this. I only later realized how cruel my ways to educate and impart lessons for the said event. I am deeply sorry to the mother of the child, her relatives, the sponsors and the witness of the incident. I am sorry to the Internet viewers, to the media listeners and the viewers for this mistake. I personally admit. I am deeply sorry and I humbly ask your forgiveness. I execute this statement of apology on this 8th day of July 2014 at Cebu City,” he said. Translation provided by Eileen Mangubat, Cebu Daily News publisher and acting editor-in-chief

Read more: Priest asks for unwed teen mom?s forgiveness in handwritten letter | Inquirer News
    Follow us: *inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The pastor did something very unfair and uncharitable, and I feel sorry for the teenage mother. She did not deserve that treatment. I'm glad the priest personally went to their house and apologized (nasa ABS-CBN news kagabi).

Say, nothing like this happened. Normal lang na binyag. You're one of the sponsors. Someone took a video and uploaded it. You didn't like that (you were caught scratching your butt, picking your nose or something). Is everyone fair game, just like that?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    The pastor did something very unfair and uncharitable, and I feel sorry for the teenage mother. She did not deserve that treatment. I'm glad the priest personally went to their house and apologized (nasa ABS-CBN news kagabi).

Say, nothing like this happened. Normal lang na binyag. You're one of the sponsors. Someone took a video and uploaded it. You didn't like that (you were caught scratching your butt, picking your nose or something). Is everyone fair game, just like that?

Doing something inappropriate for video (picking one's nose, scratching your crotch) is light years different from being excoriated in public. The intent was obviously to shame a single mother because of a bad decision she made before.

People may laugh at watching a video of someone picking his nose, but I certainly cringed when watching the YouTube video of this priest.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    ...People may laugh at watching a video of someone picking his nose, but I certainly cringed when watching the YouTube video of this priest.
    I see your point. I even wondered what possessed the priest (pun intended) to have behaved the way he did!

Anyway, I was just wondering, in general, how easy it is to be on YouTube without one's permission and be the object of scorn, butt of jokes, or victim of prank.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast