New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Hey Karl, nakapakaliit lang na factor ang school. A cousin of mine, whose school is not even listed here (PSBA), now owns banks and financial companies among his many businesses. Parang Quiapo lang Europe sa kanya (not sure why he goes there all the time).

So, wala sa school yan. :-)
    Sinabi mo. Minsan nga disadvantage pag sa 'sikat' ka galing kasi nababawasan ka ng determinasyong magwagi at madali itong mahalata ng kumpanya.AFAIK, ADMU and DLSU didn't do as well because they don't have as many students TAKING board courses -- specially ADMU that has only 1 or 2 board courses even offered. Kung factor ang NUMBER of passers malamang yun ang reason.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ooops! double post
    Last edited by baludoy; November 3rd, 2007 at 08:05 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^hmmm...meron bang board courses offered sa admu. afaik sa grad school lang meron

i'm not from mapua but i have learned to appreciate their mechanical and electronics related courses. ang daming alam nang mga students/grad niyan sa pag diy ng auto. sila ang parating may mga pakana actually ng mga detailed diy threads sa ibang forums eh

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Sinabi mo. Minsan nga disadvantage pag sa 'sikat' ka galing kasi nababawasan ka ng determinasyong magwagi at madali itong mahalata ng kumpanya.AFAIK, ADMU and DLSU didn't do as well because they don't have as many students TAKING board courses -- specially ADMU that has only 1 or 2 board courses even offered. Kung factor ang NUMBER of passers malamang yun ang reason.
    yup... agree ako d2. wala sa skul yan, nasa "abilidad" yan pagdating sa work. i said "abilidad" kasi di lahat nadadaan sa galing or talino. but we cant deny the fact that some companies preffer students from UP, DLSU, ADMU, etc... nakikita ko yun sa classified ads nung naghahanap pa ako ng work. di ko ma-getz bakit ganun. di mo naman makkita ang magiging performance nila sa work dahil lng sa kung anong naka-tatak sa diploma na hawak nila.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    hi guys,

actually i made a thread here, probably 2 to 3 months ago of asking what is the latest top five universities here in the philippines. I made that thread because being a parent and the head of the family. I believe that my son should receive the best and highest possible quality education that he can have. Some companies here in the philippines are biased towards some of the fresh graduates of UP, UST, DLSU and ADMU. In a sense that these schools or let us say universities have already proved a lot of things in providing high end quality education.. (board exams, alumni network, high reputation etc etc)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    shet wala AMA computer college.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i really believe that's it's mostly in the ability of the student, but

:viva:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    a good school would help, especially if you get the really brilliant teachers, but i have to agree with the others when they say that a lot of it hinges on the ability of the student. interesting na hindi gaano kataas ang ranking ng ateneo at de la salle.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yes. Law nga lang po ang board course ng ADMU. Ateneo de Davao probably scored higher kasi alam ko may Nursing and/or Accounting doon. Being an employer, 3 lang naiisip ko why a company would insist on an 'elite' school diploma: :tongue:1) They don't know better2) Somebody high up is a die-hard3) The position demands 'elitist' traits such as near-perfect english, upper-class social skills, etc. Number 1 is actually not as likely as 2/3 kaya hindi naman dapat ma disappoint ang mga iba. Feel ko nga #3 is the most likely. Feel ko nga madaya lang ang ADMU and DLSU kasi kaya lang sila may reputasyon ay dahil mahigpit sila sa pagtanggap -- samantalang yung matatalino ay hindi na masyadong kailangan ng mahusay na guro!!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yey we are still on top.

Pero syempre nasa abilidad at tyaga din talaga ng tao kung san sila malalagay after graduation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
PRC and CHED's top 20 universities in the philippines (as of 2007)