New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Kung sobra-sobra ang powerplant eh bakit kulang daw sabi nang DOE? Or dati (FVR days) sobra supply kaya need taasan singil kasi guaranteed revenue eh, pero ngayon kulang na supply kaso mahal pa din binabayaran nang gov't (due to again the guaranteed income) kaya wala budget for a new powerplant?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Kung sobra-sobra ang powerplant eh bakit kulang daw sabi nang DOE? Or dati (FVR days) sobra supply kaya need taasan singil kasi guaranteed revenue eh, pero ngayon kulang na supply kaso mahal pa din binabayaran nang gov't (due to again the guaranteed income) kaya wala budget for a new powerplant?
    Nung kakaupo lang ni FVR, i remember a spate of brownouts that lasted 5-6 hours daily; knee-jerk reaction is to put up more power plants, pero naging problem yung transmission ng power. Kaso me kontrata na, so i guess in effect the government was contract-bound to pay for something that they can't use.

i guess the logical, forward-thinking way to do it is to forecast consumption and build power plants in anticipation of demand. Then again, this is the PH government we're talking about.

Sana ang gawin na lang is to make sure X amount of megawatts are added to the grid each year, whatever the method, be it via emergency powers or the usual bidding. Hindi kasi talaga magsisync yung emergency powers with the current/future power crises kung biglaan.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Nung kakaupo lang ni FVR, i remember a spate of brownouts that lasted 5-6 hours daily; knee-jerk reaction is to put up more power plants, pero naging problem yung transmission ng power. Kaso me kontrata na, so i guess in effect the government was contract-bound to pay for something that they can't use.

i guess the logical, forward-thinking way to do it is to forecast consumption and build power plants in anticipation of demand. Then again, this is the PH government we're talking about.

Sana ang gawin na lang is to make sure X amount of megawatts are added to the grid each year, whatever the method, be it via emergency powers or the usual bidding. Hindi kasi talaga magsisync yung emergency powers with the current/future power crises kung biglaan.
    Hindi talaga gagana knee-jerk reaction.

Sana nga parang privat company ang gov't. Forward thinking palagi. At may investment hindi yung ganyang lagi na lang dahilan kapos sa pondo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Hindi talaga gagana knee-jerk reaction.

Sana nga parang privat company ang gov't. Forward thinking palagi. At may investment hindi yung ganyang lagi na lang dahilan kapos sa pondo.
    tbh, I'd rather have power plants run entirely by private companies. If it's under the grip of the government, it will be under the mercy of incompetent officials who only care about the polls and their own pocket.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123