New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Well, everyone should be ready indeed to deal with the hated government red tape...

But then again, if you are a driven investor who smells money in a particular business...I think the difficult initial start up and birth pains wouldnt matter if you really think the business you will put up is a gold mine....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    reply to Gen. Miting

i'm just generalizing.

di naman po tayo gumagawa ng case study of individual high net worth pinoys to find out the reasons kung baket hindi nila i-re-invest ang mga billions nila.

May kanya kanyang reason yan.

Yung iba, meron na sila mga malalaking businesses dito. Madami na sila naipon... so tago lang nila ang naipon sa mga bangko sa abroad.

Yung iba, siguro ninakaw lang, hindi marunong mga business, or ayaw mag business para hindi halata na may puhunan... ayaw itago sa mga local banks para walang evidence...

Yung iba, meron na mga businesses, ayaw lang magdagdag na sakit sa ulo as i mentioned earlier

Yung iba, old rich descendants na walang ambition... walang real job, walang minamanage na business, nabubuhay sa trust fund...

iba iba po

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    if one wants to be a businessman in the Philippine setting, then he must be ready to spend more than the average employee turned entrepreneur. kaya nga ako, i dont like to be called "entrepreneur" bec. an entrepreneur is just a sitting duck from vultures.

the importance of buffers and the willingness to spend more than the average "speculator" businessman are what measures a true businessman. if he can surpass this, then i'm sure he will be able to handle bigger challenges.
    And these are the businessman with killer instincts--willing to spend more--last man standing--without any connection....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    How come the Koreans keep on investing in our country?

How come our own countrymen especially these rich guys, stashed away their money abroad?

Hindi kaya laundered money yun..hehehe

favorite pa naman puntahan ng mga kawatan na mga ito ang Hongkong, Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands....

Nakakapanghinayang yung pera nung mga portfolio investments ng Pinoy aborad...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mayaman talaga ang mga pinoy kahit non residence,residence or ex pat. They can afford to mortgage abroad. Which is sad but it's true. Majority can't invest anymore in the Philippines. A lot of them are afraid to go back. Why? Alam nyo na kung why!!!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    How come Pinoys do not invest in mining--the next big thing for the country?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post

Yup, I agree with your observation...

We have confirmed iron and nickel reserves in the country...

These can be used by existing local steel mills for the steel requirements of Hanjin Shipbuilding in the Philippines...

Sana a portion of the 6 billion will be brought here....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    harassment by govt (local and national)

harassment by environmentalists

harassment by local church

harassment by media

harassment by NPA

nevermind... just keep money in the bank

and sleep soundly at night

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    just keep money in the bank

and sleep soundly at night
    What if those pinoys who invested their money overseas were deposited in the following US banks...

Washington Mutual (collapsed), Indy mac (collapsed), Wachovia (malapit na) and those banks in Iceland and Europe......I think you cannot sleep soundly at night

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Pls check info

Washington Mutual bought by JP Morgan. WaMu depositors didnt lose their money.

Wachovia bought by Wells Fargo. Wachovia depositors didnt lose their money.

Indymac taken over by FDIC. Depositors with less than $100,000 will get their money back.

---

A number of people invested in mining when metal prices were soaring

then recession happened, demand for commodities fell, metal prices fell

excellent investment
    Last edited by uls; November 7th, 2008 at 03:04 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Pinoy Investments Abroad