New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    as much as I don't want to react, this just brings me back to the questions we raised a year ago to his spin doctors who are now gone. well, there you have it. don't tell me that it's too early to tell from what he's been consistently doing for his entire political career. as usual, expect nothing.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    PNoy seems to think it is the data encoders job to fix the corrupt activities at the LTO and not the job of the LTO head... iba talaga kung KKK.

PNoy gives embattled Torres credit - Nation - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News

President Benigno Aquino III on Wednesday gave credit to embattled Land Transportation Office chief Virginia Torres for exposing corruption at the agency.

Malacañang’s chief legal counsel, Eduardo de Mesa, is now reviewing recommendations by the Department of Justice (DOJ) to impose sanctions against Torres, the President said.

The DOJ wants Torres dismissed for her alleged involvement in the disruption of LTO operations that stemmed from an intra-corporate dispute at Stradcom, the agency’s information technology services provider.

Aquino defended Torres, saying she brought to his attention the level of service the public was getting from Stradcom, which the LTO pays P1.3 billion a year although its services should be at no cost to the government.

The Stradcom documents Torres surrendered to the President showed that the firm is unable to properly encode vehicle registration data, Aquino said.

“Amongst the data na ibinigay sa akin was the certificate of registration by [a] bus, and I have copies in my office that I kept just to remind me — that’s when Stradcom first got my attention," the President said.

“‘Yung pinadalang data ang nakalagay — kasi parang… [captured] from the screen — engine displacement: 0; size of tires (front): 0; size of tires (rear): 0. So, binalik ko sa kanila at sabi ko, ‘yung nag-encode nito, ‘yung nagbabasa nito, ‘yung lahat ng involved sa process, ano ba namang klaseng data ‘to? It’s all zero," Aquino said.

Aquino not satisfied with correction

He demanded for a correction, but was not satisfied with what was given back to him, according to the President.

“On the second letter, it was size of tires (front) was 2 centimeters; size of tires (rear): 4 centimeters. As you know, 2 centimeters is less than one inch and there is no bus that will have a one inch tire, okay? That was the second letter," he said.

“The third letter, at pinoint out ko naman, ano ba ‘tong data na binibigay n’yo? On the third, nakalagay doon sa engine displacement: number of tires (front)-2; number of tires (rear)-4. Ayun medyo may sense na," he said.

“Pero they’ve had that contract for, I think, 10 years, eh. And imagine collecting P1.3-B and this is the service that people get. Tama ba ‘yan? And I have to credit Asec. Torres for, you know, showing that to me personally," Aquino said.

Aquino also heaped praises on Torres for initiating a time and motion analysis of the capacity of motor vehicle emission testing centers. He said that study showed the testing center can only handle up to 80 units a day.

Aquino concludes that the 300 to 600 vehicles the testing centers report clearly involve records that underwent some “hocus-pocus."

He also credits Torres for contributing to an improvement in air pollution levels.

“’Yung polusyon na kagaya ng kinukwento ko sa inyo dati, ‘nung dinatnan ko, June 2010, 166 micrograms of total suspended [particles] per cubic meter. ‘Yung UN standard is 90, so halos doble. In other words, ang dumi ng hangin natin. ‘Nung February, it was reduced to 120 from 166 and how was that done?" he said.

On Tuesday, Torres returned to work after a two-month leave of absence upon Aquino’s request. — ELR/VS, GMA News

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Aquino defended Torres, saying she brought to his attention the level of service the public was getting from Stradcom, which the LTO pays P1.3 billion a year although its services should be at no cost to the government. (emphasis added)

When we pay at the LTO cashier, is the collecting agency STRADCOM or the LTO? If it is the LTO, then it should remit the appropriate fees to STRADCOM, right? Otherwise, how would STRADCOM make money and stay in business? Duh?!

Also, I find laughable the simplistic reasoning being given as to why STRADCOM is being maligned. I mean, STRADCOM isn't perfect (I got a chance to hire some people who used to work for STRADCOM who lambasted their co-workers for incompetence, and who stated how bad the software design process is) but STARDCOM still has to work in conjunction with the LTO, and it is the LTO who has the final say on things. The LTO is as much to blame for any inefficiencies as STRADCOM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lahat talaga ng gov't contract na meron anomalies eh bumabalik doon sa baboy dati...who is the big fellow behind STRADCOM? oh it's big 'ol mike!

for me ang tingin ko INC member kasi si Torres kaya hinde maalis, minor na lang yun kabarilan ni PNOY.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Dahil INCorporated na, shooting buddy pa.
    Looks like the seed has fallen far from the tree....

Nasira pa imahe ng KKK, walangjoepiter naman oh!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    lahat talaga ng gov't contract na meron anomalies eh bumabalik doon sa baboy dati...who is the big fellow behind STRADCOM? oh it's big 'ol mike!

for me ang tingin ko INC member kasi si Torres kaya hinde maalis, minor na lang yun kabarilan ni PNOY.
    Sapul. :gin:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

tingin ko ito talaga ang target... mahirap man mag generalize na lahat ng accomplishments ng previous administration, may presumption na may kalokohan.. at pag may makita silang angle talaga ng kalokohan, regardless kung may citizens na maaapektuhan (which in LTO case talagang napakaraming hostage na tao), di bale na.. basta lang sa daang matuwid nila...

no comment ako sa Pagcor na tinitira nila.. ayos lang yun... hindi naman basic service ang tatamaan.. although marami din siguro tatamaan na mga charity projects ng Pagcor..

where does daang matuwid end, and the delivery of basic service begin?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Listened to PNoy press conference a while ago. It seems that he is convinced by Virgie that STRADCOM is a failure and the goverment should find a way out of its contract with the IT company. He explained that Virgie claimed that the IT company is overpaid, citing example like keeping incomplete info of a vehicle such as tire sizes (?) and cars that are totally wreck can still be registered with stolen parts(?). By denying STRADCOM of its payment, I think the goverment is just waiting for it to blink and stop operating. Then the goverment will do a NAIA 3 and take over the company, claiming national interest... So if you want to invest with this goverment, better think twice.
    late na comment na to.. but for what it's worth...

in the first place, tire size isn't captured in the registration process... only displacement, engine number and chassis number... yun yung lumang system... when stradcom came in, pina implement lang ng LTO ano ang gusto nila... if they wanted to capture information such as tire size, tire tread, etc., then they should have put it in the specs / requirements ng system that they were bidding out.. hindi kasalanan ng Stradcom ang scope ng project na yun...

ang fault siguro ng Stradcom, is when they generated the report, dapat hindi na nila isinama sa report yung "irrelevant" na columns / fields since hindi rin naman kina capture... natural, garbage in/garbage out... yung naglagay ng 4cm, etc etc.. natural ma force manghula yung nag generate ng report... but the substance is, how the h*ll will the LTO know the tire size kung hindi na capture sa registration process!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Ping De Jesus quits PNoy Student Council.