New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

How then can we push the current administration to suspend this stupid policy?

10.4K:shazam:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the govt should just leave the market alone to determine supply and demand

like auto LPG

govt didnt have to do anything

govt didnt have to push auto LPG

the market for auto LPG developed all by itself

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    if the government dropped the ethanol policy altogther, by how much would the cost of fuel rise?

1 peso?

2 pesos?

****, i'd pay an extra buck or two for better fuel any day. besides, mahal naman per liter na, what difference does a buck or two make (considering na petrol hits 45-46/liter now anyway).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

How then can we push the current administration to suspend this stupid policy?
    Anyone got P-Noy's facebook or email address?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think the price of fuel "did not dip" because of the ethanol blend....

Is the use of LPG driven by environmental concern? If not, then, we could not compare it with the ethanol blend in our gasolines, as it is (arguably) mainly an "environmental policy"...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    if the government dropped the ethanol policy altogther, by how much would the cost of fuel rise?

1 peso?

2 pesos?

****, i'd pay an extra buck or two for better fuel any day. besides, mahal naman per liter na, what difference does a buck or two make (considering na petrol hits 45-46/liter now anyway).

I think the government subsidizes the price by P0.50 to P1.00 per liter for E10 gasoline.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I think the price of fuel "did not dip" because of the ethanol blend....

Is the use of LPG driven by environmental concern? If not, then, we could not compare it with the ethanol blend in our gasolines, as it is (arguably) mainly an "environmental policy"...

demand for auto LPG was driven by the fuel price spike in 2008

same with the biofuel law

the govt wanted to reduce oil/fuel imports coz the price of imported oil/fuel went to the moon in 2008

recall when oil companies started selling E10

recall when auto LPG conversion was totally hot
    Last edited by uls; July 28th, 2010 at 01:10 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah I admit back in 2008 I almost had my Accord (somewhat a gas guzzler) converted into LPG. Buti na lang bigla bagsak ang oil after the bubble bursted around August ata yun of 2008...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep

oil price almost hit $150 in July 2008

very hot ang LPG conversion and fuel saving device threads during that time

and the oil price threads

everyone was hating the oil companies

naalala ko dami nagagalit sa akin coz i kept saying it wasnt the fault of oil companies

hehe
    Last edited by uls; July 28th, 2010 at 01:24 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post

1 peso?

2 pesos?

at present, ethanol is more expensive than gasoline. so gasoline prices will go down if we get rid of the ethanol blend today. i think this has been the trend for quite some time already.

to be fair, at the time this bio thing was being proposed, ethanol was indeed cheaper than gasoline.

the selling point of ethanol is not its price, but that it is a renewable energy source as compared to fossil fuel which may be finite.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Philippines should stop importing ethanol for purpose of blending into gasoline