New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 296 of 478 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4777
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And what did Security Bank do naman to increase its profits?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    And what did Security Bank do naman to increase its profits?
    I think mas conservative sila sa loans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I think mas conservative sila sa loans.

Pero nag increase ang profit nila, so this does not have anything to do with being conservative sa loans.

Pwede siguro dahil binaba ng BSP ang rate, and these banks did not pass on the lower interest rates to their clients?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    isa ung net interest margin

ung charge nila sa loans mataas parin kahit nagbaba ng interest rate ang BSP

at dahil nagbaba ng interest rate ang BSP binaba ng mga bangko ang interest paid to depositors

so mas maliit ang gastos nila lumaki ang net interest margin

-

maari security bank and other banks didn't have to set loan loss provisions as large as BDO and MBTC kaya di kasing laki ang kinain sa profit nila

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just look at how big binaba ng interest sa time deposit

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

-

maari security bank and other banks didn't have to set loan loss provisions as large as BDO and MBTC kaya di kasing laki ang kinain sa profit nila
    Yan nga dahilan. Aggressive naman talag bdo and Metro sa mga loans eh, the bigger the bank the bigger he exposure.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes silang dalawa ang pinakamalaki

they have the most loans on their books so they had to set aside very large loan loss provisions which ate into their profits

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Should depositors be worried with BDO and Metrobank?

Generally, how's the banking industry doing now during pandemic and economic lockdowns, both here in the Philipplines and internationally?
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Should depositors be worried with BDO and Metrobank?

Generally, how's the banking industry doing now during pandemic and economic lockdowns, both here in the Philipplines and internationally?
    concern ko din yan... in March/April i was expressing concern about the health of banks coz worried ako in advance na madami di makakabayad ng utang

pero i think hindi naman pababayaan ng Bangko Sentral na meron mag fail na big bank

ung mga rural bank ok lang pero ung mga size ng BDO and MBTC i don't think they'll be allowed to fail

same thing with major international banks

their central banks won't let them fail

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    May profit naman Metrobank and BDO. Metrobank still made more than Security bank...

Net income of the Ty family’s Metrobank retreated 30 percent P9.3 billion.

The Aboitiz family’s Union Bank of the Philippines posted a six percent drop in profit to P4.504 billion.

The biggest losers were Lucio Tan’s Philippine National Bank (down 65 percent to P1.357 billion net income) and BDO (down 79 percent to P4.3 billion).