New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 223 of 478 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 4777
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

kung ano ang ugali ng tao ganyan din ang gobyerno
    tao is gobyerno.
    gobyerno is tao.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    dalawang lang naman ang reaction ng mga bansa noong nabalitaan may virus kumakalat sa China

1 - "oh sh#t we gotta get ready for that! it's gonna reach us in no time" (Taiwan, Vietnam, SK)

2 - "that's not gonna happen here" and "it's just the flu" (rest of the world)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    tao is gobyerno.
    gobyerno is tao.
    ugali ng tao ugali ng gobyerno

kaya huwag mag expect ng Taiwan-like or SK-like response to the virus

hindi characteristic ng pinoy ang pagiging proactive

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dalawang lang naman ang reaction ng mga bansa noong nabalitaan may virus kumakalat sa China

1 - "oh sh#t we gotta get ready for that! it's gonna reach us in no time" (Taiwan, Vietnam, SK)

2 - "that's not gonna happen here" and "it's just the flu" (rest of the world)
    "Sampalin ko lang yan veerus", "we have the money, I assure you"

Philippine Economy Talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; June 18th, 2020 at 01:42 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    when the virus entered SK, they already had around 100 PCR labs and locally manufactured test kits

we entered the lockdown in March with 2000 test kits from WHO and 1 freaking lab

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Imho another thing that is sorely lacking now that should have been there from the start is a CLEAR AND SUSTAINED INFORMATION DRIVE on how to go about what should be the new normal. Blast that protocol every hour on all channels so it gets drilled down to the stubbornest of brains until following it becomes second nature.

From what I see every time I go outside, a lot of people are still not wearing masks, removing them in public, wearing them with their noses out, touching their faces and social distancing is a token <1 meter.

If we can't expect satisfactory contact tracing and mass testing, can we at least expect that from this government?
    Aside from that, tougher implementation sana ng wearing of facemasks. Sobrang dami na hindi nagsusuot at karamihan sa squatter, palengke at mataong lugar pa. Ano aasahan mo kapag ganyan ka-lax ang policing ng government.

Sent from my SM-N960F/DS using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i'd describe it as typical pinoy way of doing things

always reactive never proactive

pag nandito na ang problema tsaka hanapan ng solusyon

kung ano ang ugali ng tao ganyan din ang gobyerno
    I used to not understand why the rich like to operate only within a certain bubble - only going around in Rockwell, High Street etc, living in certain neighborhoods, etc etc.

But really it's because you can't expect a certain level of decency, competence, discipline and governance from the entire country, so they create smaller bubbles on their own where they can enjoy a semblance of first-world life.

So while the pandemic hits everyone, those belonging to neighborhoods and organizations with proper systems in place are better prepared to react.

Unfortunately for the vast majority of Filipinos, they don't have that option so they have to live with the way the government treats them (aka dispensable).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    What if hindi nag ECQ/GCQ lockdown?
    Is the situation going to be better or worst?
    From an infection and hospital capacity measure, it'll be worse, but it's not as if the current situation is better. From an economic perspective, impact would have been less than now.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So dapat nag herd immunity na lang tayo from the get go? keep the vulnerables isolated/lockdown while let the able bodies go and do their usual things.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    from the corona thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    You are being redirected...

and yet another layoff from Cebu Pacific groundhandling services.....

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Diyan ako mas natatakot sa mass layoff.

coz pag madami wala trabaho mas dadami kriminal?

aside from that

ang economy natin domestic consumption driven

pag madami mawalan ng trabaho we'll have less consumer spending

so when there's less demand, manufacturers will produce less, importers will import less

everybody makes less money