New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 199 of 478 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 4777
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    seryoso kayo?

boohoo?

OMG hindi tao yan

when jut703 said

he meant "so Cathy knows someone who had to move out of Forbes and live in an Avida condo... kawawa naman i'm gonna cry boo hoo hoo"
    Sarcastic na iyak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    OT: Ang boohoo si UF when her parents told her that they might transfer to Alabang. She was so distraught because it is too far daw and she has to go through traffic and pay toll. Mahirap naman talaga ma uproot pero maganda pa rin naman lilipatan nila, malayo lang. Buti di natuloy.

BTT: Ano kaya plan ni psycho to help our economy. I hope the unemployment won't be too high. At ayoko masama sa statistic!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

ung nawalan/mawawalan ng trabaho wala na magagawa ang gobyerno diyan

ang magagawa ng gobyerno gumawa dapat sila ng programa similar to US unemployment insurance

the gov't should put money in the pocket of those who lost their jobs

it will act as economic stimulus coz the money will support end-user consumption

(our economy is consumption-driven)

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ^^^

ung nawalan/mawawalan ng trabaho wala na magagawa ang gobyerno diyan

ang magagawa ng gobyerno gumawa dapat sila ng programa similar to US unemployment insurance

the gov't should put money in the pocket of those who lost their jobs

it will act as economic stimulus coz the money will support end-user consumption

(our economy is consumption-driven)
    This is an alternative take on how to keep the economy afloat during the pandemic:

Why we're seeing mass layoffs in the US but not the UK - YouTube

US: Lets you get fired, lets companies fold; gives you money to tide you over until you find your next job (if there would still be jobs available).

UK: Gives firms money to keep operating (and thus no layoffs); avoids firms from going under and disrupting the economic chain.

In our case that would mean gov't giving incentives for PAL, SM, PLDT, ABS-CBN, etc to keep employing its people even if revenue is down, so they don't have to get fired, look for new jobs, and get trained again, which is a lengthy and stressful cycle altogether.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; May 25th, 2020 at 02:59 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    This is an alternative take on how to keep the economy afloat during the pandemic:

Why we're seeing mass layoffs in the US but not the UK - YouTube

US: Lets you get fired, lets companies fold; gives you money to tide you over until you find your next job (if there would still be jobs available).

UK: Gives firms money to keep operating (and thus no layoffs); avoids firms from going under and disrupting the economic chain.

In our case that would mean gov't giving incentives for PAL, SM, PLDT, ABS-CBN, etc to keep employing its people even if revenue is down, so they don't have to get fired, look for new jobs, and get trained again, which is a lengthy and stressful cycle altogether.

well yeah that will work

but the optics...

it will look like the gov't is bailing out taipans

the media will jump all over that specially Rappler (not to mention anti-du30 socmed)

and besides, many of the layoffs are from small businesses

meron naman SSS Small Business Wage Subsidy (SBWS) to keep employees on the payroll but the one time P8,000 isn't enough
    Last edited by uls; May 25th, 2020 at 10:15 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    basically the gov't has to spend tons of money to support the economy

kaya mga news writer who keep pointing out lumalaki ang utang ng gobyerno i wanna ask them what the alternative is

may graph pa sila showing gov't debt from the time of Marcos

during this crisis, governments around the world are spending a lot of money to support their economies

this isn't unique to PH
    Last edited by uls; May 25th, 2020 at 10:14 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me piliin nila yun dapat I-bail out na malaking companies. hinde pwede lahat i-prioritizes din nila per industry.

As for kung paano mas important isang industry over the other. Hinde ko alam, siguro manufacturing that employs more low income workers
    Last edited by shadow; May 25th, 2020 at 11:41 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    For me piliin nila yun dapat I-bail out na malaking companies. hinde pwede lahat i-prioritizes din nila per industry.

As for kung paano mas important isang industry over the other. Hinde ko alam, siguro manufacturing that employs more low income workers
    Salary and incentive re-structuring too so that expenses could go down thus less need of funds for bail-out. Everyone will need to sacrifice during this time imho.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Salary and incentive re-structuring too so that expenses could go down thus less need of funds for bail-out. Everyone will need to sacrifice during this time imho.
    Mahirap salary re-structuring. Alam mo naman pag nag adjust mahirap na ulit ibalik.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    well yeah that will work

but the optics...

it will look like the gov't is bailing out taipans

the media will jump all over that specially Rappler (not to mention anti-du30 socmed)

and besides, many of the layoffs are from small businesses

meron naman SSS Small Business Wage Subsidy (SBWS) to keep employees on the payroll but the one time P8,000 isn't enough
    It doesn't have to be exclusively taipans. Pati mga Nuat Thai, Brunos Barbers, pati yung hardware store sa kanto, etc etc. Essentially any business (big or small) that has been unable to operate due to the pandemic should receive a subsidy to continue paying wages. Govt can make a priority call depending on which industries are most vulnerable and pour in aid there first.

It allows the businesses to continue on life support as we wair for the economy to get better. It's targeted towards keeping the economy afloat, as opposed to the US method which targets to keep individuals afloat (it's inherently not designed to support a crashing economy).

What it doesn't account for though is the gravity of the situation of the individual. Since you're bailing out industries, you don't know if there was an industry that wasn't prioritized that actually employed somebody who was one meal away from starvation, while the industry you bailed out actually had employees who could still make it through the week.