New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 196 of 478 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 4777
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Nabasa ko pala sa mga meron loans sa banks, yes extended nga ang amortization pero you still need to pay the accrued interests. Diba dapat waived na rin interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think interest is still due but penalties are waived.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Good thing you pointed it out. Read the fine print of my loan - tuloy nga ang interest. Will call them on Tuesday to just deduct everything kaysa tumaas pa interest. 2 months na kong hindi chinacharge eh.

Dapat waived na rin yun.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I respect your opinion bro though I don't agree that you call it cognitive dissonance because I still hold firmly the belief that people can change for the better. It would take harsh realities for some to change though. If we will resign to the fact that we deserve this government then we can expect one of his sycophants to be the next president.

I was referring to congitive dissonance within his supporters, just to clarify.

That is, even if they know something is inherently wrong (i.e Sinas mañanita), they will suddenly justify it just because Duterte says it's permissible (because they hold on to their belief that Duterte is infallible more dearly than following the law).

We don't deserve this government but this is a democracy and the majority are happy with Duterte and see him as a net positive so they will get what they vote for.

Only a brewing disdain from the masses themselves will crumble support for Duterte and his lackeys. But for sure his replacement will also be another populist (Isko, Marcos, etc).

That's the kind of politician most Filipinos like. While we might be able to reach and convert a few here and there, most people will only shift political allegiances when it aligns with their internal beliefs and the reality is that people relate more to populists rather than technocrats.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I have DDS folks on my Facebook feed across all income strata, none of the gov'ts recent booboos have swayed them.

Until now I’m puzzled. Nawala na pagiging rational nung ibang tao, all blunders are justified. Mas big deal pa yung ABSCBN issue Philippine Economy Talk

Ang hirap lalo kung kamag anak mo, hindi ko na lang kontrahin or bigyan ng facts for them to think about in the end ikaw pa din ang mali.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think interest is still due but penalties are waived.

So paano yun mga auto debit or PDC? Pag pinasok nila yun monthly amortization plus accrued interest pa? S

6. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Pero babagsak ba presyo ng mga condos?

Connected.

Can Airbnb Survive? - YouTube

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I was referring to congitive dissonance within his supporters, just to clarify.

That is, even if they know something is inherently wrong (i.e Sinas mañanita), they will suddenly justify it just because Duterte says it's permissible (because they hold on to their belief that Duterte is infallible more dearly than following the law).

We don't deserve this government but this is a democracy and the majority are happy with Duterte and see him as a net positive so they will get what they vote for.

Only a brewing disdain from the masses themselves will crumble support for Duterte and his lackeys. But for sure his replacement will also be another populist (Isko, Marcos, etc).

That's the kind of politician most Filipinos like. While we might be able to reach and convert a few here and there, most people will only shift political allegiances when it aligns with their internal beliefs and the reality is that people relate more to populists rather than technocrats.

Got you. Although my stand would probably be looked upon as CD by others whose views are different from mine.

Agree that fanaticism is dangerous and social media is dumbing down the masses. We need a radical change though to save this country from the abyss.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    now think about how malls can survive

halos lahat ng tenant sa mall either resto o apparel

in this environment there's no way they can afford rent
    Normally, the malls would “renegotiate” the rental fees if they still want to keep their tenants.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Got you. Although my stand would probably be looked upon as CD by others whose views are different from mine.

Agree that fanaticism is dangerous and social media is dumbing down the masses. We need a radical change though to save this country from the abyss.

The radical change will only come when masses realize that not all technocrats are corrupt (also that populists are usually worse) and admit within themselves that we need someone who knows what they're doing and is surrounded by people who know what they're doing.

Unlikely in our lifetimes if I'm being realistic about it. Populism is back in vogue. Not just in the Philippines - you have Trump, Bolsonaro, Johnson, and so on.

Then again there's hope that we will elect the likes of Arden, Merkel, Trudeau - but the big difference is that these are countries with strong educational systems in place. Hindi bobo ang masa nila.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Normally, the malls would “renegotiate” the rental fees if they still want to keep their tenants.

renegotiate means mas mababa rent

so less income for malls

meron expenses mga mall so damay yun

it doesn't stop at one thing

everything's interconnected

-

mall owner borrowed money to put up a mall

income from rent goes to paying the loan

renegotiate --> lower rental income --> mall needs to cut costs to meet debt obligations

if you're on the receiving end of malls' cost cutting you lose income too